Simple macro, unreliable execution?

Post gaming related scripts
Schizotron

Simple macro, unreliable execution?

03 Mar 2015, 22:44

I'm trying to blaze through equipment and vehicle windows for my most common loadouts in Planetside 2. I typically only press three buttons to do this, one to enter the window, hold down one and press the other to select the item I want. I can get the macro to work, sometimes, but definitely not all of the time.

It should be noted that I am a novice at macroing, which is probably pretty apparent when you look at this short abomination I put together for a two-step macro with a delay. I'm just confused to why the second step, after the Sleep command, won't always fire.

Here it is:

LShift & x::

Send, E

Sleep, 500

Send, {F1}

Return

As far as I figure this *should* work, I go up to the equipment terminal and hit this hotkey, at which point it sends the key 'E' which is the hotkey for interacting with objects, and then it waits half a second through the Sleep command for the equipment screen to load, then it sends F1, which is an in-game hotkey for fast selections.

I'm just trying to do this all in one action, because my laptop requires me to hold down the 'Fn' key while finding the ill-placed F1 key above the number row, which is annoying as hell.

Any advice to what I'm doing wrong here that this macro just won't fire every time I press it?

Thanks.
_3D_

Re: Simple macro, unreliable execution?

04 Mar 2015, 11:51

1.You can enter your laptop BIOS and change how the F keys to work with or without Fn button.
2.Your script must work, probably you need to sleep more and to use SetKeyDelay if game check for bots http://ahkscript.org/docs/commands/SetKeyDelay.htm
AHKv2.0 alpha forever.
Ruevil2

Re: Simple macro, unreliable execution?

16 Mar 2015, 08:42

Most likely you need to hold down each key a little longer. Try this and decrease/increase the sleeps between the up and downs until it works the way you want. Take a look at this tutorial for more tips.

http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/1 ... he-basics/

Code: Select all

LShift & x::

Send, {E down}
Sleep, 50
Send, {E up}

Sleep, 500

Send, {F1 down}
Sleep, 50
Send, {F1 up}

Return

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”