New Home page up

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
joedf

Re: New Home page up

19 May 2014, 15:37

I imagine you're referring to http://ahkscript.org/usertools/Jethrow/ ... earner.zip ?
Well, a "Download link" could be added beside the "more info" link...
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
timeFlies

19 May 2014, 20:40

I think the following text should be removed from the home page because it is, in my opinion, irrelevant and makes ahkscript.org look like a fan site for AHK, and it very clearly is not (see here (bottom of page) for what prompted me to post this):
Welcome to AHKScript.org, a new community founded by a number of enthusiasts to promote the use of AutoHotkey.
joedf

19 May 2014, 21:02

hmm... i see.. Thanks for reporting this. Should I respond with this?

Code: Select all

It is true that Autohotkey.COM has the "history" but, almost Everyone has switched to ahkscript.org
including Chris [The Creator] (I don't want to drag him in to this), Lexikos, fincs, HotketIt etc. These people were vital to the creation of autohotkey.
Even the [superadmin] of autohotkey.com has discussed a "transfer"... (but, his integrity is questionable).
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
timeFlies

19 May 2014, 21:26

I think not. Rather just respond that plans are in motion to transfer ownership of autohotkey.com to the newly created AutoHotkey Foundation LLC and that at some point in time the two websites will be officially consolidated under the domain autohotkey.com. It's also worth mentioning that nobody owns the name AutoHotkey (to my knowledge).
tank

19 May 2014, 23:10

part of the plans are to still re unify eventually at least in domain to autohotkey.com. for this reason the text that exists actually is relavant until we become sure which direction we will take
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
joedf

19 May 2014, 23:13

Makes sense.
timeFlies

20 May 2014, 11:47

Then in the name of transparency, can we get this in writing (a stickied, locked post in the AutoHotkey Foundation forum that shows on all website pages) explaining exactly what is happening, the expected timeframe of completion, and have it verified by key members of the community, such as yourself, lexikos, and if possible, Polyethene? Also do this on the other forum if possible.

For most of us, we're completely in the dark about what is happening apart from a few vague comments buried in random threads throughout the forum. Most of the talks have been private. We appreciate what you've done so far, but please let everybody know what's happening in a way that everybody can see and has some semblance of officiality (if that's a word).

Thanks.
tank

20 May 2014, 12:11

Most of it to date is found in these 2 threads

The First Step

Basics as to why AHKSCRIPT exists

Many of the conversation points are private.

you can also read starting here

http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/5 ... ntry650174

The nickel version is many of us were unhappy with forum software changes forum and site administration policies and when these oppinions were voiced entire threads were deleted as well as moderators getting stripped of priviledges. we came here, contacted chris proposed the idea of an LLC to own Autohotkey.com who agreed with the idea so long as he wouldnt be required to do anything but had some sort of emergency power if ti goes awry again. we have been applying various means of descreet preasute on Poly for some time now. he has began discussing a hand over and promised one. but the battle is on going.

First and formost this must not turn into a public bashing. we should not spam threads in either site promoting one or the other. a public battle only hurts everyone. In the end no descision has been made final about the end state of autohotkey.com should Poly comply. it is desired to convert the current forum to PHPBB3 and lock it as a permanent archive and point autohotkey.com to this forum. but that is a premature discussion. First we have to get the domain and content ownership transfered to the AutoHotkey Foundation LLC. and then we can publicly discuss a final state. Untill such an ownersip transfer occurs things are they are is really the the only state of things that there are. we will remain 2 domains servicing the same users.

Obviously the move to put autohotkey.com pointing to the older version of AHK as a download is distressing. If for no other reason it draws public attention to the discord and breaks advances in countless threads on that domain. It serves only to damage the reputation of the community
Check Out WebWriter
joedf

20 May 2014, 21:33

How about an official page about the AutoHotkey Foundation? Someone could provide me with text and pointers, and ill make the page. Otherwise, ill just use some stuff written by tank, here and there.
timeFlies

