Who's who?

Discussion about the AutoHotkey Foundation and this website
metacognition

Who's who?

22 Oct 2014, 06:54

I'm 28, been writing ahk since 2006. Have over 5,000 lines of active code running at my company in two states, first post on this forum.

I was just posting on the autohotkey.com forum and somehow found my way over here, thank goodness! Apparently I've completely been oblivious to the politics and control of AHK over the last few years although a couple times I noticed things were hinky. I'm not an idiot but I can't believe I haven't been following along.

So I've read your history page and that spells it out pretty clearly. My question is who is now in control of autohotkey.com? Is ahkscripts.org still "the place to be"?

Also out of curiosity where's polythene now? I've read dozens of his posts.

Anyway this sounds like important stuff ahk writers should be in tune with so enlighten me a bit if you have time.

Thanks

MetaCog
hoppfrosch

Re: Who's who?

22 Oct 2014, 08:04

Nobody really knows where Polyethene has gone - he simply abandoned autohotkey.com without handing over the domain.

So let's say it other way round: autohotkey.com is for sure "not the place to be" - unless there is still considerable activity there ...
But since all new autohotkey versions are discussed and announced on ahkscript.org and most of the capable users/developers moved over here, this is the "place to be".
metacognition

22 Oct 2014, 08:39

I'll unpack my bags here then. Thanks :)
joedf

22 Oct 2014, 11:38

@metacognition Was the history page thorough enough? Maybe something could be added? Or was it clear enough?
Regards
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
metacognition

22 Oct 2014, 11:51

The reason for my confusion was that I clicked on "More Info" without reading the actual paragraph above it.... my fault.

"AHKScript.org is a new community consisting of the active AutoHotkey developer(s) as well as other enthusiasts. Unfortunately, the old autohotkey.com domain is not under the control of the developers and it continues to promote an outdated version of the software. New users are encouraged to migrate and participate at this new site. (More info)"

I skipped right to "More Info".... had I actually read the above paragraph I would be in the know. All the information is perfectly clear, nothing need be changed. Thanks!
joedf

22 Oct 2014, 11:54

Hmm thanks. Maybe I could that passage to the history document also, just in case. Thanks do sharing. :)
We're just looking for a reliable way to redirect the new/old users here.
Thanks again, cheers!
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Return to “About This Community”