improvement of documentation: wheelright

Discussion about the AutoHotkey Foundation and this website
amunoto

improvement of documentation: wheelright

06 Aug 2015, 16:50

Hello

Thanks for all your work - AHK is great but without documentation it would be unusable!

Now, I invested 1-2 h into a script to scroll right / left in Excel with something like ctrl-wheelright (...).
I tried all snippets I could find in the documentation, like on the site for "click", but also others, but none worked.
Finally, with google, I found sites telling me that Excel just behaves weird. I tried some code in chrome - and it worked!

Proposal: Add a note to all sites mentioning wheelright mentioning the incompability with Excel.

Including the keyword "Excel" in my search I finally found a code snippet that also works in Excel:
http://superuser.com/questions/13763/ho ... in-windows

Kind regards
Amunoto
nnnik

Re: improvement of documentation: wheelright

30 Aug 2015, 07:26

Hey

I don't think that we can add a list of all programs that behave weirdly in some way regarding inputs.
Recommends AHK Studio
Alibaba

Re: improvement of documentation: wheelright

30 Aug 2015, 07:38

I agree with nnnik. In my opinion, the documentation isn't really meant to mention all eventualities it just has to describe the core functionality of the features. If anyone encounters specific problems with Excel, he will probably find an answer (for example this thread), just by using google.
"Nothing is quieter than a loaded gun." - Heinrich Heine

Return to “About This Community”