check-mark a topic started by someone else

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
wolf_II

check-mark a topic started by someone else

15 Nov 2016, 08:13

I have fooled around a bit and tested the green check-mark thingy:

Is anybody aware of the following strange behaviour?

When I browse the forum with a different browser (where I'm not logged in), and I look at a topic started by a guest,
then I get to see an icon with a check-mark whose ToolTip reads "Accept this answer". so far so good.

Is is intended that every not-logged-in user is able to check-mark a random answer of every topic started by another not-logged-in user?
joedf

Re: check-mark a topic started by someone else

15 Nov 2016, 09:10

How's a guest supposed to mark it then?
I know it's not great, but when I set to moderator change only, I get argued to bring it back to normal.
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
wolf_II

Re: check-mark a topic started by someone else

15 Nov 2016, 09:32

OK, Thanks for clarifying. I don't feel strongly one way or the other, I guess I was just surprised how that works and thought "Is this intended?"
But I did not think it through, I suppose you have to decide one way or the other and I'm sorry for troubling you.

Thank you for your time to answer. And thank you for the time that you (and the rest of the team) dedicate to this forum.

Return to “Forum Issues”