Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.22 28th Oct 2018

Post gaming related scripts
Oliver

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.19 26th Dec 2017

23 May 2018, 08:46

Now that vJoy doesn't work anymore under Windows 10 v1803 and the developer of vJoy is not planning to fix it because he's stopped working on it, what do y'all recommend to use as an alternative?
evilC

23 May 2018, 12:28

1) There is no alternative, and I know of no projects attempting to do what vJoy does (DirectInput emulation with FFB).
2) It has not universally stopped working on Win10 1803, it's just for some people, and just some of the time.
3) If there IS a problem in vJoy that can be fixed, if it requires a driver signing, we can get that done. Just because Shaul is not actively developing vJoy any more and does not have his own signing cert does not mean that it will definitely not be fixed.
Meekstaaa

23 May 2018, 14:28

@evilC New version still doesn't work. But vJoy has died now with new version of windows anyway :(
evilC

23 May 2018, 14:47

By the way, when I am saying "Nothing to replace vJoy", I mean DirectInput, not virtual Xbox.
There is something to replace "vXbox" (virtual xbox via vJoy) - ViGEm.
ViGEm also does DualShock 4.
The new UCR uses vJoy for DirectInput, and ViGEm for virtual XInput (Xbox) and virtual DualShock 4
Oliver

24 May 2018, 07:31

Will the new v0.3 version eventually support the Axis-to-Axis with Detent option?
evilC

24 May 2018, 08:31

Eventually it will support everything the old version did. It's still the same basic idea - extensible through plugins. We are iterating upon the UI and trying out new stuff, but we don't want to close the door to anything the old version could do.
Oliver

25 May 2018, 08:19

Hey man, thanks for letting us know. I currently cannot do without Axis-to-Axis with Detent due to a new aircraft that will be added to the flightsim I play next week.
Sushi

04 Jun 2018, 05:11

Hello Evil
Excellent work I'm able to remapp my SideWinder Precision 2 perfectly on the virtual joystick. The only pb is disabling physical controller.

On the vjoy forum you gave isamu a solution to make a game use vjoy controller instead of the physical one.
http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/i ... ontrollers
However, with many games, there is a workaround...

1) Unplug all your sticks, leaving just vJoy
2) Start the game
3) Plug in the sticks after the game starts.

Most games will not recognize sticks plugged in after the game starts.

If using UCR or UJR, you would need to (re)start them after plugging in your sticks.

If this method works for you, try also disabling the devices in device manager instead of unplugging them, then tab out of the game once it starts and re-enable them.
If that works, then potentially we could write an AHK script that you use to launch a game - the script would disable the devices, launch the game, then re-enable the devices.
This solution works perfectly on W10 1803 for the game HardWar.
This solution could help freinds on Zedo Forum (http://hardwar.proboards.com/)
I'd like to know a script that disable/enable automatically my physical controller but I've no idea how to do that. Could you explain it and maybe implement this function in UCR in a further release ?

Anyway a great thanks for all this precious work.
Sushi

04 Jun 2018, 10:43

Hello, now registred :)

Maybe I could do this automation disabeling/enabeling the physical joystick driver, using the task manager ?

To play HardWar, first, I run the Launcher (Hardman.exe). Then the launcher launches the game itself (HardwarW.exe).

So I was willing if I could use those 2 events to creat a task that shuts down the driver when Hardman.exe is launched and an other task that wakes up the driver when HarswarW.exe is launched...
Or maybe creat a task that shuts down the driver when HardwarW.exe is launched, then waits for a wile and restarts the driver ???

Maybe there is a better solution ? The point is that I don't know how to configure all this, even in the task manager...
I'm going to investigate what I'm able to do.
Anyway thanks a lot for that great idea.

Cheers
Raf
jules58000

04 Jun 2018, 17:47

Hello everyone,

I own the Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS and I would like to use it on the PS4.
But the cronusmax PLUS does not take into account the throttle.
On the first page, it is marked that the UCR software is compatible with the TITAN ONE !
But is the UCR software compatible with the cronusmax PLUS and its cronus PRO software ?

If yes, thank you for telling me the procedure to follow.

As for remapping with the joystick, I understood how to do it !

Thank you in advance for your answer :D

Have a good day,
Regards,
Julian.
Sushi

06 Jun 2018, 06:14

Hello world,

Waiting for a soft solution here is my solution to avoid disconnecting the usb plug each time ! It works great...

Just cut the USB red wire on the PCB inside the joystick and rewire it to a switch anywhere you want. The switch enables/disables the joystick on demand that's great.

Regards
@+
Raf
evilC

06 Jun 2018, 12:17

jules58000 wrote:Hello everyone,

I own the Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS and I would like to use it on the PS4.
But the cronusmax PLUS does not take into account the throttle.
On the first page, it is marked that the UCR software is compatible with the TITAN ONE !
But is the UCR software compatible with the cronusmax PLUS and its cronus PRO software ?

