Allow editing threads during moderator approval Topic is solved

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
lionel-rowe

Allow editing threads during moderator approval

22 Feb 2022, 10:10

I just accidentally submitted an incomplete thread (title only, no body), now I can't edit, view, or delete it until it's (presumably?) rejected by a moderator. It'd be useful if the thread author could make changes during the moderation period to avoid this problem.
gregster

Re: Allow editing threads during moderator approval

22 Feb 2022, 10:12

I would have approved it, if there would have been any content (and then you could have edited it; of course, this edit might trigger the need for a re-approval). But like this, it seemed like a new start would be better.
Generally, there is the preview button. If you accidentally submit more than one post version, we will usually take the one with the most content (likely the most recent one), or which looks like making the most sense.

This approval process is only limited to new users (for a good reason, unfortunately), so I don't know if it would be worth the effort to modify the process.
lionel-rowe

22 Feb 2022, 10:18

Yeah tbh I'm not sure how I submitted it, think I must've hit Tab Enter or something. Didn't really matter in this case as it was dealt with quickly (thanks!), but it could be a pain if no moderator happened to be online at the time.
gregster

Re: Allow editing threads during moderator approval  Topic is solved

22 Feb 2022, 10:19

In a case like this, you could have just posted the correct version as well. We would have sorted it out.
joedf

22 Feb 2022, 10:56

+1
Seeing how you're not a bot or a malicious user, I went ahead and removed your "new user" status. You should be able to edit your posts now. :+1:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Return to “Forum Issues”