Forced expression after IF Topic is solved

Discuss the future of the AutoHotkey language
jeeswg

Re: Forced expression after IF

14 Apr 2018, 02:49

- @just me: A key point re. TWC is this: when you have an old AHK v1.0/v1.1 script, and you want to make it ready for AHK v2, it's good to be able to have a version of AutoHotkey that has both v1 and v2 abilities, as you work on converting it.
- By your logic, it would be good to at least have a few AHK v2 functions backported to AHK v1. And if it's easy enough, and easier than other alternatives, why not backport all the functions.
- It amuses me whenever I see an old post count in a thread, so I thought I'd continue the tradition. Anyway, such posts are rare now, literally one in a thousand.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
nnnik

14 Apr 2018, 02:52

Well I will be moving to AHK v2 for parts of my scripts that are version dependent.
I mostly write version independent code though.
Recommends AHK Studio
just me

14 Apr 2018, 03:10

jeeswg wrote:By your logic, it would be good to at least have a few AHK v2 functions backported to AHK v1.
I cannot find this statement in my post.
And if it's easy enough, and easier than other alternatives, why not backport all the functions.
Because v2 is still alpha and a subject to modifications, i.e. user-defined 'backported' functions need active maintenance.

Return to “AutoHotkey Development”