Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.22 28th Oct 2018

Post gaming related scripts
evilC

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.0.18 16th Sept 2016 - Console output via Titan One hardware

30 Sep 2016, 07:38

@BatedBreath - did you get it working?
The GuiControl-Refactor branch that I linked before is now in a much healthier state, I have re-added all the plugins back in, and most things should be functional again.

I am also starting to write a manual for UCR, you can find it here: https://github.com/evilC/UCR/wiki
This will contain both a user's manual (For people who just wish to use the app) and a developer's manual (For those that wish to develop plugins or contribute to the UCR source code).

I plan on trying to release this new version this weekend, which will include vXBox support.

Also, does anyone have any VR headsets? Am planning on looking into trying to add support for some of these - eg allowing you to read the state of the controllers or where the user is looking.
yokowasis

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.0.18 16th Sept 2016 - Console output via Titan One hardware

30 Sep 2016, 08:12

evilC wrote:@BatedBreath - did you get it working?
The GuiControl-Refactor branch that I linked before is now in a much healthier state, I have re-added all the plugins back in, and most things should be functional again.

I am also starting to write a manual for UCR, you can find it here: https://github.com/evilC/UCR/wiki
This will contain both a user's manual (For people who just wish to use the app) and a developer's manual (For those that wish to develop plugins or contribute to the UCR source code).

I plan on trying to release this new version this weekend, which will include vXBox support.

Also, does anyone have any VR headsets? Am planning on looking into trying to add support for some of these - eg allowing you to read the state of the controllers or where the user is looking.
I know this should be pretty simple, but i cant get it working. I wonder what I did wrong

Here is how i do it.
I cant get axis remapping to work, or the button.

http://i.giphy.com/3o6ZsWjQXDwRt9Kh44.gif

And it says about titan axis, even tough I mapped it to vjoy 1
BatedBreath

30 Sep 2016, 08:46

evilC wrote:When you select a vXBox button or axis as an output, it should automatically acquire.

eg add a ButtonToButton
Select the input on the left -> Select binding -> Hit F12
Select the output on the right -> vXBox Stick -> 1
Select the output again -> vXBox Buttons -> A
At this point, vXBox stick 1 should appear in game controllers.
Did this but it did not xreate a virtual joystick. I was using win10 which could be the issue. I'll try my win7 cab this weekend.
yokowasis

30 Sep 2016, 08:47

evilC wrote:@BatedBreath - did you get it working?

I think your Titan Update Break the UCR. I just downgraded, and It work's just fine using version 0.0.17
evilC

30 Sep 2016, 10:07

The new 0.1.0 branch linked above does not have Titan in it yet.
Did this but it did not xreate a virtual joystick
Did you do the SCPVBus install?
http://evilc.com/files/tmp/ScpVBus-x64.zip
To install the SCPVBus virtual USB bus driver, extract the zip, open a command prompt in that folder as admin and run install.bat or remove.bat
ArcadeBliss

01 Oct 2016, 15:49

So after fiquiring out that receiving the register email is broken on this site, I am now squared away thanks to the moderators. I was posting under the name BatedBreath which was very difficult as a non registered user. All my posts hat to be vetted which had an inherent delay regarding my replies.

Soooo on to testing UCR with vBox. I am using win 10 and I followed all of the instructions and ensured the SCPVBus was active in the device manager. Configuring a vBox joystick with one button that not produce a new entry in the game controllers control panel.

Could this be a windows 10 issue? Maybe I am missing something? As far as I can tell, unlike vjox, I do not need to create a vBox joystick in advance before running ucr. Mabye this is a log I can activate to help with this issue

Thanks for your help.
evilC

01 Oct 2016, 17:59

Glad to hear you got yourself sorted out.

I am on Win10 x64, so I doubt it is that.

It's entirely possible you got the repo at a bad point in time or something. Before I linked to the download thread for the current state of the repo, so potentially you could have gotten it at a bad time.
Here is a link to a specific commit, which should be operable: https://github.com/evilC/UCR/archive/58 ... dd1afd.zip

If still no luck I will have to look into it, are you OK with a TeamViewer session or something?
Thanks for testing this out man, really appreciated.
ArcadeBliss

02 Oct 2016, 00:06

Yes I think a remote control session would be great. I will PM you the details.
ArcadeBliss

02 Oct 2016, 16:37

So evilc got it all sorted out and it is working for me now. Thanks!
yokowasis

03 Oct 2016, 04:19

I found another bug of your app

1. the newest version greyed out the axis of my joystick even tough it has z axis. It work's fine on previous version
2. it cant properly map the pov hat. I map my key to hat 1 right, and the result is it pointed to southwest, I map my key to hat 1 down, the result is it pointed to north.

Well, can you help me ?
evilC

03 Oct 2016, 05:30

yoko - by latest do you mean the new 0.1.0 version?
The link posted above was just a snapshot mid-development, so I would not be surprised if you saw these bugs.

I made a new release of 0.1.0, you can find it here:
https://github.com/evilC/UCR/releases/tag/v0.1.0
Please repeat the tests with this version and let me know how it goes.
billyisms

04 Oct 2016, 22:00

I should have some time tomorrow to test the latest version of UCR with the Oculus Rift. Let me know if there is anything in particular you want me to test out.
Helgef

05 Oct 2016, 01:59

evilC wrote: I am also starting to write a manual for UCR, you can find it here: https://github.com/evilC/UCR/wiki
I took a peek at it, seems pretty straightforward, nice job. I might try to make some simple plugins, as an evening distraction.
evilC

05 Oct 2016, 13:39

I am taking a little break from coding right now, probably until the weekend. Have a busy week at work and I have been putting in a lot of hours on UCR lately, so I am pretty tired and burned out.
I will take a look at improving the docs on plugin writing, would really appreciate you trying it out and letting me know if it explains everything sufficiently, and whether it needs any polish in terms of how plugin authors get things done.

Oh and bear in mind that the docs are for version 0.1.x, not the old 0.0.x versions - the syntax is slightly different
Helgef

05 Oct 2016, 14:17

My preliminary report is that the docs will suffice as is, for what I'm doing. I will probably soon take a brake from coding too, unfortunately, for me, coding is my break.
evilC

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.1 9th Oct 2016 - Experimental Rewrite

09 Oct 2016, 17:16

New version released - 0.1.1

You are advised to back up your old UCR folder if using UCR 0.0.x - Nothing is compatible.
You also need the new 2.1.7 version of vJoy and an additional download (SCPVBus). Please read the instructions in the changelog

I have now added Titan One support to the new 0.1.x branch, so things should now basically be back where they were with 0.0.x
The architecture of large parts of 1.1.x has changed, including:

All Input detection and sending of Output is now handled by a class specific to that type of input or output.
All menu entries for each kind of input and output is handled by a class specific to that type of input or output.
This means that if you wish to add new forms of input or output to UCR, all you need to do is write the appropriate classes, then add the new class name to the relevant control.
In layman's terms, with this new version, it makes it much easier to add in new input and output types, or disable io types that you do not want to use.

Please try it out and let me know if everything still works for you. I still have not merged this onto the main branch, so consider this an experimental build for the time being until we are fairly confident that I haven't broken anything major.

Code: Select all

Key:
! : Warning
* : Comment
= : Change / Fix
+ : Added feature
0.1.1 - 9th Oct 2016
+ Re-Added Titan One API

0.1.0 - 2nd Oct 2016
! WARNING! Lots of files changed, INI (Settings file) format changed!
  YOU ARE ADVISED TO BACK UP YOUR OLD UCR FOLDER AND MAKE A NEW ONE
! Major back-end changes. Things that worked before may well not work now.
  Please report issues on the forums or on the issue tracker on GitHub.com/evilC/UCR
! The Titan API has not been re-implemented in this release.
  It will follow. Please continue to use 0.0.x if you need Titan.
+ The vGen API now replaces the old vJoy API and allows vXBox as well as vJoy devices.
  vJoy 2.1.7 or greater is required, you can get it from here:
  https://sourceforge.net/projects/vjoystick/files/Beta%202.x/
! Also required for vGen is the SCPVBus driver, which can be found here:
  http://evilc.com/files/tmp/ScpVBus-x64.zip
  Download it, uncompress the ZIP, and open a command prompt as admin
  Run install.bat to add the driver, remove.bat to remove it
= Switch Absolute / Relative naming for MouseToJoy
evilC

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.2 9th Oct 2016 - Experimental Rewrite (Hotfix 1)

11 Oct 2016, 16:13

Hotfix released - 0.1.2

Code: Select all

Key:
! : Warning
* : Comment
= : Change / Fix
+ : Added feature

0.1.2 - 11th Oct 2016
! Warning! this version is still a little clunky.
  IOClass options (eg to install SCPVBus) do not appear until you add a remapper plugin.
= Fix: vXBox Buttons can now be selected in the OutputButton control.
+ ScpVBus (Required for vXBox) now packaged with UCR.
  I will probably put in a download routine at some point
  But this will do as a stop-gap
+ ScpVBus can be installed / uninstalled from within UCR via the IOClasses > vJoy menu.
Kaliz

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.2 9th Oct 2016 - Experimental Rewrite (Hotfix 1)

12 Oct 2016, 03:10

Quick question hopefully someone can help me / inform me it's not possible.

I am trying to assign a key to a specific vjoy axis. For example Q -> left and E-> right. This much I know is possible. But what I am actually trying to do is tilt the directions by a certain %. For example Q > 50% left as opposed to 100% left.

So I setup buttontoaxis to accomplish the directions and then tried adding axistoaxis to modify the output, but no matter what combination of deadzone/sensitivity I use, it's always 0% or 100%.

Am I just doing this wrong or is it not possible? If not, anyone know of any other solutions?

Thanks in advance.
evilC

12 Oct 2016, 11:54

Yeah, at the moment it is 0% or 100% only.
This is a fairly trivial enhancement to the button to axis plugin though, I would just need to add an editbox for each key that lets you set the percentage used for that key. This has already been requested and is on my to-do list.
For the time being, if you want to make all ButtonToAxis plugins use different values, you can edit Plugins\Core\ButtonToAxis.ahk and change lines 51 and 53
https://github.com/evilC/UCR/blob/Input ... is.ahk#L51
Line 51 controls the "low" end (Left or Up) and 53 controls the "high" end (Right or Down).
Both values use the "Internal" scale (-50...+50) rather than the AHK scale (0..100), so 50% left would be -25 and 50% right would be 25

If you wish to have some plugins that use full deflection and some that use half deflection, you could duplicate this file to create a custom variation of the default plugin.

To do so:
copy Plugins\Core\ButtonToAxis.ahk to Plugins\User and rename it ButtonToAxisNew.ahk
Edit the first line: class ButtonToAxis extends _UCR.Classes.Plugin { and change it to class ButtonToAxisNew extends _UCR.Classes.Plugin {
Edit the Type line: Change Type := "Remapper (Button To Axis)" to something like Type := "Remapper (Button To Axis) - CUSTOM"
Make your changes to lines 51 and 53

Now you can add this as a different plugin.

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”