Stray >

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
nnnik

Re: Stray >

06 Oct 2014, 09:45

Please make an ahkscript.org logo about it.
Recommends AHK Studio
tank

06 Oct 2014, 09:49

full file system restore complete things seem back in order
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
joedf

08 Oct 2014, 02:24

Ok ok this time it's my fault :P but this shouldn't have happened... Because all I did was a cache refresh of the subsilver2 style through the ACP... That means the actually code in the /styles is funky...
Some thing is definitely Funky in the styles... :P and yes signatures are back to being centered .... :P
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Ezriilc

08 Oct 2014, 10:03

So, I'm brand new here and trying to make myself useful.

I see that our mascot, the ">", is still here, and I find little things like this maddening, so I MUST figure out where it's coming from.

I've created a test setup of phpBB3 on my WAMP stack to track it down, but a vanilla install with subsilver2 doesn't show it, so I'm assuming it's from a setting or some add-on.

I'll keep looking until somebody stops me. :headwall:
I support: AutoHotkey | PCs & Mobile | Networking, Inet/Web & Software Development | Games | Life, The Universe & Everything.

Behold the awesome that is my more-beard! :morebeard: <-- That's me!
joedf

08 Oct 2014, 11:16

You won't find it haha but thanks for trying.... I'll look for it today.. It's definitely something funky in the code here.... :P
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Ezriilc

Re: Stray > :: FOUND IT!

08 Oct 2014, 11:34

OK, so what I found is that the "subsilver2" style here shows the extra ">" after the closing BODY tag...
BUT, the "prosilver" style is actually missing that ">" entirely.

It appears that someone has edited the "prosilver" style to remove the ">" after "</body" - perhaps to compensate for the extra one. :problem:
http://ahkscript.org/boards/styles/pros ... ooter.html

However, the problem is in the "subsilver2" style.
http://ahkscript.org/boards/styles/subs ... ooter.html

(View the source code to see the [extra/lack of] characters.)

Fixing those files should take care of it! :thumbup: :beer:

EDIT: Don't forget to purge the cache!
Last edited by Ezriilc on 08 Oct 2014, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.
I support: AutoHotkey | PCs & Mobile | Networking, Inet/Web & Software Development | Games | Life, The Universe & Everything.

Ezriilc

08 Oct 2014, 11:50

Oh, BTW, I think the mascot idea and name are perfect! Somehow, the image of a crock-o-gator fits with how I see AHK - can't figure why, but I like it!

http://ahkscript.org/boards/viewtopic.p ... t=0#p23370

EDIT: You can even leave him/her in the style "properly" by adding the greater-than entity (">") just before the closing "</body>" tag. I think that would be cool to see there a couple of decades from now. Noobs will be all asking what it is, sparking the telling of the tale of the saga of...

"CrAHKo, the Aligreater(than)" :lolno:

fincs

08 Oct 2014, 14:07

Any word on when is this going to be fixed (for the 3rd time), along with the weird CSS issues that make signatures be centered and avatars not centered?
fincs
Windows 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with 32 GB of RAM | AutoHotkey v2.0.0 + v1.1.36.02
Get SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.1.0 - [My project list]
joedf

08 Oct 2014, 15:54

@Ezriilc lol...bad jokes.. ahahah :lol: .. and thanks! Stray > : fixed
@fincs alright fixed the avatar problem too... now looking for the problem with the signature..
joedf

08 Oct 2014, 15:59

Ok the avatar centering has been fixed with :

Code: Select all

.profile td {
	text-align: center;
}
and i have removed the <center> around the signatures in "viewtopic_body.html"
All fixed ;)
Ezriilc

08 Oct 2014, 17:06

joedf wrote:@Ezriilc lol...bad jokes.. ahahah :lol: .. and thanks! Stray > : fixed...
Yay! I helped a little! :rainbow:

Ezriilc

08 Oct 2014, 17:11

I miss CrAHKo... :cry:

Ezriilc

08 Oct 2014, 17:17

Yesss!

[ACHIEVEMENT: clingy need for attention from strangers satisfied...]

Return to “Forum Issues”