(Solved) Script works on Desktop but not in a game Topic is solved

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Heksa

(Solved) Script works on Desktop but not in a game

29 Oct 2018, 13:46

I'm trying to use the following script in Warhammer online - Return of reckoning, a 10 years old massive multiplayer game that I play in a full screen window:

Code: Select all

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

CoordMode, Mouse, Screen

F8::
Click, 500, 500
return
This works, the mouse moves to 500,500 and apparently clicks, in desktop but when I put focus on the game window the script stops working.

Is there a variable I need to state for the scripts to work in games?

I've had similar problems with key mapper softwares for game controllers: most of them work in desktop but stop working when focus changes to a game. A single such software has worked in every game and that software installed a driver in windows which I assume is required if one wants to have control over games. Autohotkey doesn't install a driver so does it have a chance to work with my game?
Last edited by Heksa on 01 Nov 2018, 04:35, edited 1 time in total.
Ruevil2

Re: Script works on Desktop but not in a game  Topic is solved

31 Oct 2018, 08:57

Check through the things in this tutorial. They will probably help get you going.

https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11084
Heksa

Re: Script works on Desktop but not in a game

01 Nov 2018, 04:35

Thanks for the link! It helped me to make the script work. Problem was that I wasn't running the script as administrator.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”