Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

Discussion about the AutoHotkey Foundation and this website
User avatar
Exaskryz
Posts: 2815
Joined: 17 Oct 2015, 20:28

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

28 May 2017, 20:37

I forgot to mention that I like kon's wording about a competitive advantage over another human player, whether that is foe or ally.

And thanks for clarifying that kon, makes more sense to me (and it probably helps I just took a nap).
User avatar
sinkfaze
Posts: 413
Joined: 01 Oct 2013, 08:01

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 08:58

tank wrote:Clearly we have more than one MOD that does and at least one mod that does not.


So now this is a MOD issue? God forbid it should actually involve the people in the gaming sections, who by the way are probably providing the vast majority of traffic to the site.
User avatar
sinkfaze
Posts: 413
Joined: 01 Oct 2013, 08:01

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 09:08

Run1e wrote:This is not in any way, shape or form a cheat.


I wasn't pointing it out because it's a cheat in that context, I pointed it out because if it's so unimportant to your gameplay then it shouldn't be a problem for you to go in and adjust it manually to allow the game companies to spare you the awful indecency of others "cheating" with an AHK script.
User avatar
sinkfaze
Posts: 413
Joined: 01 Oct 2013, 08:01

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 09:10

tank wrote:but i promised not to be poly and make unilateral decisions.


And yet you allowed tidbit to do it, and underhandedly at that. Bravo. You may as well bring poly back.
User avatar
nnnik
Posts: 2509
Joined: 30 Sep 2013, 01:01
Location: Germany

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 09:11

Not if they block AHK in general. An action you are provoking with letting cheats reside on this site.
Recommends AHK Studio
User avatar
sinkfaze
Posts: 413
Joined: 01 Oct 2013, 08:01

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 09:17

nnnik wrote:Not if they block AHK in general. An action you are provoking with letting cheats reside on this site.


So when they move their scripting activity to another site we have a right to demand that those sites remove scripts there as well because they're "provoking with letting cheats reside on their site"?

Seems like for the good of all gaming you should be requesting that gaming companies prevent AHK scripts from running.
User avatar
nnnik
Posts: 2509
Joined: 30 Sep 2013, 01:01
Location: Germany

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 09:19

You seem to forget that we are the official site representing AHK.
Recommends AHK Studio
User avatar
sinkfaze
Posts: 413
Joined: 01 Oct 2013, 08:01

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 09:23

nnnik wrote:You seem to forget that we are the official site representing AHK.


That doesn't matter in terms of your argument. Scripts that "sully our reputation" will do so no matter where they are on the internet, so by your logic, we should have a right to tell anyone anywhere to remove their scripts because gaming companies might block us. Otherwise blocking them here is a meaningless gesture.

And companies who aren't enforcing the rules on "cheating" probably do so because of exactly that: it's a meaningless gesture.
User avatar
Exaskryz
Posts: 2815
Joined: 17 Oct 2015, 20:28

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 09:46

It is most likely that the scripts you'd find externally will be compiled into .exes anyhow, which distances their association with AHK. It's a hassle to tell someone "First, install autohotkey. Then copy and paste this into notepad. And then save it but with the .ahk extension, and make sure in the dialog you select 'All Files' instead of just 'Text Files (.txt)'," when all the other cheats out there already are in .exes. However, when you're here on the AHK forums and publishing a script, there is a reasonable assumption that this person already knows how to get their scripts running so the explanation isn't necessary.

My point being that someone downloading a random executable that was written in AHK probably won't know it's an AHK executable, minus the tray icon if it's unchanged. Those are the kinds of downloads you'd find on dedicated cheat sites.
User avatar
nnnik
Posts: 2509
Joined: 30 Sep 2013, 01:01
Location: Germany

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 09:50

Our behaviour and gestures will affect AutoHotkeys public image.
The people that will find our Scripts are the users, not the developers - even if the developers find it I doubt it makes a difference.
The users will try to get AutoHotkey banned. Whether the developers act on it depends on our public image - which is affected by our gestures.
Recommends AHK Studio
User avatar
nnnik
Posts: 2509
Joined: 30 Sep 2013, 01:01
Location: Germany

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 09:53

sinkfaze wrote:
tank wrote:but i promised not to be poly and make unilateral decisions.

And yet you allowed tidbit to do it, and underhandedly at that. Bravo. You may as well bring poly back.

Everybody could have stopped tidbit. You didn't do that either. So you are just as poly as tank is.
- going by your logic.
I disagree with that statement in general. I don't think tank did anything wrong there. You are just getting desperate in your argumentation which hints at a personaly motivation.
Recommends AHK Studio
User avatar
nnnik
Posts: 2509
Joined: 30 Sep 2013, 01:01
Location: Germany

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 10:06

sinkfaze wrote:
tank wrote:Clearly we have more than one MOD that does and at least one mod that does not.


So now this is a MOD issue? God forbid it should actually involve the people in the gaming sections, who by the way are probably providing the vast majority of traffic to the site.

