NavBar on Mobile Topic is solved

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
DuckingQuack

NavBar on Mobile

15 Feb 2023, 18:21

I don't know who is responsible for taking care of the forums, but I do know they are doing a great job. Now, this is far from a complaint and I'm not sure if the problem is just a IOS Safari browser bug, but I noticed the NavBar doesn't stay at the top of the screen on my phone but does on PC. This is a feature I love because it brings a wonderful amount of QOL improvements with it and I wish it worked on mobile. If there is a setting or something I missed, or I need to get a different browser, or if this is just not something supported for the mobile version, please let me know.

Thanks!
Best of Luck,
The Duck
joedf

Re: NavBar on Mobile

16 Feb 2023, 14:30

Hi there! thanks for sharing!
I'll need to know what version of safari or iOS you are using? This sounds like a CSS version support issue to me. :think:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
DuckingQuack

16 Feb 2023, 17:51

I could not find a version number on safari although it is up to date. Here is the page from the App Store:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/safari/id1146562112

My current iOS is:
iOS 16.1.2 (20B110)

Thanks for the interest in solving this.
Best of Luck,
The Duck
joedf

Re: NavBar on Mobile  Topic is solved

16 Feb 2023, 18:27

Yeah, I double checked and everything needed should be supported on your browser... So I decided to test on my android chrome and firefox and it seems... That it is the correct behaviour.
I think the fixed NavBar is purposely not on mobile by design. I read that it's considered a standard practice, at least for some, because of the limited screen space.
So, I will not be taking any action on this at the risk of braking it for anyone else :?

I realize it is a bit annoying, but I guess I just got used to it over time and forgot about it...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
DuckingQuack

16 Feb 2023, 18:39

Thanks for looking into it and I fully understand the reasoning. Perhaps in the future the forum customization page could include a "Fixed NavBar on Mobile" option? Just tossing the idea out, I get you are all busy.
Best of Luck,
The Duck

Return to “Forum Issues”