Why there is not community in linux for ahk-like automation, intend of gui automations

Discussion about the AutoHotkey Foundation and this website
qemu-buro-point1

Why there is not community in linux for ahk-like automation, intend of gui automations

03 May 2016, 21:28

Hi,
here is the question:
https://beboreportingmachine.wordpress. ... Anchorname
Question: how is there no live in xautomation as in ahk, where there is community? Can not understand for a while why the differences are that drastic.
Btw: who is mainly in "gui cracking" these days? Tester? Gamer? Developer? just Users? In which explicitly which intend?
Thanks for any opinion.
qemu-buro-point

Re: Why there is not community in linux for ahk-like automation, intend of gui automations

06 May 2016, 17:40

joedf wrote:What?
:terms: It is something easily understood, do not care: If the coin clamped, falls through once, pls take care to notice and hold fast were exactly was the misunderstanding and report it, here. Could be important, because specific to the object.
tia
nnnik

Re: Why there is not community in linux for ahk-like automation, intend of gui automations

07 May 2016, 03:35

I can only speak for myself but I don't understand your entire text (probably Google Translator).
Recommends AHK Studio
Almost_there

07 May 2016, 05:51

Yepp, it's dfinitely translated text. Seeing that all the time when a site suggest to view a translated version - the result is seldom readable.
kon

07 May 2016, 11:24

Google translate is usually a lot better than this though. I can vaguely discern the subject from this post's title, but the body of this post and the website linked-to are gibberish. Utter nonsense.
Bruttosozialprodukt

19 May 2016, 06:29

I think he's simply asking why there is no such tool as AHK for Linux (or at least why there's no community interested in it).

If that is the question, my answer would be as follows:
While there are a lot of computers running Linux these days, almost all of them are servers. And Linux servers usually don't run desktop operating systems, they typically don't even have anything like a window manager installed. Everything is done via command line tools.
And these command line tools can already be automated up to a certain point via a script language called Bash that comes pre-installed with Linux. Admittedly it is a pretty ancient language and lacks modern features, but it's usually enough.
If it is not enough, there is python which does not come pre-installed with Linux, but it is way more powerful.

So on the server-side there is simply no need for AHK.

I can't really speak for the desktop side of things, but there have been more or less successful attempts of creating AHK forks that work on Linux. I think one of them was called Iron-AHK.

The differences between native windows GUIs and native Linux GUIs are probably enormous, btw.
vasili111

02 Jun 2016, 00:08

If you are asking for Linux Gui automation, you can use LDTP, Github link
DRAKON-AutoHotkey: Visual programming for AutoHotkey.

Return to “About This Community”