Mouse to keyboard / virtual joystick

Post gaming related scripts
Helgef

Re: Mouse to keyboard / virtual joystick

19 Aug 2016, 00:09

You can choose a higher power to raise the last term with.
Helgef

19 Aug 2016, 00:23

Adding more terms:
(Plot title is wrong, shoud be value:=(sens*value)+((1-sens)*value**3)-((1-sens)*value**5)+((1-sens)*value**7)
Helgef

19 Aug 2016, 05:34

I agree.
The middle one no good.
Helgef

08 Sep 2016, 03:03

evilC wrote:Thinking about it some more, while the curve of the last one seems quite nice, there is quite a lot of calculations in there. I am wondering if it is worth it.
I would really not worry about that, addition and multiplication are "really fast". Try looping the expression a million times, if the one you worry about takes 100 times longer than the other, I wouldn't use it, but I doubt that's the case.
Helgef

08 Sep 2016, 03:39

Now it is actually possible to download this script, via dropbox: mouse2joystick.rar (no direct download). Edit: new link at the first post.
Last edited by Helgef on 12 Apr 2017, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
Smithe554

John

03 Mar 2017, 09:34

I really like your writing style, good information, regards for putting up dckgkgaeedebcdge
loadinator

12 Apr 2017, 12:00

I placed "HelgefM2J.ahk" in the Plugins/User but i get the following error after loading UCR -

"Error at line 14.

Line Text: _Plugin
Error: Unknown class.

The program will exit."

Any ideas, am i doing something wrong?
Helgef

12 Apr 2017, 12:15

That plugin is outdated, there are other mouse to joy/key plugins in ucr. I would only recommend my script if you want the graphical aid, but last time I tested it something wasn't right. Cheers.
loadinator

12 Apr 2017, 14:14

Fair enough. Can you recommend anything else? i have been testing the mouse to joy in UCR but it isn't smooth enough, feels awkward and jumpy. Is it possible to get any better or am i wishful thinking?
Helgef

12 Apr 2017, 14:41

I just tried my script, it seems to be working in a simple testing setup, I might have had some other issues with my PC the last time a tried. Did you try it? There is a download link at the top of the first post. You need to install vJoy for virtual joystick. I have vJoy 2.1.8.
About UCR mouse to joystick, there are several parameters to tweak, maybe try the absolute mode, it looks smoother in the preview. If you have issues with that plugin, you can ask evilC in the UCR thread.
I do not know about any alternatives.
You are welcome back with any questions/issues, good luck
evilC

12 Apr 2017, 14:47

loadinator wrote:Fair enough. Can you recommend anything else? i have been testing the mouse to joy in UCR but it isn't smooth enough, feels awkward and jumpy. Is it possible to get any better or am i wishful thinking?
Try running sample script 1 from MouseDelta
What does the data coming from your mouse look like when you move it around at the normal kind of speed you would while playing?
If all the numbers are low (Say max of 5), then UCR does not have much to work with, so the mouse to joystick will bounce the stick around a lot.
In that instance, did your mouse come with software? Can you crank up the DPI? (Windows mouse sensitivity will have no effect).

But as Helgef said, relative mode is gonna be a bit twitchy, because of how a mouse works.
loadinator

12 Apr 2017, 18:28

Been trying to run the mouse delta script for the past hour but for some strange reason my f12 key is not working and i cannot toggle on. I will post any results if i do get it working.

I did however try the absolute mode in UCR and that is almost what i want (the smoothness is perfect) but as you would already know that once i move my mouse cursor it seems to keep moving in that direction, rather than stopping as soon as my mouse stops.

To answer Helgef's question, i tried your link at the top of the page and that does work in Windows 10 but i need something similar to UCR (creates a virtual keyboard + mouse) because i am trying to use it on an emulator which doesn't have mouse input.
Misster X

27 Jul 2017, 12:18

Don't know if the thread is dead (or even the author :D ) but in case I wanted to thank them for this script; well, doesn't work at all for Il-2 Sturmovik Complete Edition, which was the primary reason why I downloaded it, but the work is great, and at least deserves a thanks! Now it works perfect for the game PES 2017, and I found a solution for the former in using UCR by evilC, which is also awesome, but unfortunately misses a "dead zone" feature like this script here (in "absolute" mode, that is; "relative" being far too jerky for me).
So, thank you Helgef for this very useful tool (and evilC if around for UCR). :wave:
Misster X

27 Jul 2017, 12:32

loadinator wrote:Been trying to run the mouse delta script for the past hour but for some strange reason my f12 key is not working and i cannot toggle on. I will post any results if i do get it working.

I did however try the absolute mode in UCR and that is almost what i want (the smoothness is perfect) but as you would already know that once i move my mouse cursor it seems to keep moving in that direction, rather than stopping as soon as my mouse stops.

To answer Helgef's question, i tried your link at the top of the page and that does work in Windows 10 but i need something similar to UCR (creates a virtual keyboard + mouse) because i am trying to use it on an emulator which doesn't have mouse input.
To loadinator, and others who might have this issue, as I did, what I found out is that the more "axes" you map to your mouse's movements, the less the whole thing is accurate --you get latencies and other delays. So for me, who uses UCR and the plug-in MousetoJoy in it to play Il-2 Sturmovik (flight game), what works is the simple mapping of the X and Y axes. When doing so, mouses' movements are perfectly synced and I can play without any problem.
Helgef

28 Jul 2017, 16:49

Misster X wrote: doesn't work at all for Il-2 Sturmovik Complete Edition
While I have no idea what that (game? :D ) is, I am not surprised, UCR uses superior methods for reading the mouse, and I generally recommend it over my own, rather limited, script.

Finally, thank you very much for taking the time to give some feedback, say thanks and share your solutions, much appreciated.

Cheers.
Misster X

30 Jul 2017, 09:43

Well , maybe UCR is superior in some aspects , but your script is very handy indeed ; its interface , simplicity of use and features (like being able to easily modify the deadzone, the angular deadzone and so many other little things) make it a not at all outdated script , or limited. These are things I couldn't find anywhere else after having scanned the whole internet ! And even if useless , it would still call for thanks ; after all , what really matters is the obvious love and care this has been done with , the extensive amount of work and application that emanates from it and finally the sharing with others when the tool could have been kept for oneself only.

And actually, I lied when I said it didn't work with the game Il-2 Sturmovik : it does, but only when changing screen resolution to 640x480 (or something) and below , with the additional feature that block your cursor to the far left of your screen... lol :D

Anyway, I renew my thanks ( 'cos it still works for many other games) and the thanks of all the other users whom I'm sure would have thanked you the same way I do if only they hadn't been so anxious to go and try the script with their game and had been able to drop a line here without the "hassle" of creating an account to do so :D So in my name and theirs, a big thank you :)

P.-S : Come on, who doesn't know Il-2 Sturmovik , one of the best , most famous combat flight simulator of the 2nd world war period ? Shame on you... Well I didn't know about it myself a mere month ago so I forgive you :lol:
loadinator

14 Dec 2017, 14:04

Have to agree with the above post, this has finally sorted out the mouse movement issue i had. Someone took this and modified it to work with different programs (https://github.com/CemuUser8/mouse2joys ... U/releases), works like a charm! thanks again.

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”