Code of conduct for staff

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
waetherman

Code of conduct for staff

20 Jan 2018, 11:47

Is there a set of rules for the staff members of this forum? I saw that a new rule-set is being discussed, as well as the admins care about the, lets say, moral quality of the posts: cheating in games, malware, closed source and maybe more.

Therefore I was surprised to see a forum admin threaten another forum user (outside of this forum, however on a medium, where his identity was confirmed–marked as forum admin) with a ban if he doesn’t comply to the admin’s will. He even openly confirmed that would be abusing power, which IMHO creates a bad vibe for AHK community.

I’m not a significant part of the community so I just wanted to ask what is the AHK Great Council’s opinion on that. :)
tank

Re: Code of conduct for staff

20 Jan 2018, 12:30

Resultant force her own code of conduct however I can't think of a single member of our staff who would make such an idiotic comment. I question how you confirm the identity
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
nnnik

20 Jan 2018, 12:37

It was me. I and this guy get into fights regularily and it escalates easily.
I still think he is a racist and I can't stand him - no I despise him.
Recommends AHK Studio
tank

20 Jan 2018, 13:52

Did you really threaten to abuse your power here
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
nnnik

20 Jan 2018, 13:57

Yes but I wasn't serious.
I have taken things to far I apologize.
Recommends AHK Studio
nnnik

20 Jan 2018, 14:11

It can't be that a single person could trigger me so much that I completely lost my head like this.
I'll take a few days off.
Recommends AHK Studio
guest3456

20 Jan 2018, 14:18

if this happened in IRC or discord, i will just say, admins better develop thicker skin, because in live chat rooms things always get escalated fast

waetherman

20 Jan 2018, 16:16

I can only say it didn’t sound like a joke to me in the context it was written. Maybe it was, though it’s hard to understand why someone would make a joke towards someone he openly hates, in a heated argument.
I’m not a racist. I will refrain from supplying evidence in my defense, because 1) off-topic, 2) the accusation contained no evidence as well.
I am thick skinned, but it saddens me that there are people who may be not prepared for aggression from sensitive young “social justice warriors”, and so they have to either refrain from speaking their mind entirely, or be super careful and be sure to never sound in the sightliest bit controversial, or else they could be judged as evil by those s.j.w, who will then attack them on every occasion. It’s like having a stalker fan, except this one is waiting for you flip over to finish you off. Like on AHKathon thread, where I got into an offtopic argument with another guy, I might have seemed as ill—tempered to someone who reads my posts out of context, but I end the OT pretty quickly with something like "on these terms I agree with you", and then nnnik comes, and writes the other guy that he knows me and I’m a troll, to a surprise of us both. And this is not a normal forum guy, insulting another normal forum guy, it’s a forum admin stepping in to use his authority to hereby announce that this person is a troll.

So yeah, when your anti–fan turns out to be in a position of power that he is ready to abuse, then the fun starts. Thank god it’s AutoHotkey forum admin who only knows my IP and e-mail address. If this was a policeman saying he is going to arrest me, I would have a harder time appreciating the joke.

So, to stress it out, I don’t feel like a victim, but I think the described behavior is destructive for the community. Well, for any community.
derz00

20 Jan 2018, 17:33

nnnik, you have shown strength of character. Those who deny faults or mistakes are the cowards.
waetherman wrote: Like on AHKathon thread, where I got into an offtopic argument...
\/\/aetherman, I would opine that nnnik's response in that thread was composed of the same dry humour with which you carried out your philosophical argument. He likely was referring to your "light attitude" as you described it.

guest3456, does that fact scare you from advancing your participation? Assuming, that even on the forum, all is not always well said.
try it and see
Helgef

20 Jan 2018, 19:45

Edit: I have already apologised to weatherman for being unnecessarily rude, I'd like to also apologise to the community for adding to the bad vibe. Cheers.
Those who deny faults or mistakes are the cowards.
Indeed.

@ weatherman, when you spit in the wind, make sure you face in the right direction, otherwise you will get it right back. By starting this thread of false concern for the community, you have attempted to spit in the face of us all, but it is only you who got stained. I saw the conversation, you are joke.

No cheers.
Last edited by Helgef on 08 Apr 2018, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
joedf

21 Jan 2018, 00:48

nnnik does have a strong character, but that's not necessarily always a bad thing... I know he would not abuse power. He is a rational individual. Everyone can get into a heated argument, but our staff is carefully picked. You may rest assured that if there is abuse of power, the rest of the staff will take action. Our history... well.. some things we dont want to repeat.
Anyone that suspects inappropriate behaviour, do not hesitate to identify and notify the staff; this will undergo discussion with the rest of the staff to thoroughly investigate the issue from all sides to reach a consensus.
The rules apply to everyone.
As everyone relevant to the argument has expressed a point of view, I feel there's no need for this thread to continue... Please open a new thread or pm if there's something else.
To that end, this topic is locked.
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
nnnik

07 Apr 2018, 15:23

I want to say that me and weatherman resolved our differncies quite a while ago.
I always thought that he was younger than me due to circumstances - however thats not the case.
After we solved this misunderstanding we get along better now.
weatherman is a nice guy even if he doesnt want to show it I hope he doesnt face any prejudice due to such a childish incident.
I also want to mention the stress that people face during finals week - it's somehing I can barely take in a normal mindeset however I took it out on weatherman thats neither nice nor the behavior a staff here should show.

