[solved] Sent messages still in Outbox

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
Micromegas

[solved] Sent messages still in Outbox

16 Nov 2015, 13:54

Yesterday, I sent a private message; the first in this forum. Today I saw that the message is still in the Outbox. I just sent another message, same thing. There are no messages in the "Sent messages" folder.
Last edited by Micromegas on 09 Mar 2016, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
guestt

Re: Sent messages still in Outbox

16 Nov 2015, 14:15

That means the person you've sent them too haven't opened / seen the message yet. Once they have they will be moved to sent.
Micromegas

Re: Sent messages still in Outbox

16 Nov 2015, 14:32

Oh, I see, thanks!

This is somewhat misleading, since in snail mail as well as e-mail, an item is considered sent regardless of whether the recipient has received it. Now that I know it, I can live with it, but it may be helpful for other new users to rename these e.g. as follows:
"Outbox" → "Sent messages (not seen yet)"
"Sent messages" → "Sent messages (seen by recipient)"
gwarble

Re: [solved] Sent messages still in Outbox

22 Sep 2016, 19:51

Bumping an old thread to second this suggestion, i also had to google why my sent messages were stuck in the outbox

All in "Sent" (except drafts) with a flag for received or not (icon, color, text, ?) would be more self explanatory

"Outbox" already has a real world counterpart, and if a message is still in the outbox it means the mail guy/system has not taken it from you and started bringing it to the recipient yet, it has nothing to do with the delivered and/or read status of that message
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .

Return to “Forum Issues”