Direct links file storage

Discuss other useful utilities, general computing tips & tricks, Internet resources, etc.
DataLife

Direct links file storage

05 Aug 2018, 22:58

I have searched and can not find a suitable free (or inexpensive) online file hosting service that provides direct links.
I used to use Dropbox then they started blocking my links because of false positives.
So I started using Google Drive. Now they started the same thing.
I submit false positive reports but these antivirus companies are not responding to my false positive reports. Baidu, Cylance, Endgame, Jiangmin
So, getting a clean report from VirusTotal is impossible.

Requirements for online storage...
Free or less the $60 a year.
Direct links
no time limit for hosting (some delete for non activity and a specific amount of time)

thanks
DataLife
Check out my scripts. (MyIpChanger) (XPSnap) (SavePictureAs)
All my scripts are tested on Windows 10, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.
burque505

Re: Direct links file storage

06 Aug 2018, 14:15

@DataLife, I've been pretty happy with SugarSync for some time. They give a 30 day free trial, so maybe it would be worth a try. I'm only paying $60 a year now, but I think I'm grandfathered in. It might be more now, I haven't checked.
Regards,
burque505
DataLife

07 Aug 2018, 07:43

burque505 wrote:@DataLife, I've been pretty happy with SugarSync for some time. They give a 30 day free trial, so maybe it would be worth a try. I'm only paying $60 a year now, but I think I'm grandfathered in. It might be more now, I haven't checked.
Regards,
burque505

I was able to get a direct link for OneDrive and so far all is good.

Sugar Sync is $7.49 a month.

thanks
DataLife
All my scripts are tested on Windows 10, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.
nnnik

07 Aug 2018, 07:56

I think hosting your projects should be done on GitHub.
It's free and additionally gives you version control.
While direct link storages don't really care for single developers GitHub and similar services will try to defend against false positives - at least I would think that way.
Recommends AHK Studio
burque505

07 Aug 2018, 08:37

@DataLife, glad you had good luck with OneDrive. I had really not even considered it, and have no good reason for not doing so, since it's free.
DataLife

08 Aug 2018, 18:51

nnnik wrote:I think hosting your projects should be done on GitHub.
It's free and additionally gives you version control.
While direct link storages don't really care for single developers GitHub and similar services will try to defend against false positives - at least I would think that way.

Does github allow non-freeware programs to be hosted?
I wrote a program that requires a paid registration.
At the moment it does not generate enough money to pay very much for online storage.

Datalife

11 Aug 2018, 03:18

Afaik it has to be opensource on GH, there is no reason you can't sell your own opensource program so that is an option.

Apart from cheap website hosting (dream host, blue host, weebly?) perhaps something like mediafire which allows direct links if you used the paid service - 3.75US$ a month at the moment.
DataLife

12 Aug 2018, 01:19

Guest wrote:Afaik it has to be opensource on GH, there is no reason you can't sell your own opensource program so that is an option.

Apart from cheap website hosting (dream host, blue host, weebly?) perhaps something like mediafire which allows direct links if you used the paid service - 3.75US$ a month at the moment.

Mediafire does appear to be exactly what I need for $3.75 a month. If I have any issues with OneDrive I probably will go with Mediafire.

thanks
Robert

Return to “Other Utilities & Resources”