v1.1.27 - It must be Christmas

Community news and information about new or upcoming versions of AutoHotkey
lexikos

v1.1.27 - It must be Christmas

24 Dec 2017, 19:38

v1.1.27.00

Changes:

Replaced AU3_Spy.exe with WindowSpy.ahk.
  • AU3_Spy.exe is still launched if WindowSpy.ahk is not found.
  • It now follows the focused control by default, and has a checkbox for both window and control to follow the mouse.
  • It no longer takes over a global hotkey (Win+A). Instead, hold Ctrl or Shift to suspend updates (release them after focusing Window Spy).
  • It is now possible to Alt-Tab to Window Spy on Windows 10 without the contents of the GUI changing.
Changed a-z to mean vk41-vk5A when absent from the keyboard layout, except with Raw mode or when sending single unmodified characters. This allows hotkeys and sent keyboard shortcuts to work more intuitively on certain non-English keyboard layouts.

Changed Send on ANSI versions to use SendInput() in place of Alt+nnnnn for special characters.

Changed the rules for masking Alt/Win after pressing a hook hotkey:
  • Explicitly sent Alt/Win up may be masked. This fixes remappings such as AppsKey::RWin, but hotkeys which are intended to activate the Start Menu may require new workarounds.
  • If Alt/Win is logically but not physically down, only hotkeys which require Alt/Win (such as #a::, not *a::) cause masking. This is to allow a remapping or wildcard hotkey to send the key-up without it being masked.
  • Unsuppressed hotkeys such as ~#a:: no longer cause masking, because the unsuppressed keydown/keyup is sufficient to prevent a menu. However, mouse hotkeys like ~*MButton:: no longer suppress the Start Menu if combined with the Win key. It can be suppressed manually with Send {Blind}{vk07} or similar.
  • The keyboard hook now tracks events in relation to Alt/Win, so that the mask key does not need to be sent if Alt/Win was already masked by some other event (physical or sent).
The hotkeys ~LWin:: and ~RWin:: no longer suppress the Start Menu. See #MenuMaskKey for details and a workaround.

Added proper validation for vk or sc key names, so names such as "sc01notvalid" are no longer recognized as keys.

Scripts containing hotkeys of the form VKnnSCnnn:: will need to be corrected by removing SCnnn, which was previously ignored.

Help file: Replaced the standard HTML Help Viewer sidebar with the new HTML5 sidebar developed by Ragnar-F.

New features:
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed icon-loading to not default to ID 0 when the index is invalid.
  • Fixed VK↔SC mapping of PrintScreen. SC→VK was already correct on Vista and later.
  • Fixed Hotkey control returning scXXX instead of names in some cases.
  • Fixed ListVars crashing if a ByRef parameter refers to a variable containing an object. [PR #86 from HotKeyIt]
  • Fixed some (very unlikely) memory leaks.
  • Fixed menu handles not being freed if only the standard items are used.
  • Fixed bold font not being applied to default menu item if it has a submenu and a Win32 menu handle.
  • Fixed Send to use the correct modifier state with Unicode chars.
  • Fixed ControlSend {u n}, where u is Unicode, to send n times, not just 1.
  • Fixed inconsistent behavior of AltGr between OS versions. Specifically, RAlt:: once again causes the system to "release" LCtrl on Windows 10, as it did prior to v1.1.26.01 (but unlike those old versions, it prevents the RAlt-up from reaching the active window). This change should not affect layouts without AltGr.
  • Fixed Menu Tray, Icon and SB_SetIcon to allow bitmaps.
  • Fixed menu items to not disappear when a cursor is set as a menu item's icon.
  • Improved launching of Window Spy and the help file:
    • If AutoHotkey is installed but the current executable is in a different directory (i.e. portable), the installed file is no longer preferred as it may be the wrong version. It may still be used as a fallback.
    • On failure to launch the file, show the error message inside the dialog, not in its titlebar.
  • Fixed one-line hotkeys with expressions beginning in sc or vk.
  • Fixed >/< hotkey modifiers incorrectly allowing both keys to be pressed. For example, <^A could erroneously be triggered by LCtrl+RCtrl+A, thereby preventing the <>^A hotkey from working.
  • Fixed auto-replace hotstrings inserting the literal text "{Raw}" in some cases (specifically, when the replacement contains {Raw} and the O, R and * options were not used).
  • Fixed some hotkeys not using the hook when eclipsed by a wildcard hotkey, depending on the order of definition.
  • Fixed key-down hotkeys to revert to "reg" if they were only "k-hook" because of a corresponding key-up hotkey which has since been disabled. (Prior to v1.1.07.03 this already happened, but the key-down hotkey was never set to "k-hook" in the first place if defined after the key-up.)
  • Fixed hook hotkeys to ignore modifier changes made by Send !^+#{key} or when sending Unicode characters. This restores Send to how it was prior to v1.1.06 when at SendLevel 0, but keeps the v1.1.06+ behavior at SendLevel >= 1, allowing Send to trigger the right hotkeys.
  • Improved the odds that Send from a "reg" hotkey such as ^m::Send x will restore the modifier state if Send is being called for the very first time. This makes it less likely to produce a different (and unexpected) result the first time it is held down, such as xmmm instead of xxxx.
Downloads
just me

