Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.22 28th Oct 2018

Post gaming related scripts
Guest555

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.19 26th Dec 2017

02 Sep 2018, 04:38

Hello evilC:

I notice you have done incredible work with both UCR and AHI - and a combination of the two would be perfect for what I am trying to achieve with my simpit - and so I was wondering is that possible?

Specifically, I have multiple USB numpads and want them each to be recognised as unique inputs for the purposes of triggering a vJoy button. An example to illustrate: if I press the '+' key on numpad 1, I'd like that to send vJoy device 1 button 4 to my game (DCS Hornet), but then if I press the '+' key on numpad 2, I'd like that to send vJoy device 1 button 5, for example. From the experimenting I've done with UCR, it seems like pressing the '+' key on EITHER numpad 1 or 2 will simply cause vJoy device 1 button 4 to the game - which, in practice, would mean I have a bunch of useless numpads! I had used HIDMacros (now LUAMacros) to achieve this in the past, alas it doesn't work in DCS!

So, noting that AHI is able to distinguish between multiple keyboards and make each of them send 'unique' commands, I was wondering if there was someway that AHI functionality could be fused with UCR to make a utility that could take a bunch of otherwise identical USB keyboards/numpads and allow them to send a bunch of unique commands to vJoy...

I am not software savvy - so I have probably asked you the equivalent of 'could make an aeroplane that runs on hamburgers?'. If that is the case, let me know! Otherwise, if there is some way to achieve this result, then I am all ears! I am happy to muck about and experiment if you can point me in the right direction, as I have figured out FSUIPC, HIDMacros and similar things over the past few years in that way...
evilC

02 Sep 2018, 14:03

You have two options:
1) Code yourself
Use AHI to read independently from each pad and send the output to vJoy using CvJoyInterface

2) Gui App
You need the new UCR-C#, not this version of UCR
UCR-C# uses Interception for keyboard / mouse input, so you can have bindings to each numpad individually.
If the numpads are identical (ie same make and model), then things get a little more complicated ensuring that the first numpad is always the first numpad on every launch, but if this part does not work well, I would be willing to try and work with you to fix it.
Guest555

03 Sep 2018, 03:09

Thanks for the quick reply evilC - I think I'll definitely go with Option 2. I can muck about with config files and have made some very basic AHK scripts for myself (after much difficulty) but that's about as much 'coding' as I've ever done! GUI is always welcome for a simpleton like me!

I've downloaded the new UCR 0.3.1 alpha to test it out, but I am having issues getting it running. However, I've posted on the HID Wizards discord channel as per your documentation, so I'll bow out of this forum now...
evilC

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.20 7th Sep 2018

07 Sep 2018, 11:59

I was not intending to do any major changes to this version of UCR, however it seems that a recent Win10 update broke non-Xbox360 controllers (One, Elite, Accessibility) while the UCR window was not active.
For most people, UCR-C# should be fine, but primarily for OneSwitch and the accessible gaming crowd who still rely on UCR-AHK functionality, this was a problem.
So I decided to make an exception in this case, and have added XInput support to UCR-AHK.
There is no Bind Mode for XInput, I added menu options to the inputs, select buttons or axes from there.

Full changelog:

Code: Select all

0.1.20 7th Sep 2018
+ Added XInput support
  Does not have Bind Mode, as normal AHK hotkeys would see the input too
+ Added Support for Nintendo Switch to Titan
+ Performance increases for Mouse Delta input:
  Cache state of Invert checkboxes in MouseToJoy plugin 
  Disable pseudo-thread callback for mouse delta
+ Replaced CreateGUID  with Lexikos' ANSI compatible version
Anonymus91

14 Sep 2018, 06:50

Hey. I'm new to using this program.
Is there any way I can map a certain position of a joystick to buttons? I'm interested in turning one of my gamepads joysticks into a H-Shifter. Like using two axis ranges to map a button. (X-Y axes)
Thanks!
Anonymus91

14 Sep 2018, 06:51

Hey. I'm new to using this program.
Is there any way I can map a certain position of a joystick to buttons? I'm interested in turning one of my gamepads joysticks into a H-Shifter. Like using two axis ranges to map a button. (X-Y axes)
Thanks!
evilC

14 Sep 2018, 09:29

I think someone wrote something vaguely similar for single-axis use (eg mapping a throttle to 10%, 20% etc) but not an H-shifter.
It's definitely possible though, but you would need to consider both axes.
Having seen that Iris Dynamics dynamic FFB H-Shifter video, would love to be able to do something like that :)
I even bought an old FFB stick to tinker with for that purpose, but not gad a chance to look into it yet.
I try not to add new stuff to this version of UCR where possible, but could probably rig you up a simple POC in the new UCR-C# without too much problem.
Anonymus91

