{Split topic} On continuing support for AutoHotkey 1.0

Discussion about the AutoHotkey Foundation and this website
Coco

Re: {Split topic} On continuing support for AutoHotkey 1.0

01 Jul 2014, 11:42

From a marketing/branding standpoint, the best non-programmer reason is: AHK v1.1 is actively developed. Most people (programmer or not) will lean towards something that offers a level of insurance/security/support and also a sense of 'newness'. E.g.: "I'll buy this camera, it has more megapixels", "I'll buy this phone, it has a newer version of Android/iOS or it has 2.5 GHz compared to 2.2 GHz"
tank

01 Jul 2014, 11:58

exactly Coco. I wouldnt ever mention the juicy bits unless its someone that clearly wants to know and i would first hit the generic stuff
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
guest3456

01 Jul 2014, 21:51

Coco wrote:From a marketing/branding standpoint, the best non-programmer reason is: AHK v1.1 is actively developed. Most people (programmer or not) will lean towards something that offers a level of insurance/security/support and also a sense of 'newness'. E.g.: "I'll buy this camera, it has more megapixels", "I'll buy this phone, it has a newer version of Android/iOS or it has 2.5 GHz compared to 2.2 GHz"
Of course. But this isn't even in question.

The problem is that most new users will not even make the choice. The choice is made for them with the download links at the other, more prominent domain.

Return to “About This Community”