Autohotkey stoped working for WOW. Need Help.

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
JDC

Autohotkey stoped working for WOW. Need Help.

21 Apr 2018, 11:25

I used Autohotkey for several years for Multiboxing in World of Warcraft. I made a break for some months and now as i am returing, AHK Scripts arent working for WOW anymore. It seems that WOW is getting the input directly from the keybord. I am clueless.

here is an example of a script I use:

WinGet, wowid, List, World of Warcraft
5::
#IfWinActive, World of Warcraft
{
ControlSend,,{SHIFT down}{F1 down}{F2 down}{F3 down}{SHIFT UP}, a
ControlSend,,{SHIFT down}{F1 down}{F2 down}{F3 down}{SHIFT UP}, ahk_id %wowid1%
;ControlSend,,{SHIFT down}{F1 down}{F2 down}{F3 down}{SHIFT UP}, ahk_id %wowid2%
ControlSend,,5,a
}
return

For testing I use a simple script like

SetKeyDelay, 0
;_____________________________________________MOVE___________________________________________________

h::s

s::h

But in WOW h is still h and s is still s.

Half a year ago everything still worked fine.

I cannot any answers in the internet.

Does somebody has a similar problem?

Best regards
JDC

Re: Autohotkey stoped working for WOW. Need Help.

21 Apr 2018, 11:55

It has nothing to do with admin. I tried.

I found post about similar problems with "hotkeynet". It has something to do with the battlenet App. But i cannot figure out out a similar fix/code.

only i I start the game directly from the folder it suddenly works. But that is unsatisfiying, to start 4 accounts that way.

But thanks anyway.
eventhorizon

22 Apr 2018, 18:42

One tip you may or may not choose to adopt: Think how you would do each of the 4 accounts manually. then automate each startup/login as a separate hotkey script. Combine the scripts so that one script does all 4 one at a time and you're problem is solved. Keep it simple. I know Autohotkey works in Wow because i use it in wow. Getting fancy at the beginning is a recipe for failure and uber frustration.
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history – with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
JDC

29 Apr 2018, 00:57

Thanks for the advice. Can you give me an example how to tart wow with autohotkey. I would appriciate it very much.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”