Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.22 28th Oct 2018

Post gaming related scripts
vank

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.10 4th Feb 2017

15 Feb 2017, 10:48

Oh, never mind. I found the answer I was looking for in the wiki. You put a nice example for rapid fire function there. So now I've got everything working just fine! Once again, thanks a lot for this great tool!
derekcfoley

16 Feb 2017, 13:14

Hi there

Tried your new app for the first time today, seems to work well - a lot better than UJR, and solved many of my problems of getting the Xbox 360 controller to play ball along with my Logitech G940 flight stick, pedal and throttle with the G27 steering wheel, pedals & shifter controllers on the same virtual joystick.

I have noticed a few things:
1) Visual test indicators
I really miss the "on/off" indicators on the buttons that showed on UJR - it was really helpful to show it working, can you add it to the button to button plugin, perhaps illuminating the title bar, Input button or something when you press the physical button.

2) Axes sometimes stop working
Sometimes when devices switch off, (e.g. xbox 360 wireless controller powers off due to idle), some axis inputs (presumably due to ids altering) stop working (the input preview stops moving). I've found I can re assign the axis to the same setting, then it fixes it - can you do this in the app automatically if it loses touch with an input - or at least warn the user in some way on the app itself?

3) Joystick to Mouse plugin?
Could you add this - This would be really useful for Minecraft, which is missing joystick controls entirely, yet has a good precise mouse view control - which would be great on the right stick of a 360 controller to give proper 1>1 analog control as you get on the 360 edition of Minecraft.
Using inferior apps (like joy2key) don't work as well with a joystick because it simulates a digital control so you don't have fine control.

4) TrackIR support
At the moment I have to run a script on FreePie to allow my TrackIR to simulate mouse movement, it would be great to have your app do this as well so I don't have to have so many separate apps running.

5) Joystick ID fixing
There are lots of issues with the UCR app getting confused if windows 10 re-assigns Joystick IDs, which it does periodically, so again rather than using JoyID swapper, could you build something into your app to monitor this on a system level and re-assign based on previous saved settings?
Bayyari15

17 Feb 2017, 00:07

I am very happy i ran across this, actually, it was suggested by Shaul lol. This seems to be exactly what i am wanting but i can't seem to get it to work. Are there known issues with vjoy/UCR working properly on windows 10? I guess i could tell a brief overview of what i'm trying to accomplish. I invested a bit in VR, the last bit i don't have is the Virtuix Omni, which i feel will be another 7 months or so before i get it. So, i am wanting to create a solution that will work in the mean time. The idea, find a way to convert mouse movement to a left joystick for a gamepad. Then i can deconstruct a couple wireless mice and build them into slider shoes and when i walk it translates to gamepad movement. Which, this program should be able to do! which is so exciting. But, i can't get ScpvBus to install. If i try to run in cmd, like suggested, it says that "'devcon.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file", any suggestions? Most times i can figure these things out myself but i'm at a loss with this one.
evilC

17 Feb 2017, 12:38

@derekcfoley

1) Yeah, I suppose I should.
At the moment, the visual indicators are implemented on a per-plugin basis. Ideally they should be part of the IOControl, but I suppose until I can implement this, I should at least do for buttons what I have done for axes. Added to the issue tracker as issue #160

2) I have only just gotten my first wireless controller - a ps4 pad. I can see if the issue repros with that and if so, if it can be fixed. Issue #161

3) What you probably need is delta mouse output, which UCR currently does not support. Ideally would have to add another IOClass for this to be trivial, but I suppose it could be done in a plugin. Issue #162

4) I have a TrackIR, but NaturalPoint are a bit of a bunch of dicks to be frank when it comes to their API. They have this copyrighted poem thing in their API. I think you can access in a legacy mode or something without it, I would have to look into it. Added as #163

5) No plans for this at the moment. I have issues with feature creep and a ridiculously huge backlog.
However. At some point I would love to ditch AHK's built-in joystick routines and move to something else (DirectInput, RawInput etc). If this occurs, this is likely to no longer be an issue.

