Thank you AutoHotkey!

Discussion about the AutoHotkey Foundation and this website
victorel

Thank you AutoHotkey!

10 Jun 2016, 06:59

Hi,
It is my first post, and the title says what I wanted to say the most: :bravo:

Thanks to all who invented and developed Autohotkey!

Why do I seem so excited or grateful?

I have had to learn several programming languages in school and university (Pascal, Matlab/Octave, Python), and tried/read about many more out of curiosity. And while all languages entice you to studying them, and promise usefulness, at something ... somewhere ... sometime... in the future, -- AutoHotkey pays back right HERE and NOW!

I mean, those other languages I learned, never happened to help me in my daily life, as I did not become a programmer. In contrast, with Autohotkey, just shortly after reading the tutorial, I was able to create a script that does something I need at PRESENT:
- for my old notepad, an autosave function , change of TAB size, and CTRL-SHIFT-S to Save as..
- a CTRL-U and CTRL-SHIFT-U to turn the selected phrases to upper and lower case
- a CTRL-G to get the definition of any selected word in Google
-- and several other planned...

Given this incredibly easy start-off and immediate pay-off for beginners, I believe Autohotkey could become* one day a great first programming language to learn for everybody.

Good luck!!

---------------------------------------
*Footnote: Especially after some polishing of the syntax, to make it more consistent.
Last edited by victorel on 10 Jun 2016, 07:14, edited 1 time in total.
jNizM

Re: Thank you, AutoHotkey!

10 Jun 2016, 07:09

you're welcome :thumbup:
[AHK] v2.0.5 | [WIN] 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | [GitHub] Profile

Return to “About This Community”