Capslock in-game Topic is solved

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Inferna Gaming

Capslock in-game

14 Mar 2018, 10:04

Hey all,

Mostly new Autohotkey user here. I've done quite a bit of searching for this issue and haven't come across anything similar. Apologies if this is a repeat.

Here's the script I use for a game I play:

IfWinExist Dark Age of Camelot © 2001-2012 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved.

#IfWinActive, ahk_class DAoCMWC

#UseHook
$2::send,{f2}{2}{f8}
#UseHook off

Basically, this is a simple script I use to bind two additional actions (f2 & f8) to the key "2", and excluding one particular issue, it works perfectly. The problem is that when I push capslock (I use capslock a regular bind for an action in-game) and caps is toggled on, every time I fire the "2" button it instead fires the capslock action instead of the f2, 2 & f8 that I've set it to fire. The way I've worked around this issue in the past is to just remind myself to toggle capslock off...but this has become increasingly annoying considering I have to fire the action bound to that key twice.

What I'm looking for advice on, is whether I can disable the function of capslock while the game is active. By this I mean, I don't want to turn the key off completely, I just want the script to work regardless of whether capslock is toggled on or off. Perhaps I could remap the key? Anything you can think of would be insanely helpful.

With much appreciation,

Inferna
Nwb

Re: Capslock in-game  Topic is solved

14 Mar 2018, 23:20

Replace

Code: Select all

$2::send,{f2}{2}{f8}
with

Code: Select all

$2:: Send, {Blind}{f2}{2}{f8}
{Blind} prevents the release of capslock, shift, alt and ctrl.
I am your average ahk newbie. Just.. a tat more cute. ;)

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”