WHO and WHY deletes PRIVATE messages?

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
joedf

Re: WHO and WHY deletes PRIVATE messages?

27 Oct 2018, 19:56

15 Kb/s?!? My goodness! How come? :0
That’s slower than dial up internet... :(
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Drugwash

Re: WHO and WHY deletes PRIVATE messages?

27 Oct 2018, 22:19

Yep, almost like the old 14400 bps modems from last century.
Actually it's still a dial-up connection, but 3G; an USB modem that connects at 21.6Mbps (Huawei E3531s borrowed from a friend, the original ZTE MF190 provided by my ISP broke a week before last Christmas).
The plan offered by my provider stipulates that the first 5GB downloaded monthly would go at maximum speed and then speed will drop to 15kBps until next month (upload speed drops accordingly too). What's 5GB today? So for like one day or two I get a "flying" connection and then back down, crawling.

Here's a funny thing: a couple weeks ago I went to one of my ISP's points of sales or whatever they're called and asked the blonde woman there to change my plan to the only other available: the 10GB/month. And she said "sorry, no can do, you gotta call our call center for such change in the contract". Huh?! "Whadda heck are you sitting in that confortable chair for, then?", I wanted to say, but I refrained myself. I hate going through those stupid automated calls "if you want to […] press one. If you need […] press…" only to eventually get to a human operator because my requirement doesn't fit the available automated options (the irony!) So there, I'll still be on the 5GB plan for quite some time and I'll have to choose whether to stop any current downloads in order to log into the board or pretend those PM notifications are all spam and not bother to log in for another month or so.
Part of my AHK work can be found here.

Return to “Forum Issues”