New forum: replying is DIFFICULT since we are not shown original post

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
joefiesta

New forum: replying is DIFFICULT since we are not shown original post

22 Oct 2018, 09:28

I could be wrong. Memory may not be serving me well, but, with the old forum when I made a REPLY I could see the post to which I was replying. This also facilitated cutting and pasting from the original and making EXACT references to it and its content.

With the new forum, all I get is a blank REPLY FORM. This is not convenient and not nice and makes replying MUCH more difficult. Yes, the alternative is opening the REPLY in a new window and switching back and forth. I don't feel that should be necessary.
nnnik

Re: New forum: replying is DIFFICULT since we are not shown original post

22 Oct 2018, 09:30

joefiesta wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 09:28
I could be wrong. Memory may not be serving me well, but, with the old forum when I made a REPLY I could see the post to which I was replying. This also facilitated cutting and pasting from the original and making EXACT references to it and its content.

With the new forum, all I get is a blank REPLY FORM. This is not convenient and not nice and makes replying MUCH more difficult. Yes, the alternative is opening the REPLY in a new window and switching back and forth. I don't feel that should be necessary.
You need to press the "Reply with quote" button to do this.
This did not change at all - you just might be remembering this differently.
Recommends AHK Studio
joefiesta

22 Oct 2018, 09:50

I thought when I hit "Post Reply" (at the VERY top), I was not seeing the topic. But, now I see that it is being shown, but BELOW the area to reply into. my bad. I believe the old forum showed the old topic ABOVE the reply area.

But, boy am I glad to see the BLACK is gone. Where do people get the idea of gray on dark gray?
joedf

22 Oct 2018, 10:36

joefiesta wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 09:50
But, boy am I glad to see the BLACK is gone. Where do people get the idea of gray on dark gray?
I put in css patch fixes, so there still might be some small issues with the theme. Let me know if you do see any problems...
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Return to “Forum Issues”