remapping mouse keys

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Rhaegar

remapping mouse keys

28 Aug 2018, 14:27

hello .. i got a budget mouse that has a 6 extra buttons but no program is able to read them as mouse buttons rather than keyboard ones , and they are programmed as (a, b, c, d, e, f ) and i want to change them to (f1, f2, f3, f4, f5, f6 ) without messing my keyboard up because when i tried to change them via AutoHotKey the ones on the keyboard changed as well can separate and change the through some code . it would be much appreciated thank u :) .
evilC

Re: remapping mouse keys

29 Aug 2018, 04:50

This is not possible with regular AHK, because it cannot do per-device remappings (ie remap a to F1 only when it comes from the mouse)
This is possible, however, with my AutoHotInterception library (See link in signature)
Rhaegar

29 Aug 2018, 09:50

evilC wrote:This is not possible with regular AHK, because it cannot do per-device remappings (ie remap a to F1 only when it comes from the mouse)
This is possible, however, with my AutoHotInterception library (See link in signature)
thank u for ur reply but the Interception installer is not working for me idk what is the problem its me doing something wrong probably i dont know much about this stuff so if u could explain how to go through it simply i would appreciate it . thnx .
Rhaegar

29 Aug 2018, 11:50

a cmd ish like window is opening and closing quickly ..
at first i thought that this was it and it got installed so i went on to copy the interception.dll to lib as step 3 says and when i right click on the unblocker there is no "Run as Admin" .
i am doing something very wrong arent i ? :3
evilC

29 Aug 2018, 11:55

"First, you must download and extract the Interception assets and then run install-interception. This tool must be run from an administrator command line (you must run cmd as administrator). Just run it without arguments to receive instructions"
ie DO NOT just double-click install-interception
Rhaegar

29 Aug 2018, 14:42

am running it through the cmd by pressing "ctrl + shift + right click" then "open command window here " (correct me if i am wrong ) and then writing "install-interception" and enter and the exact same thing is happening its opening and closing quickly :/
evilC

30 Aug 2018, 04:02

That does not open an admin command prompt, it opens a regular command prompt.
Also, no idea why a second command window is opening and closing when you type a command - that sounds wrong too.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”