Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.22 28th Oct 2018

Post gaming related scripts
skylake

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.16 11th Jun 2017

01 Aug 2017, 06:46

Whelp, I'm an Idiot. I don't know how to install/use Joystick Wrapper (specifically "Extract ahk and dll's into same folder as script). What is the script? Is it referring to the ahk file? It also says to include thew library, I do not know where to put this code.

Sorry for being a pain,
skylake.

P.S. Thanks so much for your help.
evilC

01 Aug 2017, 07:41

I should really change that, as I made it easier in a more recent release.
Just extract the zip and double-click MonitorDemo.ahk - it should run the demo app which should allow you to check whether it all works.
TrogWW

01 Aug 2017, 11:00

Hi guys I'm new here and my question might be rather trivial.

I am attempting to use evilC's cvjoyinterface library to write some scripts to read tool assisted inputs and output an vXbox controller which can then be recognized by padpyght gamecube display. With that library I am pretty sure I need to use two vJoy devices for each control stick. I then wanted to use UCR to combine both devices into a vXbox device to be recognized by padpyght however I can't seem to get a vXbox device to appear on my joy.cpl.

I am pretty sure I installed everything correctly. http://puu.sh/wYNyL/9a8bc93b53.png

Is there someway to setup a vXbox device through the vJoy config interface? Because I'm not seeing it.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I think I figured it out. Turns out I didn't properly install the ScpVBus.
skylake

02 Aug 2017, 01:50

Hi!
Me again (you're probably sick of these)

So I tried multiple versions of this (v0.1 -0.5)
and they all came up with this:

"Error at line 2.

Line Text: #Persistent
Error: This line does not contain a recognized action.

The program will exit."

Thanks for all your help so far!
If you can't help I can try the original method of making my own scripts to subscribe joysticks instead. But all help is appreciated!
skylake

02 Aug 2017, 06:50

Back...
Again...

So the demo is working, how would I link the readings up to a vjoy device or something of the like?
evilC

02 Aug 2017, 18:06

You would need something like CvJoyInterface
This only supports vJoy, not vXBox, I never got around to doing a standalone implementation of that, I just have the one in UCR.
I got the emulation part of ViGEm working the other week, and I am about to implement it in the re-write of UCR that I am working on, so at that point I may make an AHK wrapper for that which does virtual xbox and playstation.
baker99

05 Aug 2017, 16:06

Hi evilC, I'm a disabled gamer and have just been given a modified Xbox 360 controller to test by a charity called SpecialEffect. I am really liking the simplicity of UCR and how easy it makes doing powerful things, I have used AHK in the past for mouse button remapping but it's much easier with UCR.

I have a couple of questions, first off can you add a toggle check box to the profile switcher please? This would be very handy to almost double the amount of joystick buttons I can use without having to hold a button down while doing it, even better would be cycling through 2, 3 or more profiles by pressing a button.

Edit: Ignore the above paragraph, by using 3 profile switchers in different profiles I have cycling working.

I have been using the second thumbstick as a mouse, I've tried reducing the sensitivity and increasing the deadzone but it's still tricky controlling the mouse as its not linear, if I move the stick too far the mouse just zooms off, could you add a linear check box to the joystick to mouse plugin? Or just more of a gradient so it reaches full speed more slowly?
baker99

06 Aug 2017, 16:31

Thanks evilC, the new mouse plugin works great.

For some reason the windows on-screen keyboard doesn't work with the mouse as a thumbstick, I suspect microsoft are doing some low level stuff with it, also as soon as UAC kicks in to ask for administrative privileges I lose mouse control on the thumbstick, again I suspect microsoft are doing something funny there.

Daniel.
baker99

07 Aug 2017, 10:29

Much better, still the odd glitch but working well in admin mode, had a nice afternoon playing old Atari ST games form my youth.
benabbott

08 Aug 2017, 00:59

Hi there, I've been messing around with UCR and I havent been able to use the Joycon buttons with the program, just the sticks. When i try to 'Select Binding' I can only use keyboard bindings, not switch controllers. Any help would be awesome, thanks!
benabbott

08 Aug 2017, 15:03

They do, the joycons themself and sent through vjoy
ErAzOr

20 Aug 2017, 05:13

Does anyone use gamestream by moonlight?

Foreach controller which is connected on the streaming client, moonlight will create a virtual xinput device on the host.
So far so good.

The problem is, that all virtual devices on host shares one hardware id. So the problem is, that some emulators (like cemu or demu) won't recognice multiple controllers. They will just recognize one controller.

So what I need is something like a wrapper, which creates a virtual xbox controller for each instance of the (by moonlight created) virtual xinout device.

Is something like this possible with UCR?
jra64

21 Aug 2017, 02:46

Is there anyway to map a single button to output 2 controller inputs at the same time?

I'd like to use a PS4 controller's L1 shoulder button to send the inputs square + triangle simultaneously. The game I'm playing does not inherently support this and I have to use gamepad inputs because the keyboard will be being used by another player (and it completely ties up all kb input).

If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated I've been searching for a workaround for 3 days now.
evilC

21 Aug 2017, 04:26

@ErAzOr - What do you mean by Hardware Id? VID/PID? All Xbox controllers have the same VID/PID, so this is normal for XInput.

@jra64 - Each profile can only map an input once. It will let you map it multiple times, but only one will work.
To do what you want, you could add a child profile to your current profile and tick the "inherits from parent" checkbox.
That way, both profiles will be active, and each one can have it's own binding to L1

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”