Re: v1.1.27 - It must be Christmas

25 Dec 2017, 04:58

You didn't lock the tread, so thanks and merry Christmas. :xmas:

(Delete this post before you add the lock, please.)
Drugwash

25 Dec 2017, 05:36

Thank you, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a happy New Year! :wave:
Part of my AHK work can be found here.
Nextron

25 Dec 2017, 05:48

Presents! :xmas:
Excited to read up on what's new. Although the Send.htm page isn't updated yet? No mention of #SendText or #DownR.
jeeswg

25 Dec 2017, 06:04

Many thanks for the Christmas updates. Useful, but also quite interesting and novel (e.g. a-z fallback, and {Text} mode). Being able to use 'local' by itself is really special.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
Drugwash

25 Dec 2017, 07:30

Regretfully I must report a bug with the Help file:
20171225142434.png
20171225142434.png (130.13 KiB) Viewed 9434 times
Happens at every Help start after updating from 1.1.25.02 to 1.1.27.00.
XP-SP3, IE8 v8.0.6001.18702, single-core Intel P4 @1800MHz, 1GB SDRAM PC133.

Personally I don't like the new appearance at all, but worst thing is it lags horribly with a 100% CPU usage when searching or even hovering items in the Index. Please, leave the Help in the old format, it's much more responsive.
Sorry it had to be this way.
Last edited by Drugwash on 25 Dec 2017, 08:49, edited 2 times in total.
joedf

25 Dec 2017, 08:40

A very merry Christmas to you lexikos :3
:xmas: :dance:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
kczx3

25 Dec 2017, 10:13

Drugwash wrote:Regretfully I must report a bug with the Help file:
20171225142434.png
Happens at every Help start after updating from 1.1.25.02 to 1.1.27.00.
XP-SP3, IE8 v8.0.6001.18702, single-core Intel P4 @1800MHz, 1GB SDRAM PC133.

Personally I don't like the new appearance at all, but worst thing is it lags horribly with a 100% CPU usage when searching or even hovering items in the Index. Please, leave the Help in the old format, it's much more responsive.
Sorry it had to be this way.
My guess was going to be that the version of jQuery they were using doesn’t support IE8 but it looks like they are using version 1.12 which sounds like it supports back to IE6. I haven’t had a chance to check it out yet on my Win10 machine.

I can’t believe that you prefer the old appearance compared to the new. I’m willing to bet you are very much an outlier in that regard.
Drugwash

25 Dec 2017, 10:36

kczx3 wrote:I can’t believe that you prefer the old appearance compared to the new. I’m willing to bet you are very much an outlier in that regard.
It'd be too much time (and web space) consuming to explain why this and that. Appearance apart, it's the huge lag that makes it hard to use on slow/old machines. But all in all I consider Win10's GUI as the most stupid thing Microsoft ever did. Even Windows 3.1 was much better and intuitively looking than this crap, and I did work with Win3.1 after MS-DOS at the beginning of my Windows journey. So forcing any GUI to look as a Win10 GUI even when it shouldn't (since I run XP it should look as the current theme wants it to) is bad practice in my opinion, to say the least.
It's a holy day so I'll stop here. May you all have happy holidays!
kczx3