If yes, thank you for telling me the procedure to follow.

As for remapping with the joystick, I understood how to do it !

Thank you in advance for your answer :D

Have a good day,
Regards,
Julian.
The cronusmax does not come with an API, and so it is not possible to control a cronusmax from a PC, like it is possible with a Titan.
This will never change unless the manufacturer release an API.
I know of no other similar devices to the Titan that have an API
To clarify. The Titan allows you to connect it to the PC and to a console *simultaneously*, and you can load a .DLL file on the PC and use the methods inside it to control the Titan whilst it is connected to the console. This is totally different to GPC scripts, which run on the device itself.
AFAIK The cronusmax simply does not have an API mode.
jules58000

06 Jun 2018, 12:51

evilC wrote: The cronusmax does not come with an API, and so it is not possible to control a cronusmax from a PC, like it is possible with a Titan.
This will never change unless the manufacturer release an API.
I know of no other similar devices to the Titan that have an API
To clarify. The Titan allows you to connect it to the PC and to a console *simultaneously*, and you can load a .DLL file on the PC and use the methods inside it to control the Titan whilst it is connected to the console. This is totally different to GPC scripts, which run on the device itself.
AFAIK The cronusmax simply does not have an API mode.
Hello,

Thank you for your reply !

With cronusmax plus, would you know a software to run my throttle at the same time as the joystick (T.16000M FCS HOTAS) ?
evilC

06 Jun 2018, 14:03

I don't use them, so no idea.
The Titan basically would probably suffer from the same issue as the Cronus *if* you plugged the stick into the input port of the Titan, because devices such as the Titan and Cronus are only designed to support console controllers in the INPUT port.
However, with the Titan, you can plug the stick into the PC, read the stick in the same way a PC game would, then send the data from the PC to the Titan (which is plugged into the console) via the data cable, by executing a call to Gtuner.dll on the PC.
So unless you can control the cronus with computer code that is running on a PC (Not GPC script that runs on the cronus itself!) then no, it can't be done if the INPUT port of the cronus does not support your stick.

However.

Could you not maybe use PS4 remote play running on a PC, then send the input to the PS4 that way?
jules58000

06 Jun 2018, 16:23

Thank you for your reply :D
evilC wrote:The Titan basically would probably suffer from the same issue as the Cronus *if* you plugged the stick into the input port of the Titan, because devices such as the Titan and Cronus are only designed to support console controllers in the INPUT port.
The joystick is not connected to the cronusmax PLUS input port.
evilC wrote:However, with the Titan, you can plug the stick into the PC, read the stick in the same way a PC game would, then send the data from the PC to the Titan (which is plugged into the console) via the data cable, by executing a call to Gtuner.dll on the PC.
It's the same for cronusmax PLUS.
The joystick and throttle (2 different usb) are connected to the PC. The cronusmax PLUS is plugged into the PS4 and the computer is connected to the cronusmax PLUS via the PC PROG port !
You have to use the cronus PRO software to use the cronusmax PLUS, and especially the X-AIM extention to remap the joystick boutons for example !
But the X-AIM extension only supports one controller !!! Not two !
So either I can use the joystick or I can use the throttle !
evilC wrote:So unless you can control the cronus with computer code that is running on a PC (Not GPC script that runs on the cronus itself!) then no, it can't be done if the INPUT port of the cronus does not support your stick.
I had thought of writing a GPC script, but far too complicated for me !
Or use the UCR software, but it is not compible with the cronusmax PLUS.
evilC wrote:Could you not maybe use PS4 remote play running on a PC, then send the input to the PS4 that way?
Explain your sentence because I do not understand it too much !
evilC

06 Jun 2018, 16:43

Ah, OK, I did a little googliing around and it seems there is an API for the Cronus

http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread. ... X-Plus-API

However, I am no longer actively developing this version of UCR, I am re-writing UCR in C#, and seeing as the cronus library is C#, it would make sense to implement it there.
However, not having a device would make it problematic, and clearly you are not able to implement it yourself.
So, without a loaner device or something, probably not likely to happen in the near future.
I may have someone who can loan me one though, or we could maybe find someone who is willing to integrate the cronus with UCR.
I made a post on the thread I linked, we will see if anyone is interested. I am just waiting for it to be approved by a moderator.
jules58000

06 Jun 2018, 17:45

evilC wrote:As I have said, UCR does not drive the Titan via X-AIM, it drives it via the GCDAPI API.
By using the API, we can use ANY number of controllers of ANY kind , or even things which are not "controllers" to drive the Titan.
I can control the titan with my eyes and speaking commands if I want to!
OK.
But cronusmax plus works the same way as titan one (normally !)
I return to the forum cronusmax to ask them if the key is API compatible, but normally yes !

Thanks a lot and see you soon !

EDIT :

OK, I just saw your new message !
I also found the same page.

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”