Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

Discussion about the AutoHotkey Foundation and this website
joedf

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

17 Apr 2017, 20:24

just me wrote:
joedf wrote:I want to promote AHK, ...
...and you actually believe that cheating is the kind of promotion AHK needs?

We already had a forum managed by a person simultaneously managing a cheating site.
Yes you are right. As, I have said:
joedf wrote: [...] as long it is not in any way deteriorating to AHK's public image [...]
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Exaskryz

18 Apr 2017, 00:03

nnnik wrote:You guys are missing the issue and just blame cheating.
The actual issue is that someone managed to post and share malicious code on this website.
Someone did damage the reputation of this website.
We need to find a way to limit post in the Scripts section to safe content.
Oh, yeah, I actually totally missed that.

I thought the problem was someone put on a youtube video of the cheats, and in the description linked to a download at rapidshare or megaupload or whatever the new popular file sharing platform is, which turned out to be a compiled exe that the (malware) author said was written in AHK.
just me

18 Apr 2017, 03:02

nnnik wrote:The actual issue is that someone managed to post and share malicious code on this website.
Yes, and that someone was only able to post his malware because it is permitted to post cheating scripts within the Gaming sections. How would we be able to control the things behind the curtain (PM me, email me, meet me on Steam, etc.)?
Capn Odin

18 Apr 2017, 03:19

just me wrote:
nnnik wrote:The actual issue is that someone managed to post and share malicious code on this website.
Yes, and that someone was only able to post his malware because it is permitted to post cheating scripts within the Gaming sections.
I do not understand, I can post malicious code anywhere on the forum.
Please excuse my spelling I am dyslexic.
just me

18 Apr 2017, 03:33

Capn Odin wrote:I do not understand, I can post malicious code anywhere on the forum.
So just try it. It would be interesting to see who and how many would download and use an exe it if it isn't gaming related.
nnnik

18 Apr 2017, 04:55

Exaskryz wrote:
nnnik wrote:You guys are missing the issue and just blame cheating.
The actual issue is that someone managed to post and share malicious code on this website.
Someone did damage the reputation of this website.
We need to find a way to limit post in the Scripts section to safe content.
Oh, yeah, I actually totally missed that.

I thought the problem was someone put on a youtube video of the cheats, and in the description linked to a download at rapidshare or megaupload or whatever the new popular file sharing platform is, which turned out to be a compiled exe that the (malware) author said was written in AHK.
The point is that he was able to share it here. The method doesn't actually matter

just me as you lack any evidence or argument I will just ignore your post. I also have no problems thinking up an attack that follows a similar pattern that would fit into the general scripts section.
Also you are missing the point. It wouldn't matter if someone downloaded it. Just it being linked of this site would flag us as a bad site by robots that visit it and test here.

What the attacker did is make it difficult to attain information and test anything regarding the program - so noone actually tested anything. If that happens again we need to take measures.
Whether we actually ban cheating has nothing to do with this.
Recommends AHK Studio
just me

18 Apr 2017, 05:40

nnnik wrote:The point is that he was able to share it here. The method doesn't actually matter.
Can you provide more information about "where"? I've only seen a youtube link in the topic quoted in the OP as yet.
nnnik

18 Apr 2017, 05:47

Oh I missed that. So we can't actually prove that anything happened or it is related to this site at all - let alone our Scripts and Functions for games section?
Recommends AHK Studio
Capn Odin

18 Apr 2017, 12:51

just me wrote:
Capn Odin wrote:I do not understand, I can post malicious code anywhere on the forum.
So just try it. It would be interesting to see who and how many would download and use an exe it if it isn't gaming related.
Malicious Code
Please excuse my spelling I am dyslexic.
evilC

18 Apr 2017, 13:41

To clarify:
To my knowledge, the code was not shared via this site - the user downloaded it via a link in a YouTube video.
My point is that there are a large number of CS:GO hack threads on the gaming forum, so a CS:GO hack which is ostensibly an AHK script is made all the more credible (That it is just a hack, and not malicious), as there appears to be a scene surrounding CS:GO hacking on these forums.
What people SHOULD see if they go to the gaming forums is a big fat warning stickied thread saying that you should not trust compiled scripts, ESPECIALLY those that purport to be hacks.
There should be absolutely zero reason why we permit scripts that alter the memory of CS:GO to provide what appears to be a wallhack.

By letting this go on, we are associating ourselves with this douche-baggery
A_AhkUser

18 Apr 2017, 17:50

nnnik wrote:(...)just blame cheating.
Sorry for making an additional turn of the screw but as for me, I did not blame cheating ; I just pointed out that this kind of cheating is always a manner to not playing (.i.e. it implies paradoxically the recognition of playing as it is). If I blame something is that it is often in those cases not made explicit as it is (a manner to not playing).

@ Capn Odin, that's why I'm very fine with your cheating examples for example. Your experience itself talks (against the reduction playing games==having fun implied by you words at first sight) when you say for example:
Capn Odin wrote:(...) feeling a little nostalgia I revisited the game (...)

It is clearly in this case an reasonable manner to not playing ("using" a game to emphasise you present as present - which one is simply the fact you can't play (the automation) the game like it was before (nostalgia)).

