My take on Snake

Post gaming related scripts
User avatar
SpeedMaster
Posts: 78
Joined: 12 Nov 2016, 16:09

Re: My take on Snake

28 Aug 2017, 15:52

Too bad for me :(
I can not install the new version for the moment... thanks anyway. :)
Btw, I am also working on a snake game (almost finished) :D
I will release it soon.
User avatar
maestrith
Posts: 667
Joined: 16 Oct 2013, 13:52

Re: My take on Snake

28 Aug 2017, 21:54

Update:
-Settings: Changing board size does not reload the script
AHK Studio OSD GUI Creator
Donations
Discord
All code is done on a Windows 10 PC Running x64 and AutoHotkey x32
User avatar
Masonjar13
Posts: 1074
Joined: 20 Jul 2014, 10:16
GitHub: Masonjar13
Location: Не Россия

Re: My take on Snake

28 Aug 2017, 22:05

You should consider releasing this on Game Jolt ;) You might also consider adding an option for the boundaries to kill (that's how I'm use to playing it, anyway).
User avatar
maestrith
Posts: 667
Joined: 16 Oct 2013, 13:52

Re: My take on Snake

28 Aug 2017, 22:33

No idea what Jolt is, but I may look into it.
AHK Studio OSD GUI Creator
Donations
Discord
All code is done on a Windows 10 PC Running x64 and AutoHotkey x32
User avatar
jeeswg
Posts: 2058
Joined: 19 Dec 2016, 01:58
Location: UK

Re: My take on Snake

28 Aug 2017, 22:43

This is amazing, I was thinking of doing Snake at some point, but this is better than what I would have come up with, although I might still have a go (at some point). Thanks for sharing.

Some things I was thinking of:
- faster speed
- smaller board
- secret (or not) option to beep when the snake hits itself in Zen mode (it's good to know when you pull off a cool 'just missed the tail' trick that you did in fact actually avoid an overlap
- secret (or not) option to prevent the snake from moving into itself, 'solid' mode (i.e. pressing the arrow key at that point would do nothing if it would cause a collision)
- (I only mention 'secret' because the options menu looks quite full already!)

Also:
- call it caterpillar, it looks more like a caterpillar, or snAHK hehe, actually nah Snake is fine
- AHK green/red colours ftw
User avatar
maestrith
Posts: 667
Joined: 16 Oct 2013, 13:52

Re: My take on Snake

28 Aug 2017, 22:56

jeeswg wrote:This is amazing, I was thinking of doing Snake at some point, but this is better than what I would have come up with, although I might still have a go (at some point). Thanks for sharing.

Some things I was thinking of:
- faster speed
- smaller board
- secret (or not) option to beep when the snake hits itself in Zen mode (it's good to know when you pull off a cool 'just missed the tail' trick that you did in fact actually avoid an overlap
- secret (or not) option to prevent the snake from moving into itself, 'solid' mode (i.e. pressing the arrow key at that point would do nothing if it would cause a collision)
- (I only mention 'secret' because the options menu looks quite full already!)

Also:
- call it caterpillar, it looks more like a caterpillar, or snAHK hehe, actually nah Snake is fine
- AHK green/red colours ftw

Faster Speed:
-I had that in at one point, but I re-wrote the code and forgot to put it back in.
Smaller Board:
-You can kind of do that by changing the size of the snake itself. You can have basically a 2x2 board by making your board 500x500 and the snake 250
Beep on collision:
-The way I play it, it would never stop. I crank it up to 500 body segments a lot.
Solid Mode:
-Not real sure how I would do that...
I do like the idea of SnAHK as a name :) but it's already Snake. Thanks for the kind words!
AHK Studio OSD GUI Creator
Donations
Discord
All code is done on a Windows 10 PC Running x64 and AutoHotkey x32
User avatar
Masonjar13
Posts: 1074
Joined: 20 Jul 2014, 10:16
GitHub: Masonjar13
Location: Не Россия

Re: My take on Snake

28 Aug 2017, 23:29

Game Jolt! It's an indie game dev site. It would get a decent bit of attention on there, I think. Users might be a bit more critical about it, though, but it would be good feedback if you're looking for that.
User avatar
SKAN
Posts: 310
Joined: 29 Sep 2013, 16:58

Re: My take on Snake

01 Sep 2017, 12:17

Very nice! :)
User avatar
maestrith
Posts: 667
Joined: 16 Oct 2013, 13:52

Re: My take on Snake

01 Sep 2017, 12:21

SKAN wrote:Very nice! :)

Thank you :)
AHK Studio OSD GUI Creator
Donations
Discord
All code is done on a Windows 10 PC Running x64 and AutoHotkey x32
CSWinnall
Posts: 1
Joined: 15 Sep 2017, 23:16
Facebook: craig.winnall
Google: +CraigWinnall

Re: My take on Snake

16 Sep 2017, 00:15

when I run snake I get this window pop up

2017-09-16.png
2017-09-16.png (18.34 KiB) Viewed 140 times


Im on windows 10 and ie 11

Any Ideas?

Many Thanks
yawikflame
Posts: 13
Joined: 02 Jan 2017, 06:19

Re: My take on Snake

16 Sep 2017, 17:26

does this snake have anything to do with the one you helped me with?
:D :D
if so, i'm glad i got you into it ;)
User avatar
maestrith
Posts: 667
Joined: 16 Oct 2013, 13:52

Re: My take on Snake

17 Sep 2017, 18:58

yawikflame wrote:does this snake have anything to do with the one you helped me with?
:D :D
if so, i'm glad i got you into it ;)

The idea was from that project, but I don't think I re-used much.
AHK Studio OSD GUI Creator
Donations
Discord
All code is done on a Windows 10 PC Running x64 and AutoHotkey x32
User avatar
maestrith
Posts: 667
Joined: 16 Oct 2013, 13:52

Re: My take on Snake

17 Sep 2017, 19:02

CSWinnall wrote:when I run snake I get this window pop up

2017-09-16.png

Im on windows 10 and ie 11

Any Ideas?

Many Thanks

Not really sure what is going on there :( Everything "should" be included and working. I'll have to do some troubleshooting through PM to see what's up.
AHK Studio OSD GUI Creator
Donations
Discord
All code is done on a Windows 10 PC Running x64 and AutoHotkey x32

Return to “Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests