Thanks tank!

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
Grendahl

Thanks tank!

30 Sep 2013, 08:37

Hey tank, thanks for the new hangout. :)
lblb

Re: Thanks tank!

30 Sep 2013, 12:24

Thanks a lot tank for taking the lead on this. I may not be an AHK super user, but it's been very painful to see the official website being so dysfunctional and the community so frustrated. Hopefully all your efforts will lead to a forum where member input will be more respected and valued.
gwarble

30 Sep 2013, 15:03

Thanks for doing this tank

If content is starting from scratch, how about seperating "scripts" and "functions" or stdlib?
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
tank

30 Sep 2013, 16:11

I dont have a good answer to that.on want too much splitting could be confusing on another i totally see your point
maybe with titles
[function] my function
[script] spreadheet automation
[lib] GDI
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
vahju

30 Sep 2013, 16:24

Thanks tank for creating this forum.
jethrow

30 Sep 2013, 20:02

ditto the thread name
Last edited by jethrow on 30 Sep 2013, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.
smorgasbord

30 Sep 2013, 20:06

Thanks Tank!
John ... you working ?
PuzzledGreatly

30 Sep 2013, 23:16

Thanks for taking the initiative and I hope the vision of an AHK foundation succeeds.

GP
Guest10

01 Oct 2013, 03:06

thanks! i joined. :lol:
Awannaknow

01 Oct 2013, 08:17

Well, I see that Tank is the creator thank you Tank!!!
I must add that I didn't even noticed the "official" forum is "dead", it's a Kon signature link which send me here saying: "This forum is dead. The new one can be found here."
All I noticed is that I posted one or 2 questions and had no answers at all, just thought I might have done something wrong . . . :oops:

What happens to AutoHotKey in general and the "official" forum (you don't need to answer, I just let my fingers go on the board) ?

Whatever: long live AutoHotKey !
TLM

01 Oct 2013, 08:21

Tank my man! Nice job brotha
tank

01 Oct 2013, 08:49

Awannaknow we all hope Poly comes to his senses.
so the basic issue that finally broke the camels back
many users visit the page with no CSS or images
i have 4 machines multiple browsers. only one one machine within chrome am i able to load the site. on another machine in IE9 never in FF. Poly has refused to respond to any reports on it and in addition to deleting some threads where dissention was voiced he has been otherwise completely MUTE and inaccessable. Some of us never experienced the problem. Some never found a way to get to a working version. I did the only thing i could and tossed up PHPBB3 registered a domain and started copying content. I want nothing more than for Poly to let another developer work on the old official site fix the issues and assume a permanent support role. I would even bet the community would take up donations and pay a salary if it was consistent and good support. I am trying to get Sumon on board to take a role of developer and support. i honestly dont have the kind of capacity necessary to do it properly. but i wont let it fall down either
I will keep our heads above water and will interview and entertain the idea anyone with web development skills that has a serious desire to help.
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
Flow Snake

01 Oct 2013, 13:45

Tnx tank your alot better than poly!
Awannaknow

01 Oct 2013, 14:17

Thanks for your answer,
You may pin your answer or elaborate and pin as it is an important fact to know.
After all, we (noobz) heavily rely on forum searches (our holy grails) to not disturb too much "advanced" members . . .
And when a big disruption like this one happens, we (noobz again) are a bit at lost . . .:
and started copying content
That is the holy grail I was talking about: content.
Thank you for doing it, it might be quite complicated!
tank wrote:Awannaknow we all hope Poly comes to his senses.
so the basic issue that finally broke the camels back
many users visit the page with no CSS or images
i have 4 machines multiple browsers. only one one machine within chrome am i able to load the site. on another machine in IE9 never in FF. Poly has refused to respond to any reports on it and in addition to deleting some threads where dissention was voiced he has been otherwise completely MUTE and inaccessable. Some of us never experienced the problem. Some never found a way to get to a working version. I did the only thing i could and tossed up PHPBB3 registered a domain and started copying content. I want nothing more than for Poly to let another developer work on the old official site fix the issues and assume a permanent support role. I would even bet the community would take up donations and pay a salary if it was consistent and good support. I am trying to get Sumon on board to take a role of developer and support. i honestly dont have the kind of capacity necessary to do it properly. but i wont let it fall down either
I will keep our heads above water and will interview and entertain the idea anyone with web development skills that has a serious desire to help.
HotKeyIt

01 Oct 2013, 14:42

Thank you very much tank, really great work and so fast :D

I feel like home again ;)
tmplinshi

01 Oct 2013, 15:24

Thanks!
xZomBie

02 Oct 2013, 03:16

Been experiencing some problems with images not showing up in the old "official" forum so I thought it was time to register an account here. Thanks a lot tank!
The full editor is awesome new forum users can now easily add
This quote box
and

Code: Select all

Code box
Is there a spoiler function in this forum?

Can we change our username? This is because that there is already someone called SnowFlake...
nnnik

02 Oct 2013, 03:28

Can we change our username?
I can enable it.
Recommends AHK Studio
Sjc1000

02 Oct 2013, 03:32

Glad to see that the community now has a place to be where they actually matter, and their voice will be heard. :D
Thanks tank. ;)
Please find me on the IRC if you have any questions, I'm never on the forum anymore.

Return to “Forum Issues”