21 May 2014, 00:58

@joedf: That's sort of what I was looking for. Please go ahead and do it.
tank

21 May 2014, 07:41

Since you volunteered yourself :)
Check Out WebWriter
smorgasbord

21 May 2014, 07:51

tank wrote:Since you volunteered yourself :)
:lol:
John ... you working ?
joedf

21 May 2014, 09:14

Haha, alright. I'll try to do this tonight. :)
xZomBie

21 May 2014, 09:37

tank wrote:Since you volunteered yourself :)
:lol: Good luck joedf
joedf

21 May 2014, 21:40

Haha thanks :P
Well, I wont be able to post this tonight... Ill concentrate on actually writing and organizing the information, links, quotes, etc.
It will be posted soon. I have made a quick extract of the information that I have gathered, there's actually more because some posts link to others... Once Im done, i will surely want absolutely EVERYBODY's OPEN opinion, since this is an important document.
See this attached file for the "extract" :
extract.zip
AutoHotkey Foundation : Extract
(5.44 KiB) Downloaded 587 times
(Writing the first actual "official" AutoHotkey Foundation description document, ;) )

Regards

PS with this post :
Author: tank
Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:59 am

It is done
Order Confirmation
Order Confirmation Number: 34833087
Grand Total: $196.67
Could i amuse that the post-day : April 23 is the "official" creation date of the foundation?
joedf

26 May 2014, 00:15

It is done. Took a while, but here it is. Don't be shy, input is practically obligatory. :)

Web Format : http://ahkscript.org/foundation
PDF Format : http://ahkscript.org/foundation/The_Aut ... dation.pdf

Cheers,
smorgasbord

26 May 2014, 00:45

joedf wrote:It is done. Took a while, but here it is. Don't be shy, input is practically obligatory. :)

Web Format : http://ahkscript.org/foundation
PDF Format : http://ahkscript.org/foundation/The_Aut ... dation.pdf

Cheers,
+1
Great!
John ... you working ?
Morpheus

26 May 2014, 06:15

Is this correct?
Our Mission

The tenants of this product will not change. We have and will continue to filter obvious wrongdoing. That said we can not be responsible for every misuse. We should be financially liable for any misdeed. An LLC also serves to separate person from entity. Consider the following example: violating a license is not a criminal matter but there could be legal concerns if we appeared to support it.
I'm hoping we should NOT be responsible. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

26 May 2014, 10:18

1) Perhaps these last few posts should be split from this "homepage" thread ?

2) I suggest this "Foundation" document to be as neutral as possible and therefore move the History to the bottom of the page also make it a bit shorter - no need to rehash all the drama in such a document in my opinion - there are enough threads on the two fora that can provide enough information for those interested and these links could remain.

Suggested text

Code: Select all

Our History

Our history is a quite a long story, therefore we are just keeping it to how this domain got started:

The beginning: AutoHotkey actually started in 2003.

Mid-2009: "Chris" (also known as the creator of AutoHotkey, Chris Mallett) released his last version AutoHotkey - Version 1.0.48.05. "Lexikos" (also known as Steve Gray) had begun developing what was then a fork of AutoHotkey named AutoHotkey_L (or AHK_L).

2009-2012: AHK_L development continues adding new functionality, such as Unicode, COM, arrays/objects and many others; some of which were implemented by fellow community members.

2011: "Lexikos" started developing AutoHotkey v2-alpha.

2012: "Chris" decided to transfer ownership of the domain (autohotkey.com) and its data to "polyethene" (formerly known as "Titan").

Mid-2012: "polyethene" decided to "restore" the old 2009 AutoHotkey Version 1.0.48.05 as the official version.

Late 2012: After consultation with the community, AutoHotkey_L became the official branch and now has been renamed to "AutoHotkey" or AHK 1.1 to be specific. "Lexikos" officially became the AHK maintainer.

Late 2012: autohotkey.net was hacked and all files were lost.

2013: autohotkey.com forum suffers from various bugs after several upgrades of the forum software.

October 2013: tired of the autohotkey.com forum bugs and inconsistencies "tank" (also known as Charlie Simmons) created this site (AHKScript.org).

April 24th, 2014: The legal entity "AutoHotkey Foundation LLC" was created. 

If you are interested in knowing more you may read these following links: 

I'm sure it could be improved further.
tank

26 May 2014, 11:17

History should be separate but linked "should not" is better but I think are not responsible for misdeeds of people or organizations uding this product..

Or some like that says AutoHotkey Foundation LLC is not responsible for the use of this product by other persond or entities
Check Out WebWriter

Return to “Forum Issues”