Macros for Dota 2

Post gaming related scripts
Player

Macros for Dota 2

03 Feb 2018, 15:54

I share scripts for Dota 2 and tips to create your own.2.

Note about the macros: when your hero get stunned don't spam the macros or they are kind of queued and you will be unable to control your heroe, it's a bug in the game.

For my main script I always set it to the ` key at the left of the 1 button, it Dota it's used for the score board, remove the shortcut for it. All the abiltiies and items shortcuts are those by default but they must be set to quickcast. If you want use the Refresher Orb don't include it in the macro because it could be used when you don't want or before your abilities are all used.

When I use a script that select multiple units and does as much abilities as possible for example with Beastmaster, Arc Warden or Bristleback I use no delay between the key I just hold the key to loop the script:

Code: [Select all] [Download] (Untitled.ahk)GeSHi © Codebox Plus

`::
SendInput, zxcvrqwedf{TAB}
Click, right
return

Version in a loop, the advantage is that the macro is repeated directly and can be repeated faster:

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] (Untitled.ahk)GeSHi © Codebox Plus

A fast click script, useful to take the bounty rune in 10vs10 (don't steal the rune in normal game unless your support wants to take it from you). You can use the SendInput, {F1} in the loop to center the view to your hero if it helps you block the creep at the beginning:

F4::
Toggle := !Toggle
While Toggle{
Click, right
sleep 1
}
return

Using delay:

For other heroes that needs a specific orders for their animation I use the cast animation timing on the wiki: https://dota2.gamepedia.com/Cast_animation
To use them properly you need to trigger in priority every items then abilities without cast animation that you want with a delay of 75 ms then use the abilities with the lowest cast animation time to the highest. A cast animation of 0.3s on the wiki is equal to a sleep of 300 ms, and 1s = 1000 ms, you must add 75 ms after every cast animation so the keys are detected correctly and you are sure the ability has finished to be casted.

I suggest a sleep of 150 after the first ability/target item so it has the time to turn and face the enemy before doing the other inputs, with a blink dagger does that at the second ability/target item. Between each input use a sleep of 75 (0.075s). If there is a cast animation add the delay of 75 to it. For example for Nature Prophet the Sprout cast animation is 0.35s (350) so to summon the treants with Nature's call you need to use a sleep of 0.35s + 0.075s and if this is the first input of the script add 0.15s.

Note that you need to be in range to cast your spells in the order, you can get a blink dagger or aether lens to never miss your abilities.

An example with nature prophet to summon the treants the cast animation of his q is 0.35s and the cast animation of his e is 0.5s:

turn = 150
delay = 75

`::
SendInput, {F1}q
sleep turn + 350 + delay
SendInput, e
sleep 500 + delay
SendInput, {F2}
return

Items and ability orders:

Here is the order of the priorities

The first key is F1 to select your heroe or F2 to select the group with your heroe first. Note that if you include F1 or F2 you won't be able to use tab because it will always select your heroe again. You can use the number 1, 2, 3, etc. and create groups with ctrl + number, you can prepare your groups in the demo mode.

There is a delay of 75 ms between each keys.

Pre-initiation:
- Shiva
- Cloak

Initiation:
- Blink dagger

Items with travel speed:
- Ethereal blade
- Nullifier
- Rod of Atos

Turn delay of 150 ms or after the disabling items bellow

Disabling items:
- Orchid
- Scypthe of Vyse
- Diffusal blade

Items active:
- almost every items with an active

Items with an aura:
- Drum of Endurance
- Pipe of Insight

Abilities:
- Every abilities without cast animation then use progressively the ability with the highest cast animation unless they need a specific order of execution like a damage amplification, I suggest to not include summoning units in it but to summon the units in anticipation before the fight (excepted the necronomicons that must be used after blinking because they have no cast animation)

Return to “Gaming”