[closed][POLL] Commissions sub-forum

Community news and information about new or upcoming versions of AutoHotkey

Commission Sub-forum

Poll ended at 12 Sep 2017, 23:32

Yes, I want there to be a commission sub-forum!
45%
No, I don't want there to be a commission sub-forum!
55%

Total votes: 55
tank

Re: [POLL] Commissions sub-forum

14 Aug 2017, 19:36

The bottom line is if someone offers to pay for something and does not it has nothing to do with us
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
joedf

14 Aug 2017, 19:37

Before anymore misunderstandings get any worse, and as tank mentioned we are not getting any funds, credits or money from this. We are simply and only offering a place/subforum for users to discuss.

I do, however, get Masonjar13's intention. What I do have in mind is maybe have idk official tshirts or mugs or what not where 100% net profit goes to the foundation.
Even I would buy something like this. On another note, maybe spend some money to sponsor an ahk hackathon. But this is another matter (ahk promotion and donations) for another time.
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
kczx3

14 Aug 2017, 19:46

joedf wrote:Before anymore misunderstandings get any worse, and as tank mentioned we are not getting any funds, credits or money from this. We are simply and only offering a place/subforum for users to discuss.

I do, however, get Masonjar13's intention. What I do have in mind is maybe have idk official tshirts or mugs or what not where 100% net profit goes to the foundation.
Even I would buy something like this. On another note, maybe spend some money to sponsor an ahk hackathon. But this is another matter (ahk promotion and donations) for another time.
+1
obeeb

14 Aug 2017, 19:48

Masonjar13 wrote: I thought you didn't care?
I don't care whether it will exist or not, I do care about this forum. I barely participated in it but I use Autohotkey and lurk here for many years. You don't know me but I do feel like I know most of you.
Masonjar13 wrote: Ultimately, it is up to the involved parties to ensure the deal is upheld. There are many escrow services publicly available. Perhaps I'll do some research and sticky one (or multiple) that would be appropriate to use.
tank wrote: Of course we cannot get involved. Part of the rules has to state that any transactions are between the two parties involved solely and that autohotkey Foundation is not part of the deal. We will not arbitrate negotiate or in any other way get involved in any official capacity with the business dealings between two parties arranging pay for for work
Sure, I wasn't talking about having anything to do with the actual transactions, just that a lot more moderation may be required(trusted users, resolving conflicts between users, banning users...).
tank wrote: The bottom line is if someone offers to pay for something and does not it has nothing to do with us
I hope that everybody who will use it will also see it this way.
Masonjar13

14 Aug 2017, 20:19

joedf wrote:What I do have in mind is maybe have idk official tshirts or mugs or what not where 100% net profit goes to the foundation.
YES. I would LOVE to have AHK branded stuff! I have a few people who will most likely be able to make some awesome designs for some of these things. If you want to set up an AHK store, I'll help with anything you need, just let me know. :thumbup:

@obeeb, do note that we will be sure to cover all bases before it's posted. And as always, constructive community feedback is welcome. :) Also, having an "I don't care" option in the poll would have the exact same effect as to simply abstain, so there's not much point in it.
My Personal Function Library | Old Build - New Build
geek

14 Aug 2017, 20:39

I'd love some AHK Merch, though it's not strictly on topic in this thread.

Example of merch:
Spoiler
Edit: to be a bit more on topic, here are freenode's policies on the matter

freenode and financial transactions

We appreciate that end users may sometimes wish to reward a project or a project contributor after having had a positive support experience in a project channel and it is great when this results in a donation to the project in question or perhaps a micropayment to the contributor concerned or the purchase of an item from the contributor's wish list.

Nevertheless, we would urge our users to carry out their own due diligence before entering into financial transactions of any kind and stress that any financial transactions entered into on the freenode network must be undertaken entirely at the user's risk and freenode accepts no liability for any losses incurred as the result of such transactions.
joedf

14 Aug 2017, 22:33

+1 GeekDude also, dat lego tile tho ... ahahah :lol:

Also yes, AHK merch waaayyy offtopic now. ;)
Made a topic, please post there.
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Joe Glines

15 Aug 2017, 05:47

I love the idea of this both from the side that would like to have an easy way to make some money as well as be able to pay experts to help me with things beyond my knowledge! :bravo:
Sign-up for the 🅰️HK Newsletter

ImageImageImageImage:clap:
AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
Training: AHK Webinars Courses on AutoHotkey :ugeek:
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
Delta Pythagorean

15 Aug 2017, 07:03

I feel this to be useful for users that either need huge help or are just to lazy. (I'm guilty of this)
But I feel that there needs to be some sort of boundaries for what the code would be for. My main question would be, "Why people can't just make the code themselves?"

