Promote popular topics by voting or archive non-popular

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
Almost_there

Promote popular topics by voting or archive non-popular

18 Dec 2016, 13:44

Hi - surely this must be discussed many times in the past, I just want to broadcast a couple of ideas :)

Well, first off - why do I start this topic? Well - many of the post is posted because whoever posting just post lame questions because they is just too lazy to read the help file - and therefore all the interresting posts (those that I feel that I may actually learn something from) drowns in a wasteland of posts.

This is my suggestions:

1 Archive folder for simple/bad questions
Define an archive folder where bad topics goes. Might get easier to find other posts in the jungle.
Possible backdraw: somebody have to actually do this - and there is to be set some rules. Therefore, maybe suggestion 2 will suppress this problem.

2 Vote interresting posts
Any user could be able to vote (eg. zero to 6 stars) the interrest factor for a topic. The number of votes combined with average stars may be possible to sort.

I see one possible backdraw with suggestion 2 - it might cause new posters to be less likely to get their post answered from "senior members", and that is a problem for any forum out there. If most "senior members" choose to sort posts by stars. Suggestion is needed to prevent this from happening, anyone?
joedf

Re: Promote popular topics by voting or archive non-popular

20 Dec 2016, 09:18

I am not opposed but I have yet to see what this may serve of purpose. :think:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Return to “Forum Issues”