hold alt + "key" to give me just that "key"/ignore alt for that specific combination

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
skumfukrock

hold alt + "key" to give me just that "key"/ignore alt for that specific combination

25 Sep 2018, 06:34

hey so my question,

I'm playing this MMO where I have a few keybinds that require alt+"insert key". there's also keybinds that are just a single key press. now sometimes when I'm pressing keys really quickly I end up pressing a key that should've been pressed on its own but I'm still having the alt key down occasionally. What I want is that If I press these 2 keys together that I want the alt to be ignored. As if the other key was pressed on its own.

these are a few lines I've tried but they don't work;

!F4::F4
!F4::Send {F4}

or

!+l::l
!+l::Send {l}

I've got a mouse with 12 side buttons, some of them are bound to the F keys, now the code does disable the altf4 bind, so my tabs aren't closing, but it doesn't trigger just the f4 key activating the thing that I want in my game.
Rohwedder

Re: hold alt + "key" to give me just that "key"/ignore alt for that specific combination

25 Sep 2018, 10:46

Hallo,
try:

Code: Select all

!F4::Send, {F4 DownR}
!F4 Up::Send, {F4 Up}

!l::Send, {l DownR}
!l Up::Send, {l Up}
Rohwedder

Re: hold alt + "key" to give me just that "key"/ignore alt for that specific combination

26 Sep 2018, 00:38

Hallo,
only reasonably enough?
Then try:

Code: Select all

!F4::SendInput, {F4 DownR}
!F4 Up::SendInput, {F4 Up}

!l::SendInput, {l DownR}
!l Up::SendInput, {l Up}

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”