I hope you all have a nice day :)
Recommends AHK Studio
nnnik

07 Apr 2018, 15:25

I also want to thank all the people here for the trust people put on me. Thats something that keeps me going here even if I might not live up to it.
THANk YOU ALL.
Recommends AHK Studio
CerpinTaxt

28 Sep 2018, 23:52

I know this thread is old, but fwiw this dude in OP is clearly a troll. I've been hanging around the Discord starting about a week ago and while I can be snarky and outspoken at times, I haven't outright gotten into any other completely ridiculous nonsensical troll loops than with OP. I had a few, like, vaguely passionate discussions but those were always 2+ people with genuine disagreements. This dude was transparent in his repeated efforts to troll.

I thought briefly at first that maybe we just had differences of opinion but his demeanor pretty quickly became cliche troll behavior. Hearing about the interactions @nnnik had with him was enough to cement the fact in my mind. This is his most frequently used smiley for crying out loud lol.

And when I say 'troll' I'm referring to the classic-internet sense of the word, i.e. saying purposely dumb stuff in an active attempt to piss somebody off or derail conversation to the point that the other party tells them to fuck off or whatever. Which of course is their goal because it launches them into the whole "Oh wow, so now you're doing the name-calling/insult thing, I never lashed out at you, this is uncalled for blah blah blah" shtick. Or start threads in which they put on their innocent victim face and try to sweetly play innocent and recount how they were treated so viciously. Basic color-by-numbers stuff tbh.

Here's a snippet showing when I was unmuted from the server. I was talking with another user before this so the text begins when OP first chimes in. As you can see it shows OP as a totally reasonable person trying to have conversation vs me (CerpinTaxt) being a troll who's not worthy of the most basic conversational response lol.

Code: Select all

[6:27 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: I know I missed the discussion, just wanted to leave an authoritative statement here, America indeed is the best.

[6:28 AM] CerpinTaxt: only the best people
[6:28 AM] CerpinTaxt: All the best, smartest people.

[6:28 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: One of possible voting solutions is: leave the system, improve the participants. Meaning: educate people.
[6:28 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: You could also improve the system to fit the participants

[6:29 AM] CerpinTaxt: Christ, now I need to rethink my views if they match up with this guy

[6:29 AM] CerpinTaxt: Actually

[6:29 AM] Cap'n Odin: he is joking

[6:29 AM] CerpinTaxt: Both of your opinions rely on a premise that I don't necessarily adhere to
[6:29 AM] CerpinTaxt: That people can be fixed

[6:30 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: fixed? I'm not saying they're broken

[6:30 AM] CerpinTaxt: That's not an implicit truth
[6:30 AM] CerpinTaxt: I am

[6:30 AM] Cap'n Odin: I am not assuming people can be fixed, but the system sure can

[6:30 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: You can improve people, it surely requires a subjective view on them
[6:30 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: Because improvement means making something/someone better

[6:31 AM] CerpinTaxt: These past few years have sucked that optimism out of me, I don't care any more

[6:31 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: and good, better, the best, bad, worse, the worst, are the ultimate subjective words, it seems to me

[6:32 AM] CerpinTaxt: I think the rise of the human race is an incredible event but I don't think they'll make it a whole further

[6:32 AM] ozzhates: wow survival mode?

[6:32 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: Rise human race?

[6:32 AM] ozzhates: plz fall humans!

[6:33 AM] CerpinTaxt: The problems we face today are the same problems we've faced in every generation since human civilization began on any significant scale

[6:33 AM] ozzhates: large group of dumpb ppl?

[6:33 AM] CerpinTaxt: Hatred over skin color, religion, gender, politics

[6:33 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: Isn't it an exaggeration again?

[6:33 AM] CerpinTaxt: No

[6:33 AM] Cap'n Odin: I don't intend to fall

[6:33 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: yes, it is

[6:33 AM] CerpinTaxt: Nope.

[6:34 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: if you think that the world didn't improve considerably from the times of holy wars in medieval times
[6:34 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: Sorry, but you really think anyone will believe you're not a troll? :smile:

[6:34 AM] CerpinTaxt: Please name the times in which the human race didn't face the issues of racism, religious killing, gender, or politics.
[6:34 AM] CerpinTaxt: Please name 1 single timespan

[6:34 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: Not only you keep saying various variants of the Sun being black, but you keep saying it's an undisputable fact :smile:

[6:34 AM] CerpinTaxt: Just one. No sidetracking, just one.