If one start from a (simplified) utilitarism everything is ok here, if one think on the contrary that playing is a condition of possibilty of culture and central dimension of existence we only can in most of case like Capn Odin condone cheating competitively and ask the question: why (s)he's cheating competitively instead of playing?

nnnik wrote:You guys are missing the issue

You're right... althought the end justifies the means.
Certainly, and like many others right here, ahk and coding in general aren't the main things I throw myself into and that's also why I'm far to able to read all scripts and understand them. Nonetheless, after all everybody can see in front of the page, earlier than a possible big fat warning, "scripting" alongside automation and hotkeys, I mean non-compiled scripts and a small amount of ahk knowledge (or desire of it) an interest should be the conditions sine qua non of sharing... (keeping to what fall under the scope of the forum - since it appears afterwards that the user downloaded the hack via a link in YouTube).
my scripts
Exaskryz

18 Apr 2017, 21:47

evilC wrote:To clarify:
To my knowledge, the code was not shared via this site - the user downloaded it via a link in a YouTube video.
My point is that there are a large number of CS:GO hack threads on the gaming forum, so a CS:GO hack which is ostensibly an AHK script is made all the more credible (That it is just a hack, and not malicious), as there appears to be a scene surrounding CS:GO hacking on these forums.
What people SHOULD see if they go to the gaming forums is a big fat warning stickied thread saying that you should not trust compiled scripts, ESPECIALLY those that purport to be hacks.
There should be absolutely zero reason why we permit scripts that alter the memory of CS:GO to provide what appears to be a wallhack.

By letting this go on, we are associating ourselves with this douche-baggery
Two remarks:

If we're worried about cheating giving a bad reputation to AHK, there should be concerted efforts to promote all the "appropriate" (for lack of a better word) uses and develop it's reputation that way. Yes, cheating is possible, but I imagine it is possible in a lot of other languages. When I think C++, I don't think cheats, because I know it is used for a lot more than that.

However, I do agree with the concept of a warning. Whether it is general (e.g. "while the availability of source code means it can be reviewed, it does not mean that it has been; any code you find should be reviewed by yourself and any questions you have regarding it should be asked in thread") or having it specific to gaming (e.g. "keep in mind that hack authors have the integrity (or lack thereof) to cheat the video game authors/developers/publishers, and they may have the integrity (or lack thereof) to cheat other players, including fellow cheaters.") Of course, the political correctness would have to be revised in the gaming-specific to be as neutral as possible and find the right words... or not, it could be fairly blunt and make assumptions about the type of people posting and visiting the forum for that purpose.
nnnik

19 Apr 2017, 01:27

evilC as we do have reasons to allow cheating your actual job is it to prove that removing cheating from this site stays without major consequences.
Recommends AHK Studio
just me

19 Apr 2017, 03:49

nnnik, I think the actual job of the site owners and the staff is to prove how AHK benifits from permitting cheating scripts.
Features
  • Automating repetitive tasks in online games (often in violation of said games' terms of service).
Source: AutoHotkey (Wikipedia)
Edit: Just noticed that the above has been changed on 2017-04-09 which is one day after I quoted.
jNizM

19 Apr 2017, 04:55

My opinion (in german):

Programme oder Automatisierungen, die einem Spieler bei jeglicher Art von Computerspiel(en) einen Vorteil (gegen dritte) verschaffen und/oder gegen Lizenzvereinbarung (AGB's) von Spieleherstellern verstoßen, egal ob Bots, Cheats, Hacks, Exploits oder sonstiges haben hier in diesem Forum nichts verloren und sollten auch nicht angeboten werden!

Feel free to translate this in proper english.
[AHK] v2.0.5 | [WIN] 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | [GitHub] Profile
evilC

19 Apr 2017, 05:48

nnnik wrote:evilC as we do have reasons to allow cheating your actual job is it to prove that removing cheating from this site stays without major consequences.
What reason do we have to allow wallhacks? I see no way that this hack can be used in a positive way.
guest3456

19 Apr 2017, 10:35

just me wrote:nnnik, I think the actual job of the site owners and the staff is to prove how AHK benifits from permitting cheating scripts.
Features
  • Automating repetitive tasks in online games (often in violation of said games' terms of service).
Edit: Just noticed that the above has been changed on 2017-04-09 which is one day after I quoted.
I changed it when I saw your post

nnnik

19 Apr 2017, 10:55

just me wrote:nnnik, I think the actual job of the site owners and the staff is to prove how AHK benifits from permitting cheating scripts.
Features
We get new members. Remember Seidenweber?

evilC it is hard to define good and bad ways of cheating and will make our work as Admins and Moderators much more difficult.
Recommends AHK Studio
evilC

19 Apr 2017, 11:46

I disagree.

Multiplayer game, unfair advantage = bad.
Singleplayer game = good (We don't care, nobody else affected).

A simple rule of thumb would apply:
Would you be ashamed to admit to cheating in this way to your grandma?
ie is it harmless? Are there victims? Does it enable someone to do something that everyone else can do anyway?

As I stated before, I am not asking for anything remotely shady to be banned, I am asking for the worst offenders, the most blatant hacks with zero reason to legitimately want them - I want THOSE banned.
nnnik

19 Apr 2017, 11:50

I don't want to learn which games are multi player games and which aren't. Also there are games where both is possible.
Recommends AHK Studio

Return to “About This Community”