The AutoHotkey Foundation LLC

Discussion about the AutoHotkey Foundation and this website
joedf

The AutoHotkey Foundation LLC

26 May 2014, 12:19

The following documents are about this foundation.
Honest opinions and comments are greatly appreciated.

Web Format : http://ahkscript.org/foundation
PDF Format : http://ahkscript.org/foundation/The_Aut ... dation.pdf

Don't be shy, input is practically obligatory. :)
Cheers
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
jigga

Re: The AutoHotkey Foundation LLC

26 May 2014, 12:27

"We should be financially liable for any misdeed."

Is this supposed to say 'not liable'?
joedf

26 May 2014, 12:34

@jigga yes, sorry. i was still in the process of uploading a newer version of it. :P
Go check it out now, Thanks :)
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
jigga

26 May 2014, 12:37

Too late, my team of lawyers is suing the pants off you as we speak!!!1 ;)
joedf

26 May 2014, 13:06

"Our History" is now a separate document.

26 May 2014, 14:48

You may wish to mark both pages as a "draft" just to be sure - and someone with a legal background should probably have a look just to be sure there are no pitfalls.
joedf

26 May 2014, 15:54

Thanks for the advice, all marked as "DRAFT".
Now, we need someone to revise it...
Drugwash

29 May 2014, 21:42

The statements in the document suit me well. Although I have no income at all, I always did and will always do offer my AHK scripts for free.
Hopefully everything will work out for the best here.

P.S. I'd appreciate if anyone would help me contact Chris by e-mail. Thank you.
Part of my AHK work can be found here.
joedf

29 May 2014, 22:13

Hey Drugwash, Glad to see you here ;)
Great scripts too!
AHK foundation doc wrote:Please note contributions are not only monetary. You may also contribute by developing code...
To contact Chris, I would suggest sending a PM to tank or even the man himself, but I don't know if Chris checks his PMs regularly, but I know tank is usually there (every 1-3 days).

for convienience:
PM tank: http://ahkscript.org/boards/ucp.php?i=p ... mpose&u=48
PM Chris: http://ahkscript.org/boards/ucp.php?i=p ... ompose&u=2

Really, thanks a lot for taking the time to read this document.
Your input on this is greatly appreciated.

Regards
smorgasbord

31 May 2014, 10:55

smorgasbord wrote:DRAFTAutoHotkey

PDF format.

The AutoHotkey Foundation

The Name
The name AutoHotkey Foundation LLC comes directly from the name of the software AutoHotkey. It is a non-profit LLC (Limited Liability Company).

Here is the Certificate of Organization.

Our Purpose
The AutoHotkey Foundation LLC WAS founded on April 24 th 2014 in Indiana, USA. It was created in order to prevent monetization, ensure the continuing existence of the software AutoHotkey and IMPROVE IT. This foundation provides organizational, legal, and financial support TO AutoHotKey. It is a volunteer organization created by the community, for THE community.

Who manages it?
The foundation's managers are Charlie Simmons and Steve Gray AND THEIR WORKS ARE BEING OVERSEEN BY Chris Mallett (the creator of the software AutoHotkey).

Our Mission
The tenets of this project HAVE (edited HAS) NOT CHANGED AND SHALL REMAIN AS SUCH. We have CONTINUED and will continue to filter obvious wrongdoingS. That said, we ARE NOT TO be HELD responsible for ANY misuse. We SHALL not be financially liable for any misdeed. An LLC also serves to separate person from entity. Consider the following example: violating a license is not a criminal OFFENCE? but there could be legal REPERCUSSIONS if we appeared to HAVE supportED it. AS SUCH, the AutoHotkey Foundation LLC is not TO BE HELD responsible for any misuse of this product.

Many users were unhappy with the forum software changes FORUM(DELETE) and site administration policies and when these opinions were voiced, entire threads were deleted as well as moderators were stripped of their privileges, FINALLY TANK TOOK THE REINS AND MADE (ahkscript.org) and GOT Chris' APPROVAL LATER. Here is a quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------just trying-------
Last edited by smorgasbord on 31 May 2014, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
John ... you working ?
smorgasbord

31 May 2014, 10:56

might edit it further..
John ... you working ?
joedf

31 May 2014, 13:10

@smorgasbord Hey, thanks a lot! :D I see that I missed a few words here and there... (I guess my dyslexia is showing) :P
Now we have better wording :D Some things, I wasn't sure, but the rest was cool!
Thanks again :)

Cheers
vasili111

31 May 2014, 22:26

I think there should be more history info from "The beginning: AutoHotkey actually started in 2003." to "Mid-2009".
DRAKON-AutoHotkey: Visual programming for AutoHotkey.
joedf

01 Jun 2014, 01:26

Sure! Would you mind Elaborating some of your ideas?
Thanks ;)
Sidola

02 Jul 2014, 15:20

Not sure if this is he right thread, but there's a small typo on the History Page.
Mid-2012: polyethene decided to restore old 2009 version of AutoHotkey (v1.0.48.05) as the official version for still not understood reasons, removing all references to AHK_L in the main autohotkey.com site and performing questionable moderator actions. Immediate backslash ensued, and eventually a petition to finally make AutoHotkey_L the official version was made.
That should be backlash, right?
joedf

02 Jul 2014, 16:08

This is the right thread. ;)
Thanks a lot, this has been fixed.
Ezriilc

07 Oct 2014, 18:22

Greetings, all you AHK junkies! This is my very first post here.

Recently, I had a C: drive failure that led me to reinstall everything, including AHK. Upon looking for the latest download, I learned the long and rather sad history of it, and how the community was abandoned by he-who-shall-not-be-named. I'm sad that the .com domain is still getting better rank from Google than this one.

I'm a huge fan of AHK, and I can honestly say that it helped to change the direction of my IT career - more towards software development. Being an old-school, dirty hippie, I love open source projects and the communities that grow around them. That plus my love for AHK in general has - poetically I think - dropped me so neatly at your feet.

I am both relieved and inspired that the Foundation has risen from the ugly wreckage. The maturity, compassion and unending enthusiasm of this community is impressive, and though I probably should lurk more, I think I already love all of you. :superhappy:

PLEASE, if there is ever anything I can do for the Foundation, this community or anyone in it, let me know. Regardless, I plan to do all I can for AutoHotkey.

Thank you, Tank, Chris, and all those responsible for the rescue. I'm forever in your debt. I hope you never forget what it means to so many.

[scrambles to organize and publish all of his useless .AHK scripts]
I support: AutoHotkey | PCs & Mobile | Networking, Inet/Web & Software Development | Games | Life, The Universe & Everything.

Behold the awesome that is my more-beard! :morebeard: <-- That's me!
joedf

07 Oct 2014, 18:34

I am very glad to hear that. I welcome you to the new AutoHotkey domain.
Welcome to ahkscript.org, Ezriilc! :D
ztoddw

31 Jan 2015, 22:01

Why keep two forums open? (here and back at autohotkey.com)

Return to “About This Community”