Glad that UCR is working out for you, and thanks for the feedback.
evilC

17 Feb 2017, 12:42

@Bayyari15
'devcon.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file means that it could not find devcon.exe
So check Recources\ScpVBus in your UCR folder - is devcon.exe in there?
You should also be able to do the install manually:
Open a command prompt (do it as admin) and navigate to that folder, then run the install.bat from there.
Bayyari15

17 Feb 2017, 15:10

devcon.exe is not in the ScvPBus folder, and when i try to run the install.bat file it says the same thing:

c:\UCR\Resources\ScpVBus>install.bat
'devcon.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
evilC

17 Feb 2017, 18:52

@Bayyari15 - You are indeed correct. It was missing from the zip due to my gitignore file excluding it from the repo.

I have re-uploaded UCR with the missing devcon.exe

Thankyou, and apologies for the inconvenience.
Bayyari15

17 Feb 2017, 19:08

Thank you! I'll let you know if this all works as planned!
evilC

18 Feb 2017, 13:35

David Baldwin submitted a pull request with changes to re-implement selection of mice in the InputDelta IOControl.

He was 90% of the way there (It worked, but the UI was rough around the edges), so I polished it up - this comit has the changes.

I also made it so that if anything other than "Any Mouse" is selected, unless the ID of the mouse matches the selection of the GUIControl, the InputThread does not send a callback to the plugin. This means that way less inter-thread calls should be made when using multiple mice.

Helgef, would you mind running your tests and seeing if the performance is still good?
evilC

19 Feb 2017, 10:29

Just committed a new version with previews for buttons as well as axes.

The preview controls are now a built-in guicontrol: You just add one, and pass it the IOControl that you wish it to monitor.

Here, I am holding up+left on the d-pad.
Notice that there are two variants of the button preview. In the ButtonToButton, I was short of horizontal space, so I used a "thin" variant - note the green strip to the left of the InputButton control in ButtonToButton #1.

And here is a sample code implementation of a button and it's preview:

Code: Select all

Gui, Add, GroupBox, Center xm ym w170 h60 section, Input Button
this.AddControl("InputButton", "IB1", 0, this.MyHkChangedState.Bind(this), "xs+5 ys+20")
this.AddControl("ButtonPreview", "", 0, this.IOControls.IB1, "x+5 yp+5")
That's it. You do not have to call updates on the input and output previews, UCR does it for you.
Helgef

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.11 19th Feb 2017

20 Feb 2017, 10:36

Great additions!
About the updated InputDelta, I cannot see any problems with performance. However, I wonder if it might be a good idea to implement a static SeenMice variable for the InputDelta class, and update all controls when a new mouse is encountered. I suppose that would be handled at _InputThread.RawInput_Mouse_Delta.OnMouseMove().
evilC

20 Feb 2017, 12:10

Oh bugger, I had not noticed how david baldwin implemented that part, it seems to be the line this.IOControls.MD1.AddItem(MouseID, MouseID) in the MouseToJoy plugin.

The InputThread only passes info about the mouse generating the input back to the main thread, so that does not seem like the best solution.

I think what is required is a change to the InputDelta class to override the base OnStateChange from IOControl. All input for the inputdelta class will pass through there, so it should be pretty simple to have it update it's own menu.
Not 100% sure about having it update all menus in all controls though, but at least all the functionality would be encapsulated into the class.
Helgef

20 Feb 2017, 12:26

:thumbup:
Additionally, maybe add something like, Detect new mouse, either to the control or main menu, beacuse, when you open the control's menu, and all you see is Any mouse, you (read: I) think, No, I want to specify this mouse. It is more intuitive to have such an option. Eg, Detect new mouse -> Promt: Move the mouse you want to detect -> Mouse #x found.
Helgef

20 Feb 2017, 12:47

Yeah, I guess I was biased because I was looking to check out the mouse selection. Anyways, no rush on this, it works as advertised it seems :thumbup:
evilC

20 Feb 2017, 14:20

Oh and FYI I am on holiday for then next 4 days sampling the delights of Dutch coffee shops, so just to let y'all know not to expect any replies or updates in that time, and I may not be much use for a week or two when I get back either ;)

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”