Can't send special characters in-game

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Adovin

Can't send special characters in-game

12 Apr 2018, 21:04

Trying to do something rather simple; I want to send this: ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠ in a game using this code:

F4::
Send ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠
return

However when I do press the hotkey that activates this, it sends question marks (?) or another character; but, when I copy and paste the characters it works just fine. Though I want to do this with AutoHotkey and the program doesn't seem to want to output the right characters in a game. I've tested the script outside of the game and it sends the characters but in game it just doesn't work right.
Nwb

Re: Can't send special characters in-game

13 Apr 2018, 02:39

Hey bud,

Sending and, pasting from clipboard are two different things. In the send command, every key is stroked manually, whereas while pasting, whatever is in the clipboard is pasted to the field which supports pasting. So it is understandable that autohotkey was confused when you gave it the command, because those characters are not supported. I don't know the technical definition or explanation but that is the gist.

Here's an alternative,
Have the characters copied to clipboard.

And then use this:

Code: Select all

F4:: Send, +v+
I don't know of a better and proper alternative. And there's one drawback of the method, that you have to copy it manually. I don't know think filetovar would work either. This is out of my scope. But hopefully somebody else will be able to help you!

Cheers! :D
I am your average ahk newbie. Just.. a tat more cute. ;)
Rohwedder

13 Apr 2018, 08:32

Hallo,
the first part seems to be something like that:

q::
Send {U+0E0F}
Loop, 127
	Send {U+0E4E}
Return
Nwb

13 Apr 2018, 11:20

Rohwedder wrote:Hallo,
the first part seems to be something like that:

q::
Send {U+0E0F}
Loop, 127
	Send {U+0E4E}
Return
How did you do that? :o
That's awesome dude! :D
I am your average ahk newbie. Just.. a tat more cute. ;)
Rohwedder

14 Apr 2018, 00:59

Hallo,
Word converts the character before the cursor to hexadecimal Unicode with alt c
but maybe this simpler method works:

Send, {Raw}ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠
Return
Adovin

15 Oct 2018, 00:06

Sorry I'm late; firstly, thank you for trying to help guys, truly a great community. Though these suggestions have not worked, and still outputs as a question mark (?) in-game. I tried AutoIt as well and it does the same, the game in question is Garry's Mod. I seem to be unable to get AutoHotkey to paste my special characters into that game without them being converted/outputting into question marks (?) however when I manually paste with CTRL + V I am able to paste my special character, so I wonder why AutoHotkey is unable to do it.
Evil-e

23 Oct 2018, 08:18

I don't know if it is a browser issue or resolution or what, but your post looks like this to me :(
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trying to do something rather simple; I want to send this: ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠ in a game using this code:

Send ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠
return

However when I do press the hotkey that activates this, it sends question marks (?) or another character; but, when I copy and paste the characters it works just fine. Though I want to do this with AutoHotkey and the program doesn't seem to want to output the right characters in a game. I've tested the script outside of the game and it sends the characters but in game it just doesn't work right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you trying to send these characters via console?

Now, my reply may be completely clouded by the last two days of working on a troublesome script, but I had a very similar issue, as I am understanding your question. Try S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G out the command, as this worked for me. Prior to that, my console was displaying all kinds of characters that weren't even in my script.

See ----> https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic ... 18&t=58127 <---- for possible help :)

:morebeard:
I have a bit of experience opening and sending commands to game console and CMD.exe... just ask :)

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”