Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.22 28th Oct 2018

Post gaming related scripts
JHobz

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.19 26th Dec 2017

15 Mar 2018, 22:25

Hi, I'm wondering if there's a way to bind one controller input button to multiple vJoy output buttons? I attempted to do so via two ButtonToButton plugins that both have the same input button, but the second always just overrode the first.
Jaydeekay80

17 Mar 2018, 11:31

Potential stupid question incoming.

Is it possible to have ucr sit inactive until it sees certain exes running? Buttons/joysticks though an ipac2 setup here. Reason being this program is essential for me to get marvel vs capcom 3 & mortal kombats 9 & 10 running 2 player yet seems to not register anything on super meat boy, mario x & a few others.
evilC

17 Mar 2018, 12:24

Nothing built into the UCR GUI, but you can control UCR from the command-line using CLI.ahk, so you could probably write an AHK script to monitor when these windows were active or inactive, then switch profile accordingly by issuing a command to CLI.ahk. eg switch to an empty profile when you want UCR "Off".
jdm00

20 Mar 2018, 11:26

Hey Evil, this is fantastic work. I have a question...

I have a full 4 player pedestal that I use an IPac Ultimate, has the works... trackball, spinner, etc.

I then have a separate computer that I use with my windows computer and i either use my xbox controller; and if someone else comes over for two player games i use my tankstick (it's too much a hassle to use tankstick for games like Fortnite, etc).

Then finally, I have a couple portable setups that i use some cheap xinmo encoders on for small arcade for my kid.

To support all this, I have a hyperspin setup on all 3 computers; on computer #1 i configured all the emulators for ipac. For computer #3 for kids mini arcade with xinmo I set up that one for xinmo based controls for all the emulators. Worst is on computer 2, I have two different setups that I wrote an AHK program that swaps out two sets of config files for all my emulators to accommodate xbox or tankstick controls.

Would i be able to 'unify' this and set up all my emulators with a single set of controls; then just use different plugins for this program to alter it based on each computer? Problem is when I do updates 1 or 2x a year on my setup; it's a pain distributing it out to the other setups because of all the different controls. This would be a huge lifesaver.

Thoughts?
evilC

20 Mar 2018, 11:52

Unfortunately, I am not really familiar with the ins-and-outs of your use-case.
However, I am currently partnering with Snoothy to rewrite UCR in C#, and he is a cabinet owner, so is probably more familiar with your use-case.
He is also the one driving the features for cabinet owners in the new version, so this should mean that if this version of UCR is not appropriate, the new one should be.
Probably the best place to contact us is in the HidWizards Discord Channel
AstralProxy

24 Mar 2018, 11:51

Hi, firstly thank you for this awesome tool.

I am trying to control the Xbox app on Windows with this.
But even though I map buttons to vJoy, it doesn't seem to feed them to the app.

I have confirmed that the "vjoy device" under "Setup USB game controllers" is getting the inputs.

Any ideas?
wa2w

25 Mar 2018, 08:31

where do you find the xbox right and left triggers?
CHIZZLES

27 Mar 2018, 20:12

I'm probably just being stupid but whenever I try to open UCR it displays this message:

Error at line 32

#Include file "Classes\UCRMain.ahk" cannot be opened

The program will exit.
fablog

29 Mar 2018, 23:48

EvilC, I don't what happened but my Vxbox was working flawlessly with all my games but one day it wasn't anymore for some games. I tried many things but I'm lost. If I want to install everything another time what should I do? Is it true that we can uninstall vjoy after creating successfully a vxbox? Thank you! My setup: windows 10 N, Ipac, ultimate 370 joystick
Chunkeroo37

31 Mar 2018, 01:38

I noticed that someone on Reddit posted about UCR being a good program. I would like to use it to map a joystick to work as a mouse in Windows 10. I would be using it for desktop work, such as web browsing, Outlook, Evernote, etc. But, any functionality in Windows 10 would be great (beggars can't be choosers). I do have a joystick that I recently purchased. However, if it's complicated to get this particular one working (it's a Thrustmaster USB Joystick) I'd be willing to return it and buy a different joystick.

As an aside, I would also be interested in getting a Steam controller more functional in Windows 10, too.

When I try to install the program (double clicking the ucr.exe file, I get a red dialogue that says Windows protected your PC. It looks like I just need to disable Windows defender now?

Also, for my intended use, do I need to have other programs installed in order for this program to work?
saspoon

03 Apr 2018, 03:19

I use UCR to map K&M buttons to emulate a Xbox controller. But I found out or it seems that the game now detects the raw mouse input and blocks the BlockInput MouseMove statement.

I'm new to pretty much all the programming languages. @evilC Is there a way to achieve this goal using AHK or Phython? any hint at raw mouse movement or keystroke is not detected to a specific game or program, or Window OS, but only the emulated signals?

Afai searched so far, there's a hardware, a sort of adapter that turns K&M signal before it enters the gaming device, which isn't attainable for me right now. I hope there's a way using only software. (And it's not about getting an advantage, this time it's rather not to end up in disadvantage pretty much. :- )
pyonchan

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.0.18 16th Sept 2016 - Console output via Titan One hardware

07 Apr 2018, 04:34

evilC wrote:When you select a vXBox button or axis as an output, it should automatically acquire.

eg add a ButtonToButton
Select the input on the left -> Select binding -> Hit F12
Select the output on the right -> vXBox Stick -> 1
Select the output again -> vXBox Buttons -> A
At this point, vXBox stick 1 should appear in game controllers.
I installed all required stuff and did the above, but my pc still just says vJoy under devices and the game doesn't see any controller plugged in.
EvilLurker

08 Apr 2018, 02:36

can you please add an option to not display loading splash screen? i need it off since im using this on an arcade cabinet
thanks for this great tool!
EvilLurker

08 Apr 2018, 12:57

BTW found a bug: On "release" key to change profiles does not work, only on press, tested it in multiple ways
Mister SaiZo

09 Apr 2018, 15:17

First of all: Thanks for a great program! It really saved my day..
I'm running it on my PC connected to X-Aim to emulate an ordinary PS4 controller, using it in Elite:Dangerous.

It works flawless, every button, axis, I can do magic with this program!
The hardware I'm using is the Thrustmaster T1600m FCS (stick and throttle). I managed to eventually make the throttle work, creating two different inputs and outputs (Throttle 1 and throttle 2 - vJoy axis 7 & 8, then putting the 8 axis in reverse..).
A question, what does the "linear" box do if I check it?

I tried the "Axis splitter", does miss the deadzone and sensitivity options there, thus ending up with two different "inputs". Which did work..

Also, if there is anyone else with the same setup as me, you must set the deadzone between 5 to 10% otherwise it wont work.

Thanks again for a great utility, it really saved my day.
evilC

09 Apr 2018, 19:12

EvilLurker wrote:BTW found a bug: On "release" key to change profiles does not work, only on press, tested it in multiple ways
I just tested it and it works fine.
Be aware that for the hotkeys of a profile switcher to work, the profile that contains the profile switcher must either be active or inherited.
Are you maybe not realizing that if you switch to a child profile on press, that unless you tick "Inherits from parent" in the child profile, that the profile switcher will no longer be active, so your release hotkey will not work?
evilC

09 Apr 2018, 19:24

Mister SaiZo wrote: A question, what does the "linear" box do if I check it?
The sensitivity setting normally deforms the output values using a curve, so all points on your input stick map to a different point on the output - ie it may make it more sensitive in one area, but it has to become less sensitive in another area.
Linear mode is just a straight multiply - for sensitivity > 100%, your stick will max out early, for sensitivity < 100%, your stick would not be able to reach the limits of the output.
EvilLurker

10 Apr 2018, 13:48

evilC wrote:
EvilLurker wrote:BTW found a bug: On "release" key to change profiles does not work, only on press, tested it in multiple ways
I just tested it and it works fine.
Be aware that for the hotkeys of a profile switcher to work, the profile that contains the profile switcher must either be active or inherited.
Are you maybe not realizing that if you switch to a child profile on press, that unless you tick "Inherits from parent" in the child profile, that the profile switcher will no longer be active, so your release hotkey will not work?
I haven't realized I need to use a child profile..

I'll try it out..

BTW what about the splash logo ? Is it possible to have a version without it?

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”