permanent image in topic

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
michel

permanent image in topic

13 Jan 2017, 12:06

Is there a way to add a picture in a forum-topic whitout the risks that it get's deleted by time?
When I use a gdrive or dropbox, then it could some day be deleted!

Isn't there a picture upload to the forum it selves?

thanks
tidbit

Re: permanent image in topic

13 Jan 2017, 13:14

use an image hosting site like imgur which has been around for a while and will most likely not die in the next 5+ years. It's what they are for. There are buttons to get direct links (aka, no ads/slow UI) and even pre-formatted bbcode (forum format) for those too lazy to click the 'img' button on a forum.

also, I never trust forum attachments. I've encountered so many forums that have dead attachments or lock the ability to view/download attachments to registered people only.
Plus, no offense to AHK, but for many years (including the old forums) the attachment system has been terribly unstable. Never rely on it.
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?
joedf

Re: permanent image in topic

14 Jan 2017, 06:18

Yeah... I dont even rely on it myself :p
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Return to “Forum Issues”