Map Controller Analog Stick to Mouse Position in a Fixed Screen Area

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
SpectraXCD

Map Controller Analog Stick to Mouse Position in a Fixed Screen Area

15 Apr 2018, 10:39

Background Info (you may skip reading this):
I'm new to AH and am blown away to discover such a thing exists, and I'll probably use it a lot in the future as I get deeper into programming, but at the moment, I don't wish to learn a full scripting language just for one thing I need done, so I'm basically gonna be selfish and ask the community for help! :salute:

So I'm playing this game in Nox but it only allows button mapping, so I only get to move in 8 directions using WASD (and combining that with JoyToKey) rather than smoothly and freely. It's a fairly new action game but the combat is really flushed out, so precise movement is really useful for dodges and lock ons. I tried using an ahk code from the forum which restricts mouse movement to a rectangle on the screen and combined it with JoyToKey mouse mapping to work around it, but it didn't give me the results I had hoped for, so now I'm here.

Code Request:
This is how I imagine the script to work like, but you guys are welcome to change things here and there as long as it works similarly, if not exactly the same way.
>Hotkey to initiate script
>click on the screen to select a center
>drag to/click on another part of the screen, to which the distance from the center point is considered the radius. This will create a square of side length 2r within which the mouse cursor is restricted/confined to.
>the XY values of the analog stick correspond to the cursor position around that center point within that confined space based on similarity ratios or whatnot.
>Hotkey to deactivate script once mission is over

mouse clicks are not really necessary, but you're welcome to add in a True/False statement, enabling left click while cursor moves to emulate analog dragging more accurately.
Thanks in advance! :D

Edit: The absolute value of the analog stick is always ~1, so the cursor movement will essentially be a circle inscribed in a square

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”