[Outlook] QuickModules (AddIn or VBA) to sort emails or jump quickly to multiple folders [UP 16.06]

Discuss other useful utilities, general computing tips & tricks, Internet resources, etc.
DigiDon

[Outlook] QuickModules (AddIn or VBA) to sort emails or jump quickly to multiple folders [UP 16.06]

10 Jun 2018, 07:44

Hello all ;) ,

UPDATE 16/06: QuickModules is available both as an Outlook Add-In (with installer, recommended) or as an Outlook VBA project

This is one of my side-projects that really helped me sorting my emails with Outlook when I was managing projects and had many emails coming on various topic.

I had many project folders with issues to follow and emails rules didn't make it.
I found drag & drop system to be very poor for sorting emails quickly among various folders.

...to my surprise I did not find any existing tool easing this process, so I've built one.

This tool is able to send selected emails or jump to a specific folder just by typing part of the folder name or paths.
It shows you a dynamic list of potential matches and you just double-click - or select using arrow keys and hit enter - to move to the desired folder.

I've decided to share it freely along with documentation, but if you like it please do consider a small donation :) .
:!: DOWNLOAD PAGE :!:

I've made a quick video on it:
ADD-IN DEMO

VBA DEMO

I hope you will like it.
Please post any feedback: it is always pleasant to have some answers :P

UPDATES:
15.06 QuickModules was totally rewritten (C#) to be available as a proper Outlook Addin (with installer) in addition to the VBA project
15.06 QuickModules VBA correction: now lists subfolders of the inbox has well
11.06 QuickModulesStart.bas was included
Last edited by DigiDon on 30 Jul 2018, 15:03, edited 9 times in total.
EverFastAccess : Take Notes on anything the Fast way: Attach notes, Set reminders & Speed up research in 1 gesture - AHK topic
AHK Dynamic Obfuscator L - Protect your AHK code by Obfuscation - AHK topic
QuickModules for Outlook : Sort Outlook emails very quickly to multiple folders - AHK topic
Coding takes lots of time and efforts. If I have helped you or if you enjoy one of my free projects, please consider a small donation :thumbup:
Sorry I am working hard at the moment at a new job and can't commit on delays of answers & updates
ozzii

Re: [Outlook] QuickModules to sort emails very quickly to multiple folders

11 Jun 2018, 02:46

Thanks.
This option really missed.
With my 200-300 folders, this will be very handy.

One thing :
in the documentation you talk about 'QuickModulesStart.bas'
But I can't find it in the zip file... :oops:
DigiDon

Re: [Outlook] QuickModules to sort emails very quickly to multiple folders

11 Jun 2018, 03:52

Thanks ozzii, I hope it will work great for you too ;)

Oups, my bad, hopefully you mentioned it :roll:
Corrected
EverFastAccess : Take Notes on anything the Fast way: Attach notes, Set reminders & Speed up research in 1 gesture - AHK topic
QuickModules for Outlook : Sort Outlook emails very quickly to multiple folders - AHK topic
Coding takes lots of time and efforts. If I have helped you or if you enjoy one of my free projects, please consider a small donation :thumbup:
Sorry I am working hard at the moment at a new job and can't commit on delays of answers & updates
DigiDon

Re: [Outlook] QuickModules to sort emails very quickly to multiple folders [UP 15.06]

16 Jun 2018, 07:57

UPDATES:
15.06 QuickModules was totally rewritten (C#) to be available as a proper Outlook Addin (with simple installer) as alternative to the VBA project :P
15.06 QuickModules VBA correction: now lists subfolders of the inbox has well
Last edited by DigiDon on 18 Jun 2018, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
ozzii

Re: [Outlook] QuickModules (AddIn or VBA) to sort emails or jump quickly to multiple folders [UP 16.06]

18 Jun 2018, 02:20

@DigiDon
What's the difference between the two download?
Do I need both?
DigiDon

Re: [Outlook] QuickModules (AddIn or VBA) to sort emails or jump quickly to multiple folders [UP 16.06]

18 Jun 2018, 03:43

Hi ozzi.

No, the Add-In is a total rewrite of the vba module. They are separate technologies.

The VBA needs a quite complicated install but then source code can be easily modified.
The Add-In has a simple installer and directly integrates with Outlook and cannot be modified easily. One disadvantages however is that it seems it is not possible to have a keyboard shortcut to it.

I would recommend using the Add-In if it works well for you, mainly because I rewrote it and it indexes the list of folder for faster display.
The VBA lods the folder list everytime it is started.

In your case (200 folders) I guess the VBA might therefore be slower.
cbo1974

25 Jul 2018, 02:56

Hi DigiDon

First of all, I would like to thank for your Add-In. It is very helpfull ... I look for something like that since a very long time ...
I have a little problem with the Add-in.

After having closed my outlook session ( Outlook 2013 ), it seems that the add-in will not restart automatically after .. and I cannot restart manually ..

Could you help me ?

Thanks in advance.

and Congrats for your job !

Kind regards.
DigiDon

25 Jul 2018, 09:54

Hi cbo1974,

Thanks for your positive feedback. I also found it unbelievable that this functionality was neither offered nor found anywhere!
It should have been there many years ago but I'm glad I've made it available at last.

Regarding your issue, I have not experienced it with Outlook 2016 nor had feedback on this issue yet.

I'm not an expert in add-ins but some questions:
-Are the addin buttons still visible ?
-Was the addin automatically disabled by Outlook?
https://help.yesware.com/hc/en-us/artic ... 3-and-2010
-Have you tried to kill/restart outlook process completely? / Reboot computer? Still happening on first close?

Worst case you could switch to vba project in the meantime you/I/someone find the cause and solution.
Cheers

Return to “Other Utilities & Resources”