25 Dec 2017, 11:00

Drugwash wrote:
kczx3 wrote:I can’t believe that you prefer the old appearance compared to the new. I’m willing to bet you are very much an outlier in that regard.
It'd be too much time (and web space) consuming to explain why this and that. Appearance apart, it's the huge lag that makes it hard to use on slow/old machines. But all in all I consider Win10's GUI as the most stupid thing Microsoft ever did. Even Windows 3.1 was much better and intuitively looking than this crap, and I did work with Win3.1 after MS-DOS at the beginning of my Windows journey. So forcing any GUI to look as a Win10 GUI even when it shouldn't (since I run XP it should look as the current theme wants it to) is bad practice in my opinion, to say the least.
It's a holy day so I'll stop here. May you all have happy holidays!
FWIW, I just upgraded and the help file functions just fine for me. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you as well!
lexikos

25 Dec 2017, 16:53

I normally lock these announcements so that bug reports end up in a more appropriate location, and are discussed outside of the Announcements forum.

As for fixing bugs in- and directing the design of- the help file, I defer to Ragnar. He has done a lot on it lately, and I am inclined to encourage that since maintaining documentation doesn't interest me in the slightest. Of course, anyone is welcome to try to improve on it, and failing that, you can always compile your own help file.
guest3456

25 Dec 2017, 23:55

lexikos wrote:Scripts containing hotkeys of the form VKnnSCnnn:: will need to be corrected by removing SCnnn, which was previously ignored.
i thought v2 was for breaking changes, and v1 was supposed to maintain compatibility?
Drugwash wrote: But all in all I consider Win10's GUI as the most stupid thing Microsoft ever did. Even Windows 3.1 was much better and intuitively looking than this crap
this is absolute nonsense. i can understand maybe complaining about the win8 metro interface, but win10 is perfectly fine. but you still use WinXP and are on dialup right?

Drugwash

26 Dec 2017, 02:39

lexikos wrote:
I normally lock these announcements so that bug reports end up in a more appropriate location, and are discussed outside of the Announcements forum.
My apologies, you are absolutely right; I just got carried away. A moderator please move my bug report (and any related comments afterwards, if appropriate) to the bug reports section. thank you.
lexikos wrote:[…]you can always compile your own help file.
Unfortunately I never managed to do that in the past although I really wanted to. Not with AHK's Help but that's of no importance. I'll try to get some guidance from Ragnar or anybody else more knowledgeable than me in this regard. Thank you.
guest3456 wrote:
Drugwash wrote: But all in all I consider Win10's GUI as the most stupid thing Microsoft ever did. Even Windows 3.1 was much better and intuitively looking than this crap
this is absolute nonsense. i can understand maybe complaining about the win8 metro interface, but win10 is perfectly fine. but you still use WinXP and are on dialup right?
I've followed a very lengthy discussion on Win10 over at the MSFN boards and I'm only one of the very many that complain about Win10's GUI (among other issues). Take this random example here in pts. 2, 6 and 8 but the whole topic is worth reading. This topic is all about getting the classic look in Win8/10.Try this one too, if you have the spare time. So no, I'm not dissing because I'm poor and can't afford a decent Win10 machine.

My usage of XP stems from the nonexistance of Win9x drivers for my 3G modem which is the only Internet connection I got, and from the desire to make my scripts somehow compatible with AHK_L/Unicode for my friends and anybody else, by using it as a test bed. However, a heavily upgraded 98SE is my main OS but unfortunately it's been off for a few months now since it needs a new PSU and Santa skipped me this year.
Actually my 3G modem just broke a few days before Christmas so instead of a max. 7.2Mbps connection I now use a 10 year old Huawei U1220s phone to connect to a max. 384kbps, which makes me unable to download many files due to the completely moronic timeout applied by sites like GitHub, SourceForge and many others. And imagine how my navigation goes when the monthly 5GB download quota is reached and speed drops to a measly 15kbps max. But yeah, I'm an exception so why would anyone care about me - don't let me stop the progress. :(

