Is it possible to make a script that corrects the path of a player character?

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
TSLW2018

Is it possible to make a script that corrects the path of a player character?

16 Apr 2018, 12:13

So I was wondering if it’s possible to make a script which corrects the path of a player character. For example: I make a script which makes my character go around a rectangular path formed by overlapping halls (for afk farming purposes). This script loops until I stop it. However, enemies can easily collide with the character thus knocking it off course. This essentially makes the script innefecient, unless it’s possible to have a script that corrects this flaw every time it happens. This script would move the player character back on course. Then the character will continue to follow the path as if nothing happened.

I have my doubts that this is possible with an ahk script but I thought it would be worth asking anyways. Keep in mind I’m new to ahk and my knowledge of scripting is very limited, and I apologize if this has been answered before. So is it possible to make a script that corrects the path of a player character?
neverlevel

Re: Is it possible to make a script that corrects the path of a player character?

16 Apr 2018, 17:22

is it possible? probably.. is it easy not very likely from the sound of it.. it depends on what you can check to align yourself with
TSLW2018

Re: Is it possible to make a script that corrects the path of a player character?

16 Apr 2018, 18:10

Thank you for replying! While I doubt the possibility of whether making an ahk script like that is possible. I figured that if it is possible then it would require a lot of difficult work to make. Thank you again for replying, and if anyone else has anything to add then please do so.
evilC

17 Apr 2018, 12:47

Unless the AHK script can detect that it is not where it should be, then no.
ie if all you are doing is sending keys, then how could the script possibly know what is going on in the game?
You need a feedback loop so that the script can detect what is going on in the game. This is often done with PixelGetColor and other associated commands which check for certain colors at certain coordinates on the screen.
swagfag

17 Apr 2018, 14:52

with a problem description this vague the only definitive answer is: maybe

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”