SerialSend [CMD]

Discuss other useful utilities, general computing tips & tricks, Internet resources, etc.
BoBo

SerialSend [CMD]

11 Jul 2017, 03:07

Kindly recommended by [metacognition] & [SifJar]

To be used with Arduino, Raspberry pi & friends :thumbup:
SerialSend is a little command line application I created to send text strings via a serial port. I mainly use it to send information to microcontroller circuits via a USB-to-serial converter, so it’s designed to work well in that context.

SerialSend lets you ..
  • Send an arbitrary text string to a device via serial port using one simple command.
    Send text from simple console applications to hardware devices via serial port using the “system” function.
    Specify baud rate.
    Specify serial port number.
    Automatically find and use the highest available serial port number (very useful for USB-to-serial converters).
The reason I included the last feature in the above list is that Windows seems to assign different serial port numbers to the same USB-to-serial converter on different occasions, especially when different USB sockets are used. In my experience, the assigned port number is usually a high number (e.g. my USB-to-serial adapter is currently appearing as COM22), so by automatically finding and using the highest available serial port, SerialSend makes it easy to send text via a USB adapter without needing to check the precise port number that has been assigned to it.

[More..]
8-)
jNizM

Re: SerialSend [CMD]

11 Jul 2017, 03:09

[AHK] v2.0.5 | [WIN] 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | [GitHub] Profile

Return to “Other Utilities & Resources”