Apologies again for the off-topic, please move this discussion too to the appropriate section. Thank you. Best wishes to everyone!
Last edited by Drugwash on 26 Dec 2017, 07:43, edited 2 times in total.
lexikos

26 Dec 2017, 03:56

guest3456 wrote:
lexikos wrote:Scripts containing hotkeys of the form VKnnSCnnn:: will need to be corrected by removing SCnnn, which was previously ignored.
i thought v2 was for breaking changes, and v1 was supposed to maintain compatibility?
I judged this particular change to be warranted because:
1. It fixes x::sc01somefunction(), which was recently reported as a bug; and it fixes it in the simplest way possible.
2. VKnnSCnnn:: contains a syntax error. The only effect of the "SCnnn" suffix here is to mislead the person reading the script. I do not believe Chris specifically intended these suffixes to be ignored (who would want that?); I count it as a bug.
lexikos

28 Dec 2017, 03:45

As the topic appeared to be attracting posts that are better off discussed elsewhere, it is now locked.
lexikos

v1.1.27.01

30 Dec 2017, 21:40

• Fixed program crashes caused by ++X or --X in scripts which lack #NoEnv (broken by v1.1.27.00).
  • Fixed #Warn ClassOverwrite giving an erroneous warning for ++MyClass.X.
  • Fixed remapping to allow custom combinations such as a & b::c.
  • Fixed Send/hotstrings/Input to adapt to the keyboard layout of the focused control instead of just the active window. In particular, this affects UWP apps such as Microsoft Edge.
  • Fixed hook hotkeys to suppress the Start menu activation which occurs when an isolated Ctrl/Shift up is received. Ctrl up may be generated by the system when switching from a keyboard layout with AltGr to one without (such as from UK to US), if Ctrl is not held down at the time. This fixes hotkeys such as $#z::WinActivate x when the change in focus causes those conditions.
  • Fixed Input not collecting characters when both Shift keys are down.
  • Fixed Input to use "sc" and "vk" for end keys in ErrorLevel rather than "Sc" and "Vk" (caused by v1.1.20).
  • Fixed GetKeyName/VK/SC("vkXXscYYY") where YYY begins with A-F (broken by v1.1.26).
lexikos

v1.1.27.02

31 Dec 2017, 17:56

Fixed loading of bmp files as icons at original size. For example: Menu X, Icon, Item Y, my.bmp,, 0 or hicon := LoadPicture("my.bmp", "Icon1", t).
Fixed compound assignments such as Test.Prop[1] += 1 (broken by v1.1.27.01).
lexikos

v1.1.27.03

06 Jan 2018, 06:45

Improved Menu x, NoStandard and Menu x, DeleteAll to work without attempting to destroy the underlying Win32 menu. This allows them to work when x is a menu bar or sub-menu of one.

Reworked the handling of vkXXscYYY:
  • Fixed GetKeyVK and GetKeyName treating vkXXscYYY as vk00scYYY.
  • Send is now more strict with {vk...} and invalid suffixes, consistent with similar changes made by v1.1.27.00 (but sc is still supported).
  • Reduced code size.
Fixed mishandling of numeric keys outside the 32-bit range (but inside the 64-bit range) in some corner cases on 64-bit builds. This only affects classes which use such numbers as names (not recommended for multiple reasons) and array access via IDispatch with such numbers as keys/member names.
lexikos

v1.1.27.04

10 Jan 2018, 04:54

Fixed #Warn ClassOverwrite giving erroneous warnings.
lexikos

v1.1.27.05

15 Jan 2018, 17:09

• Fixed visible Input end keys causing any pending dead key to double up.
  • Fixed hotstrings/Input affecting how Tab/Esc act in a dead key sequence.
  • Fixed A_IconFile returning an incorrect path if a DLL was used.
  • Fixed Gui with +Parent to center within the parent GUI vs. the screen.
  • Fixed Input/hotstring detection of dead key sequences in Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps.
  • Fixed < & v and > & v being seen as duplicates, and similar cases. This affects custom combinations where the prefix key is also a modifier symbol. This also fixes hotkeys which consist only of modifier symbols and a single trailing space, such as + ::, to be treated as errors rather than ignoring the space (hotkeys do not permit trailing space).

Return to “Announcements”