garry

Re: Maintenance

15 Oct 2018, 05:12

@tank , thank you , lot of work
( tried with firefox )
joedf

15 Oct 2018, 09:42

Digi themes are the only ones with no issues... other than the customized bar...
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
drozdman

16 Oct 2018, 10:02

What happened? Is this the desired outcome of the change?
Nothing works. Code cannot be downloaded, no syntax highlighting, etc.
And this terrible dark theme.
What is the reason for the change, anyway? It was working well, now it's a mess.
nnnik

16 Oct 2018, 10:34

The mess was to be expected and had to happen sooner or later.
Some of our plugins were uncompatible with this new update so we delayed an update to a new version of the PHP board.
We have done so until the point where the necessity for an update became apparent.

The first thing is that we had no proper captcha anymore resulting in a massive spam amount.
To use a decent captcha we would have to update (honestly the thing we used would not even keep the most basic bots out).
Thie amount of spam increased until we could not handle it anymore. Without this update we would have to disable Guest posting and potentially even make it impossible to register as a new user.

A second thing that happened is that the board started having bugs due to the outdated software we used.
I can only make assumptions here though. However as far as I can tell problems like these:
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56810
Did not appear again after the update.

The current design is temporary - I chose this design because it is structured similarily to our old silver design.
Also this will prevent people from being locked out until the other designs are fixed.
Recommends AHK Studio
nnnik

16 Oct 2018, 14:15

People have been unable to register or post as guests due to a problem with our new Captcha system.
I have disabled this new system until a permanent fix has been applied.
For people that were unable to post or register this problem has been solved.
Recommends AHK Studio
guest663553

16 Oct 2018, 14:22

nnnik wrote:
Some of our plugins were uncompatible with this new update so we delayed an update to a new version of the PHP board.
We have done so until the point where the necessity for an update became apparent.
So why Admins of this forum did nothing all this time to prevent this mess?

Why didn't you try to fix the plugins before upgrading?

Wait, we already know the answer, "because this is a free forum administrated by volunteers".

FYI, there are others free forums out there in which their "volunteers" Admins really care and respect their users.
guest567

16 Oct 2018, 15:03

It's being unpleasant to use this forum these days.
tank

16 Oct 2018, 15:35

guest663553 wrote:Admins really care and respect their users.
I really do but my time is limited. I will be addressing the new captcha problem first and then begin updating themes. My first goal will be to get simplicity working again and fix the headers. Controlling spam is our first priority because it has the most potential of disrupting the server. The previous site owner did nothing and the problem was unmanageable. You all dont see the hundreds of messages that are deleted daily. Frankly I am amazed that the other admins have kept up. Please be patient i want things back to normal as well. The download on code boxes may not be a priority until the themes and headers are fixed.
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
Nextron

16 Oct 2018, 17:02

It also amazed me that some spam isn't just a fire-and-forget type script. Some of the accounts used to post the spam are registered a month in advance, probably to circumvent any potential new account cooldown measures.
kczx3

16 Oct 2018, 20:55

Seems like a bunch of whiners we have among us...
tank

19 Oct 2018, 11:54

I have numerous code based enhancements to the old and this updated forum to make it harder. It catches a lot but not all
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
guest3456

21 Oct 2018, 22:01

guest663553 wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 14:22
nnnik wrote:
So why Admins of this forum did nothing all this time to prevent this mess?

Why didn't you try to fix the plugins before upgrading?

Wait, we already know the answer, "because this is a free forum administrated by volunteers".

FYI, there are others free forums out there in which their "volunteers" Admins really care and respect their users.
then go elsewhere to those other forums that "respect their users". you are being entirely ungrateful.

Return to “Forum Issues”