Recent post required a moderator to look at

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
BabyMamaDrama

Recent post required a moderator to look at

01 May 2022, 12:03

Hello,

I recently posted a second question (second post I must say) on this forum thread (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=96394&start=40) replying to someone's comment.
I may have posted the same comment three times by accident (I got confused why it didnt show up at first), but the forum keeps telling me it requires a moderator to look at the post.

As a new user (im not really new, I just cant remember what my old email + username is from years ago, so I made a new account yesterday) I am curious what the exact reason was why my latest post (which is invisible at the moment) requires moderation.

Thanks in advance
boiler

Re: Recent post required a moderator to look at

01 May 2022, 12:50

All new users’ posts require a moderator’s approval to prevent spam and other unwanted posts. One of the three posts have been approved. The two that were disapproved were identical to the one that was kept except for a picture regarding Johnny Depp, so the one that was kept was the one that was most on-topic.
joedf

01 May 2022, 14:18

@BabyMamaDrama I went ahead and removed your new-user restrictions. You shouldn't be experiencing these issues anymore. :+1:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
BabyMamaDrama

01 May 2022, 18:27

joedf wrote:
01 May 2022, 14:18
@BabyMamaDrama I went ahead and removed your new-user restrictions. You shouldn't be experiencing these issues anymore. :+1:
Thank you! I just posted a new post in the same forum thread mentioned above and the moderation message came back again. My message is invisible again.
I assume it takes time for the server to process the changes you made?

Thanks in advance!
boiler

01 May 2022, 19:12

I can confirm that I had to approve the above post.
gregster

01 May 2022, 19:33

Afaik, there are currently certain restrictions (no PMs, no signature, some approval requirements) based on the 'new user' status (yellow username, <= 10 posts) which - in this case - have been removed by joedf. But some rules are simply based on the number of posts and not caused by belonging to the "new user" group. So, as long as you have under 20 posts or whatever was defined, you might still see the need for approval under certain circumstances. In this case, obviously an additional rule was triggered, a classic one (@ staff: see topic logs).

Return to “Forum Issues”