batch files to launch AHK script & games Topic is solved

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Evil-e

batch files to launch AHK script & games

27 Oct 2018, 13:03

I have 15+ games that when its executable is launched with a batch file, will give an error message. Current solution is 2 short-cuts.....
first to launch AHK & another to launch games .exe file.

Looking for an alternative for these few games... any ideas?

:morebeard:

PS> I realize this is not an AHK issue, but assume that many of you use batch files for the same reason
I have a bit of experience opening and sending commands to game console and CMD.exe... just ask :)
Evil-e

Re: batch files to launch AHK script & games  Topic is solved

07 Nov 2018, 08:18

SOLVED female canines :dance:

Due to overwhelming demand and since this thread has placed such a tremendous burden upon the phpBB servers, I figured
I had better share my solution. I hope to curb the tension and to avoid crashing the interwebz with the bandwidth allocated to this issue.
wait for it.........

Batch file to exe converter :thumbup: :thumbup:

I discovered this application yesterday and allows a couple of very useful things for gamers. The first being the ability to use a batch
file to launch a game with command line perameters and AHK, FOV sliders or whatever with a single short-cut. Until yesterday, it was necessary for me to lauch AHK and the game via separate short-cuts, because I cannot add the command line perameters to a batch
file and launch them together (at least no way of which I am aware).

The second issue this resolves is that some games either cannot be launched via batch, as the game will crash or has spaces in the games
executable file. Sometimes removing the spaces to executable works, while other times it does not.

I have now addressed 11 games with this application and one that is giving me fits for different reasons. So the internet can now be
relieved of the demand this issue has placed upon its broad shoulders. It has my humblest apologies for the tole it has taken
upon all who have endured the strain of this most trying time in history. With global strife, pain and unrest in many regions of the
world, we can all rest easier and sleep better knowing that life can now continue..... peacefully, as this issue has been resolved.

:morebeard:
I have a bit of experience opening and sending commands to game console and CMD.exe... just ask :)

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”