Google Captcha Terror

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
PuzzledGreatly

Google Captcha Terror

02 Dec 2016, 20:33

Google Captcha has returned with a vengeance. Visit the site - captcha, reply to a post captcha. Using Pale Moon 27.0.2. Anyone else having captcha issues? Thanks
PuzzledGreatly

Re: Google Captcha Terror

03 Dec 2016, 17:25

Anyone? This is getting a real nuisance, only happens with this site and not every time.
Xtra

03 Dec 2016, 20:53

Version 54.0.2840.99 m (64-bit) chrome here i have not seen any captchas.
You may have some caching problems with your browser.
tank

04 Dec 2016, 00:22

Sorry guys its temporary I am working on some methods to stop some of our attackers the heightened security wont last forever
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
Exaskryz

04 Dec 2016, 02:36

Pale Moon 24.6.2, no issues on my end. Puzzled, haven't you had this problem before? Unfortunately it may be something regarding your system that is triggering this. Maybe it could be a VPN you use has been flagged by these captcha guys as used by spammers. Or you may have malware using your computer as a botnet. Wouldn't hurt to run a virus scan, and even monitor some traffic to double check that if it's not the VPN. Could be other issues that I'm not aware of nor can think of at 2 in the morning.
PuzzledGreatly

04 Dec 2016, 03:17

Thanks for the replies. I don't think I use a VPN, not really sure what one is. Have checked my PC for malware and it comes up clean. Might try downgrading Pale Moon to 26.5 that was OK.What are these cookies:

raw.githubusercontent.com
secure.informaction.com

With them I'm not seeing the captcha but never needed them before. What's especially annoying about the captcha is that I have to allow www.Google.com in order to use it. If Noscript blocks that domain then the Captcha shows checkboxes. I can fill those in get a code to paste but then get a message saying the site can't connect to the captcha provider - this goes round in circles until I allow Google. From my perspective visiting the site seems less secure than before the security measures. Good to hear that they are temporary.
tank

04 Dec 2016, 13:39

I think noscript may actually be the culprit here. your blocking certain browser integrity checks in the process. I lifted those today for now but keep in mind that they may come back.
Jamesdf you're new visitor i would expect you to get fleeced in these checks
Check Out WebWriter
guest3456

04 Dec 2016, 16:50

blocking javascript nowadays seems like it would really inhibit any web experience

Drugwash

04 Dec 2016, 18:16

I'm on Pale Moon 25.8.1 and will be so for as long as the web will allow it, then I'll just go offline.
Got NoScript, Ghostery, QuickJava, RequestPolicy among other add-ons and (almost) everything Google is blocked in my HOSTS file.
I've noticed an ever increasing usage of Google scripts on too many sites/boards and I don't like it at all - if (or when) they will say "stop" about half the Internet if not much more will get down on its knees. Unacceptable.

Anyway, I've never seen any kind of captcha here on this board or it would've been the hell broke loose. There's probably problems with IP classes where spammers/hackers/etc come from and innocent people get caught in the middle. Take a couple steps back and see that's just how life is on this Earth.
Part of my AHK work can be found here.
Exaskryz

04 Dec 2016, 21:34

tank wrote:I think noscript may actually be the culprit here. your blocking certain browser integrity checks in the process. I lifted those today for now but keep in mind that they may come back.
Jamesdf you're new visitor i would expect you to get fleeced in these checks

I run NoScript as well, but haven't been asked for any captchas. It can interfere with a captcha is asked for though, yeah. That can explain the difficulty in clearing a captcha, but not so much why they do or do not appear. I'll assume my longevity on the boards is what has kept the captchas away.
tank

05 Dec 2016, 00:11

There are a number of factors that determine who gets hit but the algorithm simply looks at patterns that mimic certain unusual behavior
Check Out WebWriter
PuzzledGreatly

22 Dec 2016, 09:59

Well, Noscript has nothing to do with it as my wife gets clobbered by the captcha and she doesn't use Noscript at all.
PuzzledGreatly

22 Dec 2016, 16:51

Suddenly working again, no captcha, thank you.
Not logged in

25 Dec 2016, 18:14

That was short-lived - the captcha is back on two different PCs one with Noscript and one without
PuzzledGreatly

02 Jan 2017, 20:45

Happy New Year! Hope this gets resolved soon this year. The constant captchas are a real pain.

30 Jan 2017, 13:10

This is just speculation but...
Is PuzzledGreatly the only one having this issue? That alone indicates that this is HIS problem, not the sites.
Add to that the fact that this user has a history of blocking cookies without knowing what they do: https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/9158 ... /?p=579494
Just sayin' it's probably the users fault, not the ahk website. That is to say, he blocked something somewhere and forgot that he blocked it.

30 Jan 2017, 13:32

Something that auto-deletes cookies, for example, could cause this behavior.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... g-cookies/
Drugwash

30 Jan 2017, 15:13

That thing is extremely dangerous! I once had it installed and due to tight settings it triggered the alarm at a few e-mail providers that sent me notifications demanding change of passwords on account of fraudulent login attempts (that was the X-Notifier add-on, checking inboxes every five minutes).
So better ditch the 'Self-destructing cookies' add-on before it produces more damage.
Part of my AHK work can be found here.
joedf

31 Jan 2017, 22:24

damn... bad combo..
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
PuzzledGreatly

11 Feb 2017, 15:51

I don't use any extension that automatically eats cookies and as mentioned the captcha strikes my wifes machine that doesn't use NoScript or anything similar or any extensions at all. Some days I see the captcha and some days I don't and no settings have changed. This is the only site I have trouble with. How many cookies do other users count? I count 6 for autohotkey.com and 3 for ahkscript.org. That makes 9 - a ridiculous number. Double to triple the number for any other site.

Return to “Forum Issues”