I might be wrong here but towards me it seems that, the people in the gaming sections, fail to provide any sort of progress towards the language.
Recommends AHK Studio
User avatar
nnnik
Posts: 2509
Joined: 30 Sep 2013, 01:01
Location: Germany

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 10:13

Actually I take that back. That was not a very thoughtful statement.
Recommends AHK Studio
User avatar
sinkfaze
Posts: 413
Joined: 01 Oct 2013, 08:01

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 10:43

Exaskryz wrote:It is most likely that the scripts you'd find externally will be compiled into .exes anyhow, which distances their association with AHK. It's a hassle to tell someone "First, install autohotkey. Then copy and paste this into notepad. And then save it but with the .ahk extension, and make sure in the dialog you select 'All Files' instead of just 'Text Files (.txt)'," when all the other cheats out there already are in .exes.


The poker boom managed to get by just fine telling people how to install AHK, so I find your assertion that they will "most likely" be compiled to be uncompelling.
User avatar
sinkfaze
Posts: 413
Joined: 01 Oct 2013, 08:01

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 10:48

nnnik wrote:Our behaviour and gestures will affect AutoHotkeys public image.


And yet somehow it didn't occur to you that deleting exceptionally well done programming by an AutoHotkey user will affect AutoHotkey's public image?
User avatar
RUNIE
Posts: 273
Joined: 03 May 2014, 14:50
GitHub: Run1e

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 10:53

sinkfaze wrote:exceptionally well done programming

You wouldn't say that if you actually looked at the code. It was pretty horrible.
User avatar
tank
Posts: 2228
Joined: 28 Sep 2013, 22:15
Facebook: charlie.simmons.7334
Google: ttnnkkrr
GitHub: ttnnkkrr
Location: Louisville KY
Contact:

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 11:03

nnnik wrote:You seem to forget that we are the official site representing AHK.

Not a gaming company, not your friends, JUST AHK.
sinkfaze wrote:That doesn't matter in terms of your argument.

Actually its entirely the argument. we are discussing what is promoted/supported/tolerated on our community.
sinkfaze wrote:Otherwise blocking them here is a meaningless gesture.

Again, this is about OUR Ethics not anyone elses.
sinkfaze wrote:because gaming companies might block us

SO TOTALLY NOT THE POINT. We have no say in that at any rate.
sinkfaze wrote:So when they move their scripting activity to another site we have a right to demand that those sites remove scripts there as well because they're "provoking with letting cheats reside on their site"?
Well actually, within the bounds of the GPL we do. Within our reputation certainly. of course such action carries the implied thread of costly legal action. Neither Chris nor I had/have any intent of tracking down and making legal issues of misuses on other domains.

sinkfaze wrote:And yet you allowed tidbit to do it, and underhandedly at that. Bravo. You may as well bring poly back.
Allowed? Not that he needed my permission but it might be more accurate to say i encouraged it.
nnnik wrote: You are just getting desperate in your argumentation which hints at a personaly motivation.
well...
sinkfaze wrote:So now this is a MOD issue?
Not what i was saying at all. but since you brought it up,.. Yes this is a MOD issue of how we run/represent OUR community
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
https://www.facebook.com/ahkscript.org
If you have forum suggestions please submit a pull request
User avatar
sinkfaze
Posts: 413
Joined: 01 Oct 2013, 08:01

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 11:03

nnnik wrote:Everybody could have stopped tidbit. You didn't do that either. So you are just as poly as tank is.
- going by your logic.


Except for that whole having a day job and not having time to visit the forums thing. But yeah, thanks for that blindingly ignorant statement.

nnnik wrote:You are just getting desperate in your argumentation which hints at a personal motivation.


And what personal motivation would that be? tank and I have been on good terms for a long time, we have worked together on projects both on and off these forums. I am a passionate defender of AHK and these forums, I wouldn't be giving tank or anyone else a hard time unless I felt that the original spirit of the forums was being violated without a good reason for doing so. And I'm still not seeing any good reasons, they're the same reasons that come up every couple of years and there is hardly, if ever, any proof that gives these reasons any validity.

We're here to promote good AHK programming, we're here to help people get started using AHK, and we're here to help them build on their knowledge so that they can make a contribution (to themselves, to the forums, or even to how AHK is shaped in the future). You shut doors, you shut down AHK.
User avatar
sinkfaze
Posts: 413
Joined: 01 Oct 2013, 08:01

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 11:06

Run1e wrote:
sinkfaze wrote:exceptionally well done programming

You wouldn't say that if you actually looked at the code. It was pretty horrible.


nnnik said it was a hack of exceptional quality even in the history of AutoHotkey. I'll take his word over yours.
User avatar
Exaskryz
Posts: 2815
Joined: 17 Oct 2015, 20:28

Re: Bhop scripts, no-recoil etc

30 May 2017, 11:09

sinkfaze wrote:
Exaskryz wrote:It is most likely that the scripts you'd find externally will be compiled into .exes anyhow, which distances their association with AHK. It's a hassle to tell someone "First, install autohotkey. Then copy and paste this into notepad. And then save it but with the .ahk extension, and make sure in the dialog you select 'All Files' instead of just 'Text Files (.txt)'," when all the other cheats out there already are in .exes.


The poker boom managed to get by just fine telling people how to install AHK, so I find your assertion that they will "most likely" be compiled to be uncompelling.


Actually browsing a hacking forum it looks like people are posting the source code there and giving the instruction to install AHK and how to make their first script. I was wrong.

Browsing more, it appears .ahk/source is popular because a .exe is more likely to result in a ban. I wonder how it is with different kinds of cheat protection if hackers would still favor .exe over .ahk.

Return to “About This Community”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests