Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.16 11th Jun 2017

Post gaming related scripts
zudeee

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.16 11th Jun 2017

14 Jul 2017, 13:01

Hi everybody! I hope somebody on this forum can help me. I try to explain my problem: I am using kinoConsole to stream games from my PC to my android tablet. I have an xbox 360 controller connected to my tablet and when I start to stream a game (kinoConsole uses some kind of virtual Xbox controller emulation) I can play with my controller. BUT kinoConsole translates the D-PAD buttons to the arrow keys. And some games I have can't handle this. I know that has all nothing to do with UCR but I thought that UCR would be great to combine the (already virtual) xbox controller and the keyboard arrow keys into one new virtual controller. But here comes my problem. I can map all the buttons axes and triggers but not the D-PAD. When I press the D-PAD buttons when the red window appears just nothing happens. The gui itself reacts to the D-PAD as if the arrow key get pressed (in the menu for example). I checked with a program called keycodes and it seems that the D-PAD buttons really gets translated to arrow keys. But something must be different. I tried to get in contact with the kinoConsole support after 6 unanswered mails I gave up. So, has anybody an idea or a hint what else I can try?
H_Bear

16 Jul 2017, 22:37

Thank you for UCR it resolves a lot of problems found with different profiling software.

However I have a problem in that UCR only recognises six axes in the drop-down, though my TUSBA throttle has eight axes.

Is there any way I can adjust this?

Thanks,

- Bear
H_Bear

17 Jul 2017, 03:45

Another query, how can I select only mousewheel up or down as an output?

If I try with the GUI the bind mode does not complete unless I also press a key or mouse button.

Then I have WheelUp + LButton, but I only want WheelUp or WheelDown.

Thanks,

- Bear
evilC

17 Jul 2017, 05:17

Mouse Wheel is unique insofar as it only generates a "press" event and not a "release" event.
I know in the input code, I simulate a release event for mouse wheel, but maybe I forgot to do it for output.
If I did, that would probably exhibit the behavior you describe.
I will look into it.
evilC

17 Jul 2017, 05:21

H_Bear wrote:Thank you for UCR it resolves a lot of problems found with different profiling software.

However I have a problem in that UCR only recognises six axes in the drop-down, though my TUSBA throttle has eight axes.

Is there any way I can adjust this?

Thanks,

- Bear

AHK uses WinMM for joystick support, which only supports 6 axes, 32 buttons, 1 POV.
At the moment, UCR suffers from these limitations.

I do, however, have some new proof of concept code that allows AHK to read all joystick axes and buttons, but it is currently not integrated into UCR.

I am working towards a new version of UCR that will be able to use this new system, but it is likely some months off.
H_Bear

17 Jul 2017, 06:57

Thank you for your time evilC.

The mousewheel would be a great benefit to me, the joystick axis is an easy workaround as I can simply map the throttle without reference to UCR.

This software is fantastic, I have been searching for this for years!

Cheers,

- Bear
H_Bear

18 Jul 2017, 01:42

I also can't seem to make the 'Profile Inherits Plugins from parent' function stick.

I can select the checkbox then save, but when I reload the script or close and reopen UCR the box is unchecked and the buttons do not inherit.

- Bear

Return to “Gaming”