[AHK]......: v2.0.12 | 64-bit
[OS].......: Windows 11 | 23H2 (OS Build: 22621.3296)
[GITHUB]...: github.com/DelPyth
[PAYPAL]...: paypal.me/DelPyth
[DISCORD]..: tophatcat

JnLlnd

15 Aug 2017, 08:51

This thread is quite an old thread... Was there a conclusion on this? Votes seems to be generally in favor of it. I'm in favor too.
:thumbup: Author of freeware Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
:P Now working on Quick Clipboard Editor
:ugeek: The Automator's Courses on AutoHotkey
kczx3

15 Aug 2017, 08:57

JnLlnd wrote:This thread is quite an old thread... Was there a conclusion on this? Votes seems to be generally in favor of it. I'm in favor too.
It was opened yesterday...
JnLlnd

15 Aug 2017, 09:02

kczx3 wrote:It was opened yesterday...
:-) Oops! It is not the first time I'm fooled by the "Join" date in the left column, reading too fast and thinking it is the post date. My bad...
:thumbup: Author of freeware Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
:P Now working on Quick Clipboard Editor
:ugeek: The Automator's Courses on AutoHotkey
joedf

15 Aug 2017, 09:35

But, yes this is an old issue that was bundle with others... :b
tank

15 Aug 2017, 12:34

Masonjar13 wrote:YES. I would LOVE to have AHK branded stuff!
GeekDude wrote:I'd love some AHK Merch,
According to my agreement with Chris this would be a whole new site. Possibly a candidate for ahkscript.com which we own as a domain. this would be a business endeavor with vendors and fulfillment processing. Someone would need to manage(for hire) the fulfillment and customer service related to it. I am not opposed to building out the necessary E-commerce solution but it needs to be a separate endeavor owned by the Foundation.there would be taxes to file and other book keeping requirements. If this is to be a serious conversation we need to split this topic
Check Out WebWriter
tank

15 Aug 2017, 13:04

GeekDude wrote:freenode and financial transactions
Exactly
Check Out WebWriter
joedf

15 Aug 2017, 13:10

Again topic on merch: https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic ... 86#p164986
I would willing to manage AHK promotions and merchandise but would like to work together some partner experienced in filing taxes and what not.
I've been looking into things like BonFire or Fundly, they handle all of it more or less (as in product and shipment). They offer things like mousepads, tshirts, mugs, stickers, etc.
We would need some kind of account and every so often transfer funds to the foundation. Idk, just ideas for now... :/
RickC

15 Aug 2017, 15:29

Umm... I thought the thread (poll?) was about whether. It now seems to have to changed to a discussion about the mechanics of how to monetarize.

As such, I would like to change my previous vote in the poll.
geek

15 Aug 2017, 15:46

RickC wrote:Umm... I thought the thread (poll?) was about whether. It now seems to have to changed to a discussion about the mechanics of how to monetarize.

This thread wasn't ever meant to be about monetization, we've split that off to here: https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic ... 17&t=35866

This thread is meant to be about whether we should have a subforum for users to solicit paid help.
RickC

15 Aug 2017, 17:05

GeekDude wrote:
RickC wrote:Umm... I thought the thread (poll?) was about whether. It now seems to have to changed to a discussion about the mechanics of how to monetarize.

This thread wasn't ever meant to be about monetization, we've split that off to here: https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic ... 17&t=35866

This thread is meant to be about whether we should have a subforum for users to solicit paid help.
Ummm... on whose behalf are you replying? The OP? Confused... Perhaps you could explain your reply.
Masonjar13

15 Aug 2017, 17:20

RickC wrote:Ummm... on whose behalf are you replying? The OP? Confused... Perhaps you could explain your reply.
This thread is about having a commissions sub-forum, not about AHK merch or AHK making any income. It deviated slightly, but, to everyone, please do not reply here with anything else regarding that. As mentioned, there is a new thread for that where it may be discussed.

Please stay on-topic for the rest of the poll duration, thank you. :)
My Personal Function Library | Old Build - New Build

Return to “Announcements”