Forum colors - I can't read certain buttons

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
joefiesta

Forum colors - I can't read certain buttons

28 Aug 2017, 14:40

I'm running Windows 7 pro and I've changed a ton of Windows colors, but I don't believe that is my problem.

I can not read many of the items in the forums. Specifically, I can't read many of the forum buttons and built-in headers. The text and background are SO SIMILAR IN COLOR as to make it difficult to read. The text appears as a medium green color (x009900) within a dark blue background (x3F627F). (these are RGB color syntax). The blue, x3F627F, is certainly an odd number, but that's not relevant.

I have gone into the registry and none of the colors there match or are very close to these. I have made many color modifications to windows using the registry, since some items' colors are only changeable there.

The worse example is the button to create a "NEW TOPIC". I can never find it!!! (well, not easily!)

Do others have this problem?

Thanks

Joe Petree
tank

Re: Forum colors - I can't read certain buttons

28 Aug 2017, 15:23

First time i heard of this. Suggest switching forum theme in the user control panel
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
joefiesta

30 Aug 2017, 08:37

I can't figure out how to insert an image in my post.

I found this in the FAQ:

Can I post images?
Yes, images can be shown in your posts. If the administrator has allowed attachments, you may be able to upload the image to the board. Otherwise, you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.example.com/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode [img] tag.

This does not tell me how to insert an image. I tried using the [img] bbcode. I copied an image to my clipboard, and tried pasting it between the [img] marks. didn't work.

The above says I can "ATTACH" a file, but, that too is not explained.

I could also not find any documentation of the use of this forum (other than the FAQ's, which are something I really dislilke. l I would like to just read how to do something.) If that's somewhere, trust me, I'd read it.

Joe Petree
derz00

30 Aug 2017, 11:22

The [img] tags are to post a link between.
You can attach a file. See attached screenshot. (Upload the attachment, then click "Place inline" to place a link to it in the text. I do wish there were a way to display images in the post linking to another web host.)

See ya.
Untitled1.png
Untitled1.png (21.62 KiB) Viewed 1868 times
try it and see
joefiesta

30 Aug 2017, 11:33

thank for the answer, Derz00

Attached is my screen shot of forum buttons that are difficult to read. (Looks like I overdid the size reduction. sorry about the poor quality of this pic)
ahk.greentext.jpg
ahk.greentext.jpg (137.89 KiB) Viewed 3041 times
gregster

30 Aug 2017, 11:51

You seem to have a strange (general) theme going on in your browser (or your windows). That may cause your problems. The colors in your screenshot look nothing like the three default themes of the AHK board (Simplicity, prosilver, and digi/darkblue). Do you use some add-ons in your browser that create this greenish window theme and chnage colors (or did you choose it in the windows settings)? And what about trying the other forum themes? >See https://autohotkey.com/boards/ucp.php?i ... e=personal And which one of the three are you using at the moment? Looks like Simplicity with altered colors...
I'm running Windows 7 pro and I've changed a ton of Windows colors, but I don't believe that is my problem.
Actually, I think that is your problem!
joefiesta

30 Aug 2017, 12:19

Thanks, Gregster. I just needed to know it was just me with this problem. I ran Firefox with all my addons turned off and, Voila! No problem.

I have an addon called "VISITED_ENABLER". This addon colors links for me (based on visited or not visited). Turns out practically everything on the forum pages is LINKS!!! Most links are just text ON WHITE BACKGROUND, so the coloring doesn't disrupt anything normally. But, the forum has the link with a BLUE background, so my colors create this problem. Now, should I complain about the forum's format? I guess that wouldn't accomplish anything.

thanks for all who helped

Joe Petree

Return to “Forum Issues”