14 Sep 2018, 12:00

evilC wrote:I think someone wrote something vaguely similar for single-axis use (eg mapping a throttle to 10%, 20% etc) but not an H-shifter.
It's definitely possible though, but you would need to consider both axes.
Having seen that Iris Dynamics dynamic FFB H-Shifter video, would love to be able to do something like that :)
I even bought an old FFB stick to tinker with for that purpose, but not gad a chance to look into it yet.
I try not to add new stuff to this version of UCR where possible, but could probably rig you up a simple POC in the new UCR-C# without too much problem.
That would be really nice, really looking forward to it :D Can't wait to test it :)
henrikmink

14 Sep 2018, 15:18

I've just installed Forza Horizon 4. I use buttontobutten for accelerate and brake when i press left/right mouse button, and it works just fine! (it's set as vbox). But when i try to use mousetojoy i can't get the car to turn, i tried vbox and vjoy for x axis, and i just can't figure it out. But it works on forza 7. My windows sees the controller as a Xbox 360 controller, can i change that to a Xbox one controller? and would it work? I'm disabled and can only use my mouse. Please help!
Btw great job!
evilC

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.21 2nd Oct 2018

02 Oct 2018, 05:23

There is no way to emulate an XBox One controller as far as I know.
If Forza 7 works, but not 4, then that says to me that UCR is able to send to the virtual controller OK, so there must be some other issue.
If you map a button to turning, does that work? ie is the problem maybe with the mousetojoy plugin?
minkz

03 Oct 2018, 20:34

Hi,

If i map a key with 'mouse axis to buttons' it works, but there's just to much latency, and very hard to steer.
Yeah maybe it's something to do with the 'mouse to joy'.
Another thing, i can't download the v0.1.21 - it's still v.0.1.20. Thank you for the hard work!

If you can get 'mouse to joy' to work with Forza Horizon 4, i'll put some money in your projekt.

/Mink
Alvaro9090

04 Oct 2018, 05:24

Hi,
I have an issue: I set my K&M as an Xbox controller. All the "Button to button" are working fine, but the mouse to axis have an issue. Basically, the system (windows 10) recognize when I move the mouse and it translates all the input in the correct output but when I launch the game the cursor and the camera stay still. So basically when I'm in windows it works but if I switch in the game it stops working.
Can someone have a solution? I tried to run it as Admin as well but nothing change.

Thanks beforehand for your answer
KSRF97

06 Oct 2018, 12:21

Hey, i've been having some questions about this software, is it possible to bind a gamepad button to another, i mean, remap only instead of associating each button to the keyboard?
evilC

09 Oct 2018, 14:11

@Minkz MouseToJoy is always gonna be slow and CPU hungry in this AHK version of UCR, and I have no plans to improve it as we are working on the new C# version of UCR. Unfortunately, this plugin is a little flaky in the new version of UCR, but I intend to put time into improving this in the near future.

@Alvaro9090 UCR-AHK is unable to hide mouse movement from games/windows. UCR-C# can (See link above), but it will block the movement coming from that mouse, even in windows (ie the mouse will not be usable for normal operations). If you have a 2nd mouse though, this would not be a problem.

@KSRF97 If you mean eg read input from real xbox controller, and send output to vxbox controller, then yes, it is possible in UCR, but it will not work properly with games, because the physical xbox controller will be #1, and the vxbox controller will be controller #2.
However, there is some new tech coming online (Nefarius' HidGuardian vNext), hopefully very soon, that will hide the real controller from the game, making the game think that the vxbox controller is controller #1.
You may also be able to do this by unplugging your real controller, starting UCR, activate the profile (Which creates vXBox controller, but this will get ID #1), THEN plug in your physical controller. If the game ignores controller #2, this may work.
Maestr0

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.22 28th Oct 2018

22 Nov 2018, 06:27

I have an XBox One Controller, with Remapper (Button to Button) I can set it as Input Button using "Select Binding", but not as Output Button (the option there is "Select Keyboard / Mouse Binding ..."). What am I missing?
evilC

22 Nov 2018, 07:13

You cannot remap joysticks like you can keyboard.
What you want is currently technically impossible.
It will become possible with HidGuardian v4
At the moment, the only way to alter how a game sees a physical xbox controller is with x360ce.
This is a limitation solely with xbox controllers
Maestr0

22 Nov 2018, 14:45

evilC wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 07:13
You cannot remap joysticks like you can keyboard.
What you want is currently technically impossible.
It will become possible with HidGuardian v4
At the moment, the only way to alter how a game sees a physical xbox controller is with x360ce.
This is a limitation solely with xbox controllers
Ah, understood, thank you for the clarification!

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”