[6:34 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: I'll name something much more useful for you

[6:34 AM] CerpinTaxt: Just name a single one.
[6:35 AM] CerpinTaxt: Nope.
[6:35 AM] CerpinTaxt: Name one period of time.

[6:35 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: False dilemma.

[6:35 AM] CerpinTaxt: Nope.

[6:35 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: Read about it
[6:35 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: It answers your question, in a way.

[6:35 AM] CerpinTaxt: You said my statement was an exaggeration.
[6:35 AM] CerpinTaxt: You only have to name one time to prove me wrong.
[6:35 AM] CerpinTaxt: Just one single period of time out of all of human history.
[6:36 AM] CerpinTaxt: Oh, you can't? You mean you're just saying shit? Wow, shocking.

[6:36 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: You are saying shit
[6:36 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: you keep doing it

[6:36 AM] CerpinTaxt: :wink:

[6:36 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: you say idiot statements, and I'm very respectful to you for calling it trolling

[6:37 AM] CerpinTaxt: You said I was wrong. You have to name a single time period to prove it.

[6:37 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: Yes, the thing is, I can't prove it to you.

[6:37 AM] CerpinTaxt: Are you going to continue to say things that aren't a single span of time?

[6:37 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: It's not how people like you work.
[6:37 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: It's like playing Chess with a pidgeon
[6:37 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: You can't win

[6:38 AM] CerpinTaxt: Then stop butting into my conversations.

[6:38 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: No
[6:38 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: You can ask people to talk with you on DMs

[6:38 AM] CerpinTaxt: Okay, or do continue butting into my conversations and then being a pissy baby when I engage

[6:38 AM] ozzhates:
		  Cap'n OdinToday at 9:33 AM
		  I don't intend to fall
[6:39 AM] ozzhates: adds him to his list

[6:39 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: I don't know what you mean by a pissy baby, but from the sound of it, you describe your attitude
[6:39 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: You behave like a baby
[6:39 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: As I said before, you behave like a spoiled brat.
[6:40 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: All those immature statements of yours, like "oh, you don't swear, you're probably a weirdo!"
[6:40 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: It's so pathetic

[6:40 AM] CerpinTaxt: You said I was wrong. I asked you to say 1 simple fact to prove me wrong. You then talk in circles and waffle on and attempt distractions instead of just addressing the conversation. I've tried about a dozen times in the past 5 minutes to stick to the conversation.
[6:40 AM] CerpinTaxt: How the fuck are you a staff member?

[6:41 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: .tag grow up

[6:41 AM] BOTAce: Behave like a man, bitch.

[6:41 AM] CerpinTaxt: You realize I've talked with people like @AlexChaplinskikh  and @Cap'n Odin about several things we disagree on several times and it's always perfectly reasonable?

[6:42 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: Perfectly reasonable? :hehe:

[6:42 AM] AlexChaplinskikh: What, what. What's up?

[6:42 AM] CerpinTaxt: Yes?

[6:42 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: You exaggerate again, man

[6:42 AM] AlexChaplinskikh: Is this about fighting about something or other again?

[6:43 AM] CerpinTaxt: You think this happens in a conversation with anybody but you ? *screenshot of Weatherdude's messages from 6:39*

[6:43 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: Yea, he got mad and started pinging people :stuck_out_tongue:

[6:43 AM] CerpinTaxt: Yeah I was pinging people who disagree with me frequently

[6:43 AM] Cap'n Odin: @ozzhates hit list ?

[6:43 AM] CerpinTaxt: And who I somehow don't get dragged into these retarded ass slap fights with

[6:43 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: @CerpinTaxt Want me to find out the first statement in which you were rude to me? Let's make a bet, I'll do so. If you can find a statement that I was rude to you before it, I won't ban you.

[6:44 AM] AlexChaplinskikh: Hm... In my opinion it's OK to argue about stuff as long as it doesn't come to personal attacks.

[6:44 AM] CerpinTaxt: lol blow me
[6:44 AM] CerpinTaxt: ban me dude

[6:44 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: OK, if you ask...

[6:44 AM] CerpinTaxt: prick

[6:44 AM] AlexChaplinskikh: Once you get so riled up you can't see that you're attacking someone, then it's the end of the conversation.

[6:45 AM] Dixon: @AlexChaplinskikh who you refering to?

[6:45 AM] AlexChaplinskikh: Well, I'll agree that Cerpin has a "difficult" personality to deal with, at least.

[6:45 AM] WÆTHERDUDE: .mute @CerpinTaxt

[6:45 AM] BOTAce: @CerpinTaxt muted.
So while folks like this are a dime a dozen in internet communities, I guess I'm confused about how this dude is running the AutoHotkey official (?) Discord?
and with just one faint glance back into the sea
the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
joedf

29 Sep 2018, 19:00

You should be contacting RUN1E directly, he is the one who created, "built" and manages the channel. :think:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Return to “Forum Issues”